Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2011, 08:37 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Are mad about something? Bc it seems that way. If someone wants to find their bride overseas so be it. I just want people to be happy and if that's what it takes more power to the OP and people like him. Being rejected time and time again takes a toll on a person.
I guess I will state it for the 10th time now: I don't care if they go overseas to find wives, really I don't. It is the pages and pages of putdowns about American women on the way out the door. Yes we get it, 'we're all money grubbing wh*res.' Go over there already, LOL.

And FYI you don't need to tell me that last line.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:38 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,166,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Like it's not important to women. maybe they shouldn't sleep around so much then if loyalty is so important. lumping you all together sucks doesn't it?

this thread has quickly turned into the 'woe is me, i'm a really great guy who can't find a really great girl because their are NONE' thread. actually is many of these guys in this thread said so many things that are extremely offensive what woman WOULD want them -- foreign or domestic?? I had no idea there was this much hatred for American women from American men. all the guys saying there is nothing worth it here in terms of women and they're going overseas -- why haven't they packed and gone yet? Apparently true love awaits you in these foreign lands!
Your thinking is way more black-and-white than that of the guys here. The ones looking "abroad" aren't saying that they hate American women. They're mostly saying that American women don't generally want them. Some are saying that they don't care for the way modern American women act - but that's simply preference. I prefer gentler cultures. Women also have different desires, as I mentioned before some prefer a hotblooded Latino type, others prefer a well-mannered, calm Englishman type.

But it's much easier for women in this country to get what they want than it is for men. I see even the foul-mouthed Women of Walmart heifers that live around here can get boyfriends (though I think most of them are fresh from prison).

By the way, this conversation doesn't personally concern me - I'm not in the meat market anymore due to medical problems. It's kind of annoying since I finally found out how to do a mating dance to attract human females, even though I'm very ugly. But it's nice to just be myself now, no need to hide the farts, or pretend to be the confidant, hearty, assertive type when I'm really a nerd.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:54 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Your thinking is way more black-and-white than that of the guys here. The ones looking "abroad" aren't saying that they hate American women. They're mostly saying that American women don't generally want them. Some are saying that they don't care for the way modern American women act - but that's simply preference. I prefer gentler cultures. Women also have different desires, as I mentioned before some prefer a hotblooded Latino type, others prefer a well-mannered, calm Englishman type.

But it's much easier for women in this country to get what they want than it is for men. I see even the foul-mouthed Women of Walmart heifers that live around here can get boyfriends (though I think most of them are fresh from prison).

By the way, this conversation doesn't personally concern me - I'm not in the meat market anymore due to medical problems. It's kind of annoying since I finally found out how to do a mating dance to attract human females, even though I'm very ugly. But it's nice to just be myself now, no need to hide the farts, or pretend to be the confidant, hearty, assertive type when I'm really a nerd.

What thread have you been reading? At one point there was an ongoing dialogue of 'guy talk' back and forth of how much American women basically amount to nothing . I will go and pull out sentences and edit this post if you desire....On a personal level, it doesn't concern me either, LOL. I am not in the 'meat market' anymore myself. Not health related or anything, but I look at stuff like this here and IRL experiences and I don't have the energy to fight all these stereotypes all day long in an effort to get a man that doesn't think I am worthy of him to begin with. No thanks. For all of the many qualms they claim women have with them, they certainly have put a lot of standards on us as well. They aren't chasing after "Wal Mart heifers." There is this false image being depicted that I cannot stand: "I'm just the nicest, gentlest man and no woman appreciates me." I've read some real insulting stuff so yea, I feel the need to give it back. I realize I am dead wrong for this, LOL. I have no idea if you are 'very ugly' or not but it's no picnic being an ugly and/or undesirable lady either. I'm more of a 'nerdish' type in activities, I agree with you, it's probably better to just be yourself and not try to be something else; that's what I am doing -- although that doesn't seem to translate into success in the dating department.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:01 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,793,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
You have very low self esteem, bro. Women sense it.
You're right. If you had been through what I have you probably would too. Its something I work on daily.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:06 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,051,714 times
Woof, your argument could be made for men as well. it's not just women that look down on marriage or "housewives". Men's expectations have also changed somewhat, in that more are hoping for women to make the first move, for women to be more independent (financially) and sometimes even prefer if the wife made the same income as to not keep all the responsibility on him. They also may not want the housewife aspect and may prefer her to work and assist with home ownership cost, childcare, etc.

I say "somewhat", because this isn't to say there aren't still traditionally minded men and women to this day. it seems your argument accuses feminist; but in the end, feminism didn't really change the heart of the matter: While there may be more women "wearing the pants" than previously, many women still prefer the male to make more or equal income. Likewise, a man's ego is still primarily based on his ability to provide for a family. Are there women who may target alpha males today? Did they not exist 50 years ago? 100? Thousands of years ago? In different countries even? But there are/were still the types that are happy with average men. If it weren't the case, most people wouldn't have married/found someone, since not every male is an Alpha.

To think Asian women were/are the one's likely to "settle" for a man that could provide and "treat them with respect" underestimates that women all over the world can have the same tendencies. There are American, European, etc. that are still that way, Likewise Asian, (European, etc.) women can be just as educated, and just as competitive at wanting a man that can "keep up with the Jones-es" or Wang-s even.

There was a CD thread a year ago about an American man who had similar issues with his Japanese wife.:

American men married to Japanese women

At the end of the day, men are men, and women are women, and you will find the same varying personalities to some degree everywhere; Because we all want the same basic things.

One other thing, if you're looking for women in bars, online, etc. you're not likely to find the women of substance you seek (as those areas do appeal more to the vapid, materialistic crowd--especially since online gives people many options).

Old 12-29-2011, 12:19 AM

65 posts, read 99,947 times
Well the fact that you trash me because of my DUI only proves my point. One mistake disqualifes me from all American women? IT seems to me women these days feel they are owed a George Clooney type man with all the fixings right out of the box with ZERO faults no matter how small. To even be considered for a second date you
1) must be independently wealthy
2) flawless looks
3) have trendy clothes
4) drive a $100 000 vehicle

Maybe its tv or movies I don't know what but this is what American women expect these days I'm forced to go outside our culture to find a normal a women with REALISTIC expectations than so be it.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:48 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtownKeith View Post
Well the fact that you trash me because of my DUI only proves my point. One mistake disqualifes me from all American women? IT seems to me women these days feel they are owed a George Clooney type man with all the fixings right out of the box with ZERO faults no matter how small. To even be considered for a second date you
1) must be independently wealthy
2) flawless looks
3) have trendy clothes
4) drive a $100 000 vehicle

Maybe its tv or movies I don't know what but this is what American women expect these days I'm forced to go outside our culture to find a normal a women with REALISTIC expectations than so be it.
None of the women I know are looking for any of those so called 'requirements'. I also don't see how a woman requiring no DUIs is automatically looking for a rich, ultra handsome man who drives a Mercedes.

Honestly, it would be really nice if I could meet a guy that hasn't been in jail, doesn't have a recent DUI (if it's 5 years ago and you've learned your lesson that's fine) or any drug charges, doesn't do drugs on a regular basis and has some sort of motivation.

I don't care how good looking you are or how nice your car is, if you sit and home and smoke weed all day you're not for me. The same thing applies if you're perfectly content working at a convenience store making minimum wage.

I've worked my rear end off to be fairly successful and I don't think it's that far fetched to expect the same out of a potential partner, just as I don't expect a buff, good looking man who makes money to date me.

I don't expect perfection by any means, but I do have some standards.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:39 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,083,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post

LMAO. Russian and Eastern European are "gentler"? Compared to what? What are your actual experiences with women from these countries?

Are you saying "heifers of Walmart" are a representation of American women?

I think it isn't so much these men have been "rejected by too many American women so are looking abroad"...I think many have this ideal that women from such countries are docile, subserviant, live to cater to a man's needs.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:48 AM

65 posts, read 99,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
None of the women I know are looking for any of those so called 'requirements'. I also don't see how a woman requiring no DUIs is automatically looking for a rich, ultra handsome man who drives a Mercedes.

Honestly, it would be really nice if I could meet a guy that hasn't been in jail, doesn't have a recent DUI (if it's 5 years ago and you've learned your lesson that's fine) or any drug charges, doesn't do drugs on a regular basis and has some sort of motivation.

I don't care how good looking you are or how nice your car is, if you sit and home and smoke weed all day you're not for me. The same thing applies if you're perfectly content working at a convenience store making minimum wage.

I've worked my rear end off to be fairly successful and I don't think it's that far fetched to expect the same out of a potential partner, just as I don't expect a buff, good looking man who makes money to date me.

I don't expect perfection by any means, but I do have some standards.
Well you are certainly in the minority whether you know it or not. My DUI is 3 years old btw.
Looking at girl's requirments on any dating site just reinforces what I already believe. Picky about every little detail from height to economic status, to body type.

Old 12-29-2011, 05:09 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,801,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Like it's not important to women. maybe they shouldn't sleep around so much then if loyalty is so important. lumping you all together sucks doesn't it?

this thread has quickly turned into the 'woe is me, i'm a really great guy who can't find a really great girl because their are NONE' thread. actually is many of these guys in this thread said so many things that are extremely offensive what woman WOULD want them -- foreign or domestic?? I had no idea there was this much hatred for American women from American men. all the guys saying there is nothing worth it here in terms of women and they're going overseas -- why haven't they packed and gone yet? Apparently true love awaits you in these foreign lands!
Actually at my age there isn't, the vast majority are taken...why wouldn't I want to increase my options as much as possible? By looking at other countries I increase the probability of finding what I want by an astronomical amount. I'm 35...at my age a lot of women are already divorced, have kids, or are taken. I want the traditional relationship that other guys get to have - a woman I'm attracted to on more than one level, has no kids, and has never been married.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships