Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2011, 01:16 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,469,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Some of you just don't get it...at all. I'm at work so I don't have the time to reply to all of this stuff with detailed posts and point out why. Not to mention you blatantly avoid valid points that people make anyway. The only response I see here is that foreign women are only after men for their money (false)...so they are no different than American women..lol!!! Just for starters you assume every country is like America..some countries are small so that would give them less options as far as men go just in itself. Also in some countries men don't treat women all that well. Those are both 2 reasons a foreign woman might be interested in a good American man. In America women have a lot of options (or think they do) because so many men want to date 5 women at once and there are so many men that cheat. Polygamy is a huge problem in America for men that are 100 percent single and looking. It causes a huge balance problem in the numbers game and dating pool in America.
You spend way too much time not living in the real world. So Kobe Bryant is now the reason guys can't get dates?

Old 12-28-2011, 01:22 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,522,377 times
Reading this thread reminds me of a joke Eddie Murphy told in his stand up movie 'Raw" He wanted to date an African Woman, because he was sick of American women, and he thought all women just wanted half of his money. So he gets an African Woman, and she is cool, until she gets around other American Women, next thing you know the only words she knows in english is "I want half Eddie". So you guys going abroad to get these foreign women, you better not keep em locked in the house, don't want those greedy, self absorbed American women corrupting them

Old 12-28-2011, 01:33 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,718,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
Reading this thread reminds me of a joke Eddie Murphy told in his stand up movie 'Raw" He wanted to date an African Woman, because he was sick of American women, and he thought all women just wanted half of his money. So he gets an African Woman, and she is cool, until she gets around other American Women, next thing you know the only words she knows in english is "I want half Eddie". So you guys going abroad to get these foreign women, you better not keep em locked in the house, don't want those greedy, self absorbed American women corrupting them
Exactly! They might stick around until they get their citizenship then all bets are off. Unless you're marrying for love, it's basically a business deal but you can't make someone stay with you if they don't want to or need to.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:34 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
Some men do move to their wives' countries, particularly if they're older and on SS and and they can stretch the dollar further there. This way they can also protect them from evil influence.

It's true that American men were (are?) known around the world for making good husbands. Only that it doesn't really seem to apply to the particular type of men deliberately seeking foreign wives from countries with lower standard of living. They tend to be control freaks.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:35 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
You spend way too much time not living in the real world. So Kobe Bryant is now the reason guys can't get dates?
You're not getting my point at all....you haven't been following the thread anyway obviously. That section of my post was just another reason why foreign women are different from American women.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:40 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Some men do move to their wives' countries, particularly if they're older and on SS and and they can stretch the dollar further there. This way they can also protect them from evil influence.

It's true that American men were (are?) known around the world for making good husbands. Only that it doesn't really seem to apply to the particular type of men deliberately seeking foreign wives from countries with lower standard of living. They tend to be control freaks.
Myth and stereotype #1457743 in this thread. Keep at it ladies...whatever makes you feel better You're right though...American men are sought after all over the world, American women aren't. Wonder why that is?

Old 12-28-2011, 01:43 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Myth and stereotype #1457743 in this thread. Keep at it ladies...whatever makes you feel better You're right though...American men are sought after all over the world, American women aren't. Wonder why that is?
For one thing, I'm foreign-born. For another, I've been married to a full-blooded American.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:47 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,392,191 times
Quote:
American Woman...
Stay away from me-eee...

Old 12-28-2011, 01:53 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
Who says American women aren't sought after? I've been hit on in many foreign countries. Are you saying that because American women aren't used as mail order brides to other countries that this means we aren't sought after?

Old 12-28-2011, 01:54 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
Good afternoon,

I'm sure this is true in some or many cases, but it could simply be a cheaper version of our own marriage market, since we can't say money doesn't play a role in our own culture, based on the top reason given for divorce. To me, that shows "money" (at some level) IS factored into their (and our) requirements for romance. As you say, neither here nor there, it's free people making free choices at the end of the day.
Yes, it is a cheaper version. Although, there's more required in the pot for western women, which goes beyond a simple dollar to wants/demands of certain intelligence, culture, personality, etc.

Quote:
In that post I was referring to those who DO recognize it but don't care.
But, those who do recognize it are not the ones making charges on the net. Those who recognize it realize they are the ones lacking, so they do what the must. They don't charge double standards. What's the point of discussing those guys any way since they're not here?

Quote:
I agree. Marrying foreign is a major hurdle for the average Joe, so this is really just mental gymnastics.

Maybe your definition of "shyte together" is referring only to your demographic, hence different from my definition.
Shyte together as in self-sufficient, educated, career, savings. This does not include the unemployed, those living on the dole, those renting with roommates, etc.

Quote:
If your group is marrying each other that's wonderful but isn't large enough to make a dent in the poor and middle class.
I may be wrong, but here's the rub. These guys don't appear to be interested in settling for the poor and (lower) middle class. Obesity and single moms are typically well represented among the poor and comments in this thread tell that these men really don't want to settle for that. I guess these are the women with the bad reputations? So, who doesn't want who again?

Quote:
I just don't see your given reason for declining marriage rates in the charts I've looked at. I've seen a continuous drop for the past 50 years, and that covers both good and bad economic times.

If your charts say something different about historical marriage rates, I'd love to see it since my viewpoints are flexible.
I think the continuous drop has been due to women's rights first and foremost. As far as who is fairing well, this is what I've been coming across...

"WASHINGTON - Young adults with college degrees are now more likely to be married than those who are less educated, a reversal of longtime trends as the struggling economy pushes weddings to all-time lows.

About 62 percent of college-educated 30-year-olds were married or had been married, compared with 60 percent of those without a bachelor's degree, according to a Pew Research Center analysis of census data. That is a significant shift from the 1990s, when young adults who didn't finish college were more likely to have wed than their better-educated counterparts, 75 percent to 69 percent."
Source (http://www.myfoxny.com/dpps/news/marriage-trend-reversal-education-oct-7-2010_9997808 - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships