Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2011, 08:32 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Wrong. I treat women very well the problem is American women, their ultra picky dating methods, and their sense of self entitlement. I don't feel the need to prove to myself to a woman over the internet. There is no "syndrome" other than the one a lot of single women in America have. The syndrome that makes them think they deserve a George Clooney look-a-like with an 8 figure bank account.

Besides, you're married. I'm talking about women that are single between 25-35 or so. I'm sure there are plenty of good women in America that are already married....that doesn't do a single guy like me any good. The problem is the ones that aren't taken and are out in the dating pool. They don't care if you might be a good guy that treats them well and won't cheat on them. The vast majority of women I have had first dates with in the last few years wouldn't even give me a second date despite all the good things about me. This was because they were not happy with my social status, the kind of car I drove, or what my job was. You really don't know how women in America are until you try to date them trust me.
This whole post is delusional.
If you have glommed on to a certain group or type of woman that behaves that way, that is your own fault.
Look elsewhere, my friend. I guarantee they are out there.

You lay down with dogs, you wake up with fleas.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:43 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtownKeith View Post
Huh? I'm afraid I don't understand your statement.
I'm saying that men that measure above you are not unrealistic fantasies of American women.

Quote:
Wrong. I treat women very well the problem is American women, their ultra picky dating methods, and their sense of self entitlement. I don't feel the need to prove to myself to a woman over the internet. There is no "syndrome" other than the one a lot of single women in America have. The syndrome that makes them think they deserve a George Clooney look-a-like with an 8 figure bank account.
It's not about proving yourself. You are who you are and it's apparent. Also, millions of American men of all SES date, sex, and marry every day. The vast majority do. You are a minority and given that you are a minority it's irrational to assume a majority of women are at fault for not being interested in you.

Quote:
Besides, you're married. I'm talking about women that are single between 25-35 or so. I'm sure there are plenty of good women in America that are already married....that doesn't do a single guy like me any good.
The problem is the ones that aren't taken and are out in the dating pool. They don't care if you might be a good guy that treats them well and won't cheat on them. The vast majority of women I have had first dates with in the last few years wouldn't even give me a second date despite all the good things about me. This was because they were not happy with my social status, the kind of car I drove, or what my job was. You really don't know how women in America are until you try to date them trust me.
So now it's a matter of single, American women between 25-35? Do you want to throw in race and religion as well? You're tweaking the qualifiers in your position to fit your pov, however nonsensical it is. American women come in all shades. Rather than assume it's an across the board woman issue, you may be just fishing in the wrong pond.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:53 AM

65 posts, read 99,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I have found that men who complain incessantly about women have the same entitled, mean spirited personality. They simply cannot see their own faults so they blame women for "not appreciating good guys".

How about taking a deep look at yourself in the mirror and stop pretending you're so damn nice and such a great catch and just admit you need to work on your personality for awhile.

You aren't attracting nice, normal women because you are not nice nor normal yourself.
Well I think I know myself a little bit better than you dont ya think?! The problem if there is a problem with me is that I m too darn nice. I open the car doors for the ladies and chairs take them to expensive restaurants for dinner, to whatever movie they wanted. I open up about my self so they know I' m not creepy or a serial killer.
I did make a mistake a few months back and got a DUI. As part of the judgment I had to install a breathalyzer in my car. Before they ever got in I broached the subject and explained everything, they didn't think it was a big deal.
American women have to figure out they're not going to meet Brad Pitt on match.com and a guy like me is actually a pretty damn good catch in reality.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:54 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I'm saying that men that measure above you are not unrealistic fantasies of American women.

It's not about proving yourself. You are who you are and it's apparent. Also, millions of American men of all SES date, sex, and marry every day. The vast majority do. You are a minority and given that you are a minority it's irrational to assume a majority of women are at fault for not being interested in you.

So now it's a matter of single, American women between 25-35? Do you want to throw in race and religion as well? You're tweaking the qualifiers in your position to fit your pov, however nonsensical it is. American women come in all shades. Rather than assume it's an across the board woman issue, you may be just fishing in the wrong pond.
Of course I'm talking about single women. That is the women single guys like me in America have to deal with. A woman can be the greatest woman in the world if she's married by the time she is 23 that woman does me no good. Sure if I want to settle and go out with a 200lb woman with 3 kids to 3 different men i'm sure I can find someone. I guess that's what men like me are expected to do just because we didn't marry when we were younger. Settle. Again all the women that I have been out with lately would not give me a second date due to my social status, job, or the fact that I did not drive n expensive car. It had nothing to do with my personality, or looks. It was all about money and social status.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:15 AM

1,098 posts, read 1,866,695 times
Quote:
Of course I'm talking about single women. That is the women single guys like me in America have to deal with. A woman can be the greatest woman in the world if she's married by the time she is 23 that woman does me no good. Sure if I want to settle and go out with a 200lb woman with 3 kids to 3 different men i'm sure I can find someone. I guess that's what men like me are expected to do just because we didn't marry when we were younger. Settle. Again all the women that I have been out with lately would not give me a second date due to my social status, job, or the fact that I did not drive n expensive car. It had nothing to do with my personalityI, or looks. It was all about money and social status.
People get upset when you refuse to settle and date someone younger for a fresh start of starting your own family. Just out of curiosity, where are you finding these women? I wanted to suggest finding new locations and see if you fare better there.

Edit: Try not to feel frustrated. You dodged some bullets if not being with the superficial types. Look at the ones who married because they have what you have and thier wives willingly cheat, divorce, and cash out. Be thankful that wasn't you.

Last edited by Cyber Surfer; 12-28-2011 at 09:39 AM..

Old 12-28-2011, 09:22 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
Well I think I know myself a little bit better than you dont ya think?! The problem if there is a problem with me is that I m too darn nice. I open the car doors for the ladies and chairs take them to expensive restaurants for dinner, to whatever movie they wanted. I open up about my self so they know I' m not creepy or a serial killer.
I did make a mistake a few months back and got a DUI. As part of the judgment I had to install a breathalyzer in my car. Before they ever got in I broached the subject and explained everything, they didn't think it was a big deal.
American women have to figure out they're not going to meet Brad Pitt on match.com and a guy like me is actually a pretty damn good catch in reality.
Was this your first DUI? For the record - I probably wouldn't have dated a guy that had gotten a DUI. That's a big red flag for me.

I think it's funny that all the men on this thread talk about how entitled American women are... and then they go on to talk about how great of a catch they are and they deserve a good woman but all the women are too entitled.... Hmmm...

And I agree with the other posters - most of the guys on here that call themselves nice guys seem like anything but.

I think I'm a decent catch and I never dated guys that looked like George Clooney or had his money. Neither have most of my friends. Funny.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:22 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,392,191 times
Quote:
...Again all the women that I have been out with lately would not give me a second date due to my social status, job, or the fact that I did not drive n expensive car. It had nothing to do with my personality, or looks. It was all about money and social status.
Did they tell you this? I mean, surely they knew something about your social and financial status before you went on that first date, unless somehow you gave them the wrong impression before asking them out. How can you be so sure that something you said or did during the first date didn't turn her off?

I'm not going to ASSUME you're wrong here. I just don't think a woman would agree to a date with someone if they had a problem with their social status or class.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Um, a man with a breathalyzer attached to his car is a red flag. A grown woman with her shyte together is not going to be interested in that scene. It has nothing to do with Brad Pitt.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Of course I'm talking about single women. That is the women single guys like me in America have to deal with. A woman can be the greatest woman in the world if she's married by the time she is 23 that woman does me no good. Sure if I want to settle and go out with a 200lb woman with 3 kids to 3 different men i'm sure I can find someone. I guess that's what men like me are expected to do just because we didn't marry when we were younger. Settle. Again all the women that I have been out with lately would not give me a second date due to my social status, job, or the fact that I did not drive n expensive car. It had nothing to do with my personality, or looks. It was all about money and social status.
All the married women here were once single and we chose our husbands for specific reasons. Here's a news flash for you, none of them are filthy rich Brad Pitts. Further, you complain about having to settle/date down while complaining that the women you want to date don't want to date down/settle. You blame your job. It's not only one thing. You can have a lame job and thrilling hobbies; a life outside your 9-5 that is attractive to women. Clearly, you don't have that. I'm not sure how the responsibility of that falls onto women.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:50 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
I never understand the guys that keep listing social status. I don't even understand what that means.

Not enough friends on FB, or doesn't hang-out with the Rockefeller's?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships