Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2011, 04:58 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,801,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackpot View Post
There were times where I knew a few guys who were considered "losers" who people would say, "Aww, I'm sure he'll find love" and when they did it turned to "OMG she's too good for him!"

Seriously, T.F. ?
I don't think most people would call me a loser, unless it was based on me being currently unemployed. I consider myself a loser from that perspective, but I hope women don't. Maybe they do.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:43 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,405,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sftong View Post
I would suggest dating local Asian women. However, there are 2 types of Asian girls -- immigrated, and locally raised. Those immigrated are typically more traditional and conservative like those from Asia directly, but are probably more open minded and accustomed to the culture here. The locally raised are probably completely Westernized by the culture and education system, and they would behave and value the same way as a typical American lady.

If you were to bring a bride back from Thailand, I wonder who would have more adjustment problems -- your new bride adjusting to the culture and language (culture shock), or you adjusting to your new wife lifestyle?

I would think your best bet is to try dating or finding your way into international student society in local University. The girls and women there would frequently need some help and advices, and you get a pool of smart and traditional girls to pick from.

oh boy, now the best kept secret is out.
That's not true. I may be a feminist where I believe in equality, but I am not a nazi/crazy feminist where I will be up in your business. I may be opinionated, upfront about things or whatnot, but plenty of my Asian friends and I are loyal, family oriented and are conservative. We value the good traditions and we respect men who respect women-not men who don't respect women. We value education because we believe that it will help our family. One thing you fail to notice is that sometimes immigrated Asian women are desperate to conform to the American culture and I've witness this plenty of time.

Here's another option for you: Asian women who grew up in America but still value their culture and tradition vs. Asian women who grew up in America but do not value their culture and tradition.

Last edited by ho hey!; 12-27-2011 at 05:51 PM..

Old 12-27-2011, 05:55 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,160,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianRice View Post
That's not true. I may be a feminist where I believe in equality, but I am not a nazi/crazy feminist where I will be up in your business. I may be opinionated, upfront about things or whatnot, but plenty of my Asian friends and I are loyal, family oriented and are conservative. We value the good traditions and we respect men who respect women-not men who don't respect women. We value education because we believe that it will help our family. One thing you fail to notice is that sometimes immigrated Asian women are desperate to conform to the American culture and I've witness this plenty of time.

Here's another option for you: Asian women who grew up in America but still value their culture and tradition vs. Asian women who grew up in America but do not value their culture and tradition.
Just give me a Asian women that looks like Lucy Liu, I don't give a damn were she is from.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:56 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,160,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
No and yes. I am a woman who usually bats for the other team.
My bad, I thought you were a man. Never mind then.

Old 12-27-2011, 06:12 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,283,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I agree with orangeapple. What exactly are you "removing the hassle and guesswork" of? Choosing someone based on age and appearance is pretty much it. All the real qualities that form a person's character, personality, moral code, ethics, compatibility, you can't select that off the internet. There are absolutely zero guarantees.

I also am amazed at the negative references, in this thread, to "western women". Pretty sure your mothers are just that, your sisters, aunts, cousins. It's not millions of "western women" that are the problem, it's you. What you put out into the universe comes back to you, so if you're not having success, you need to change your approach. But buying a wife online isn't going to bring you the happiness you think you're entitled to, if you don't even know how to have a relationship in the first place.

^^^^Gets my vote for best post in the thread.

Old 12-27-2011, 06:27 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,809,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
This sounds like ordering an appliance or something.... It's so cold and detached, it revolts me.
I guess people think they can really buy love. That's essentially what this is, after all. I suggest the OP buy a personality first; then love may come as a bonus on its own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I agree with orangeapple. What exactly are you "removing the hassle and guesswork" of? Choosing someone based on age and appearance is pretty much it. All the real qualities that form a person's character, personality, moral code, ethics, compatibility, you can't select that off the internet. There are absolutely zero guarantees.

I also am amazed at the negative references, in this thread, to "western women". Pretty sure your mothers are just that, your sisters, aunts, cousins. It's not millions of "western women" that are the problem, it's you. What you put out into the universe comes back to you, so if you're not having success, you need to change your approach. But buying a wife online isn't going to bring you the happiness you think you're entitled to, if you don't even know how to have a relationship in the first place.
Ok then why do so many American women go on a dating site like Match or P.O.F. and window shop for guys based on what their job title is, how much money they make,...or how tall they are? Oh...and they do of course look at the pics. Are they looking for all these real qualities you speak of?

Also noone buys a wife anymore there are dating sites with foreign women on them....they aren't forced to marry anyone and they aren't bought. I doubt many men that marry foreign are just worried about looks.....personality is one of the main reasons a guy would want to go for a woman in a different country. Numerous guys have already said that in this thread.

Old 12-27-2011, 06:31 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,283,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
^You know, I often get the feeling that men don't really care if a woman gets with him just for money. They just want to have a woman. It's not what I would suggest for men to do, but if men are okay with that, they can't at the same time go around calling women golddiggers and such.
It's a great irony that many of the men here complain about women wanting them just for their money, while other men here think that importing a bride who wants them just for their money is okay.

I mean, let's get real, here. When you buy a bride, you are buying a charade. She doesn't love you. She may not even like you. She'll tolerate you because she thinks you have a lot of money.

Just do yourself a favor and don't fall for the docile routine. Paying for companionship means you are willing to be exploited--and those women will take full advantage of it. Cook and clean? For a few years. Then you will be busting your butt to get them a housekeeper. Count on it.

Old 12-27-2011, 06:40 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,746,331 times
some american man over here killed his mail order bride a few years back. Golddiggers or no, imo they are treated as disposable sex toys/fantasies and this is a correlation to how they are "ordered" in the first place.

Old 12-27-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
It's a great irony that many of the men here complain about women wanting them just for their money, while other men here think that importing a bride who wants them just for their money is okay.
I mean, let's get real, here. When you buy a bride, you are buying a charade. She doesn't love you. She may not even like you. She'll tolerate you because she thinks you have a lot of money.

Just do yourself a favor and don't fall for the docile routine. Paying for companionship means you are willing to be exploited--and those women will take full advantage of it. Cook and clean? For a few years. Then you will be busting your butt to get them a housekeeper. Count on it.
Who said foreign women only want American men for their money? That's a huge stereotype from decades ago. There are lots of guys that aren't rich that marry foreign women. I'm not rich and I wager I could easily find an awesome foreign woman with my personality and looks....something I can't do with American women. My friend married a woman from Central America and he's far from rich. She also was not exactly poor.

Old 12-27-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
some american man over here killed his mail order bride a few years back. Golddiggers or no, imo they are treated as disposable sex toys/fantasies and this is a correlation to how they are "ordered" in the first place.
Wrong. That's one case out of how many men that marry a foreign woman? Also the majority are not bought....the foreign woman marrys because she wants to. On EHarmony you can set your match settings to be matched up with women all over the world....there is no "buying" going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships