Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2011, 06:49 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Wrong. That's one case out of how many men that marry a foreign woman? Also the majority are not bought....the foreign woman marrys because she wants to. On EHarmony you can set your match settings to be matched up with women all over the world....there is no "buying" going on.
Umm... this thread is about mail order brides... not just about marrying foreign women...

Old 12-27-2011, 06:52 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,273,223 times
Quote:
Who said foreign women only want American men for their money? That's a huge stereotype from decades ago. There are lots of guys that aren't rich that marry foreign women. I'm not rich and I wager I could easily find an awesome foreign woman with my personality and looks....something I can't do with American women. My friend married a woman from Central America and he's far from rich. She also was not exactly poor.

We are talking about mail order brides, not foreign women in general. "When you buy a bride" means one that you find through a service. They are marrying you because they think you have money. Considering the countries and conditions they come from, to them, you do. Your 3BR, 2BA house on a hill is a mansion compared to their living conditions. They are marrying you for the lifestyle they think you can provide for them. That is no better than the women you complain about here wanting you for your money. The only difference is that the gold-diggers here see you as the average Joe you are when you are compared to your American peers. It's just a matter of degree. Our middle class is another country's extremely wealthy. Don't shoot the messenger. It is what it is: Mutual exploitation. She wants you for your money. You use your money to exploit her poverty.

Old 12-27-2011, 06:54 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Umm... this thread is about mail order brides...
Yeah. Many here imagine them FedEx-ed in an envelope.

Old 12-27-2011, 06:55 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,469,322 times
Are there Nigerian order brides?

Old 12-27-2011, 09:23 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,987,184 times
Many of the posters here have no clue about hoops you have to go though in order to get a visa for your wife or fiance. It cost lots of money, time, exhaustive interviews with the Govt. They try to weed out green card grabbers. You can NOT get a visa for someone you have never met in person. The term "mail-order bride" is really quite insulting and demeaning.

The women in poor countries are trying to get a better life most of them are pragmatic about their options. They will be quite loyal and loving if treated right. It is a good option for guys who have no luck with American women.

There are also plenty of losers who have one or more failed marriages to American women who are looking for someone to control and dominate. If feel sorry for the poor girls who end up with those guys. The wife and I have helped several women escape bad relationships over the years.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:43 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,736,964 times
Quote:
Wrong. That's one case out of how many men that marry a foreign woman? Also the majority are not bought....the foreign woman marrys because she wants to. On EHarmony you can set your match settings to be matched up with women all over the world....there is no "buying" going on.
I think there needs to be some distinction between the mail order bride process (for lack of a better term) and dating foreign women.....Anyways

I'm not saying all -- but I do think a lot of them go for these women because a. they couldn't 'handle' the demands of dating educated & savvy american women or b. they like the idea of these women being unsuspecting as to what other women here wouldn't accept, tolerate, or want. Similar to what 'faabala' was saying. I watched a show/doc on cable about these men looking for mail order brides a few years back. The men pay bundles of money to an organization that sets up a neutral location for them to all meet. There mostly wasn't any matches, but some of those men, I wouldn't want anything to do with and neither would most other women I know. This one guy had been married 4 or 5 times! But these mail order brides didn't know any better, I guess.

**I'm not accusing mail order brides of being unintelligent, rather a lot of them might not be privy to what is acceptable here, b/c of the cultural differences. Also, I understand they are just trying to make a better life for themselves overall. That said everyone is going to have an opinion on this topic & it's not going to always jive with yours. Such is life. At the end of the day do I care personally if men date/marry mail order type brides? No, that's their buisness.

Last edited by Doll Eyes; 12-27-2011 at 09:56 PM..

Old 12-27-2011, 09:45 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
my kid brother did it. he is still married with 3 kids.
hanging by his fingertips but that is his style, does the same on the job.
strengthens the hands and fingers.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:18 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,610,493 times
thai-farang marriages almost never work.

and thailand is probably the worst place on the planet to go if you're looking for a wife. you're going to get ripped off - and badly.

you'll prolly end up hooking up with an issan girl. but remember, when you marry her you're also marrying her entire family - or even her entire village. you'll be expected to pay for everyones problems. your father and brother in laws will all stop working and you'll be expected to make up for the slack. it will be never ending.

your wife will never truly love you and will become a major ***** as soon as you get back to farangland, since thais hate anywhere that isn't thailand.

thailand is a good place to have fun, but NOT for marriage. my advice would be to take vacations there, have fun, but don't go out of your way to get into relationships. you'll end up regretting it like all the other guys who do it.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:25 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,610,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
If Asian women are what you are after better off looking in somewhere like Tokyo, Singapore, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Putrajaya. Bangkok has high rates of prostitution and ex-prostitutes and slavery
compared to the cities you listed? no it doesn't. bangkok has a larger foreigner-oriented P4P scene, but sex trafficking/slavery is a MUCH bigger problem in the shanghai, hk, and sing.

you can find papasans pushing obviously trafficked/underage girls in shanghai in under 10 mins of searching. you can search all night in nana or cowboy in bkk and wont find anything of that sort. you should be ashamed of yourself for lying and trying to defame the great nation of thailand.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:02 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
I was more drawing a parallel between some women who get a sperm donor and some men who obtain a mail order bride. While the desired outcome may not be the same, the similarity lies in that the filtering out process is done by a professional and efficient service. Where you can specify exactly what you require and remove hassle and guesswork.
Sperm donors are most frequently for the anonymity and to not be shackled with someone just to have someone.

What you get may be quite the opposite of what you expect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships