Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 02:37 PM

526 posts, read 955,543 times

Advertisements

Please help me understand this. I went on a date about three weeks ago with a guy I met through Match.com. First date was great! We had a lot of chemistry, laughs, and just a good time all around.

We talked everyday after that and he asked me out on a second date. Another great time. Again, talked every day after that and he asked me out for yet another date. This date happened to be 3 days after my bday, so when I met him, he surprised me with a small gift. A perfume. I was not expecting it at all, but thanked him for his kindness. We had yet another great time, laughs, a few kisses, and then parted ways.

We continued to talk every day after that. He tells me he has to travel for work the following week and would like to see me before he leaves. I wanted to see him too as I liked him but the time between his flight and some work events I had going on at the time made it impossible for us to see each other. That was last Wednesday. He sent me a text on Friday afternoon just to know how my day was going and to make plans for Sunday as he said he'd be back in town on Saturday night. We agreed on seeing each other on Sunday. I'd come over to his place and we'd order Thai food as we both like it.

On Satuday afternoon I sent him a text to wish him a safe flight home, he replied right away and said: "Thank you. I am about to board. I will call you tonight." He never called, but when I when I woke up on Sunday morning I saw a text from him on my phone which he sent at 10:42pm on Saturday saying "Buenas Noches" (good night in Spanish), he did that most nights when we talked or texted. When I saw the text I replied asking him how was his flight. He never answered. Last night I decided to call him, he did not answer either so I left him a voicemail saying that I hoped he was OK.

Today my friend calls me to ask me about him, and to say that I should check online to see if he's been on. I clicked on his profile from the first email he sent me and Match.com's reply was "this profile is not longer available." I am like, wtf?. Everything seemed good and then all of the sudden he disappears and deletes his profile. I just think is too much coincidence all of this happened when I was supposed to go to his house.

I am soooo glad I did not sleep with him because instead of feeling confused, I'd be feeling like crap right now. Stuff like this make me scrach my head and sometimes I feel like I should just give up on the whole dating scene, but I know for a fact that there are great guys out there, so I won't let this bring me down but I had to vent.

I don't know what to think anymore other than he was married and his wife caught him. If he changed his mine about me, why not telling me? I am a big girl, I can take it. But if he was single and not into me any longer, why delete his profile? Has any of you ever experienced something like this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 02:39 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,214,288 times
Could be several things, but if he was able to talk to you everyday and at random times, he probably wasn't married.

Could have met someone else? Back with an EX? Who knows...

Did you friend him on Facebook?

Old 01-24-2012, 02:40 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Doesn't look good my friend, sorry

At best he was just a player, at worst he is married.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:41 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,731,337 times
Sounds like another MIA deal LMAO

Old 01-24-2012, 02:43 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,214,288 times
If you really want to know call from a number he doesn't know or have a friend call and ask to speak to Mrs. Such and such, lol

Old 01-24-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Sounds like another MIA deal LMAO
I thought the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Could be several things, but if he was able to talk to you everyday and at random times, he probably wasn't married.

We did talk at random times during the day. I did not friend him on Facebook, I felt it was too soon for that.

Did not think about being back with an ex. That could be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Doesn't look good my friend, sorry

At best he was just a player, at worst he is married.
That's my feeling.

Quote:
If you really want to know call from a number he doesn't know or have a friend call and ask to speak to Mrs. Such and such, lol
LOL, not going to go into "stalker mode."

Old 01-24-2012, 02:58 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,731,483 times
Quote:

But he wasn't able to talk to her at random times. Remember, sometimes she said she received no response from him. And he could have been using Buenas Noches instead of Good Night because he could explain that away more readily. He could say that's the way he talks to his co-workers or buddies when they text him, for instance. Probably married. Ah well. Never mind. You dodged a bullet if he was married and he was trying turn you into his little playmate when he is traveling for business, you deserve better than sneaking around with some loser who can't tell the truth to save his life. Just don't go so fast next time. Don't agree to see a guy you just met two three days in a row. That was a little fast, in my opinion. If you go slow you can catch discrepancies before you involve your emotions. I bet even finding out early even stings a bit, so be more careful.

Old 01-24-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
But he wasn't able to talk to her at random times. Remember, sometimes she said she received no response from him. And he could have been using Buenas Noches instead of Good Night because he could explain that away more readily. He could say that's the way he talks to his co-workers or buddies when they text him, for instance. Probably married. Ah well. Never mind. You dodged a bullet if he was married and he was trying turn you into his little playmate when he is traveling for business, you deserve better than sneaking around with some loser who can't tell the truth to save his life. Just don't go so fast next time. Don't agree to see a guy you just met two three days in a row. That was a little fast, in my opinion. If you go slow you can catch discrepancies before you involve your emotions. I bet even finding out early even stings a bit, so be more careful.
The dates were once a week. I don't think that was too fast, but I respect your opinion.

Old 01-24-2012, 03:02 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,032,210 times
It's been a while since the tables have been open here at Las City-Data, so for all you compulsive gamblers, this one's for you. Bets will be accepted until the OP returns with a clear explanation for this guy's odd behavior. Lots of solid plays on this one, and like always, if you're gonna sin, WIN!

MARRIED 3:1 (Bet $1 to win $3)
OTHER LONG-TERM RELATIONSHIP (GIRLFRIEND/FIANCEE) 3:1
PLAYER/FOUND SOMEONE WHO WOULD PUT OUT FASTER 4:1
DEVELOPED FEELINGS FOR SOMEONE ELSE 4:1
PERFORMANCE ANXIETY/SMALL PENIS 8:1
GAY 15:1
DEAD 90:1

Tables are open! Don't trip over each other on the way to get your bets in.

Old 01-24-2012, 03:04 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Didn't it ever occur to you or anybody on this thread that he took the profile down because he found YOU?! Amazingly enough, I'm usually accused of being a party pooper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships