Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2011, 10:22 AM

2,028 posts, read 1,887,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
I don't know where you all live, but I see plenty of American guys with so-so/average/regular jobs...with American wives.

Not every women in America ascribes to the ideals you see in Hollywood, Manhattan, or Sex and the City.
Good morning,

For the guys I've known who are interested in foreign women, it's not solely about getting married, it's also about being happy within that marriage. I don't think marrying a foreign woman and bringing her here is a foolproof solution, but it's what these men have determined to be their best option over continuous failure here.

Many average guys I've known are miserable in their marriages.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:23 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,729,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
Good morning,

It seems as if the women of today don't have the same dating preferences or attitudes of the women in the past, so mothers and aunts don't necessarily fit as examples unless the OP wants to marry a much older woman.

If today's generation were like the mothers, aunts and grandmothers of the past, this thread probably wouldn't exist.

I'm sure many could argue the case that their sisters and cousins are part of the problem, by the way.
B.S. They do NOT want traditional, old fashioned women.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:23 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,454,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtownKeith View Post
I ve had no luck with western women well American women in particular. I'm just clueless as to what they want. Here I am a nice job , a nice apartment, non violent don't drink too much and I can't seem to land a gal!? I'm the first to admit I'm not exactly Brad Pitt but there are other things in this world besides outward appearances.
Really this last couple dates I had broke the camels back so to speak. A nice dinner (not inexpensive) followed by a movie and some very awkward goodbyes where I was able to get a kiss on the lips from the 2nd date.
But again , no call backs no returned emails or replies to friendship requests on facebook.
I've decided American women are impossible to please. I've been reading up on Thai women and their culture is completely different to ours. From what I''m told via some online acquaintances I would be viewed as quite the catch by Thai standards. I make upwards of 70k , a stable personality, a home, a car etc. It feels right, especially since I've always favored Asian women and their natural tans compared with ginger or fair skinned American gals. Anywho I plan on traveling to Bangkok just after New Years to make some inquiries.
I'll keep you all updated wish me luck!
They want bling. They could care less about your personality or what car you have, it's all about them and what car you're going to buy them and how you can make them have bragging rights on girls-night-out. That's how you'll get an American woman that's not already married or is younger than 30. The closer they get to 30 without a man the more open-minded they'll become.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:28 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,185,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
What he means is they have "normal" expectations. Whereas many single American women have "unrealistic" ones or are extremely picky. A Thai woman probably does not care if you drive a certain kind of car, but plenty of American women do. See the difference?
The only unrealistic thing I'm seeing in this thread is a bit of self-delusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
His post was not a good example at all....I think mine are though. I agree most women would shy away from a guy that just got a DUI...especially if he is older and should know better. We're talking about guys like me that have nothing like that to blemish them, which I don't.
His post is a perfect example. The only difference between him and any other guy making the argument is that we actually have the opportunity to see what the deal is. He doesn't see it as being a big deal, tho. Instead, women simply have too high expectations. It's a matter of perspective. I don't know what your deal is, but it's something. Something you don't think is a big deal, but a turn off to the women you want to date just the same.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:32 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,729,753 times
As someone that is new here over the past few weeks, I see there's a lot of deep seated hatred (at least in this section) for the entire population of American women

Old 12-28-2011, 10:33 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,185,790 times
Quote:
Good morning,

For the guys I've known who are interested in foreign women, it's not solely about getting married, it's also about being happy within that marriage. I don't think marrying a foreign woman and bringing her here is a foolproof solution, but it's what these men have determined to be their best option over continuous failure here.

Many average guys I've known are miserable in their marriages.
Only they complain about the full package (as you will see if you read the thread). They don't want to worry about her family back home or the poverty she comes from. Ya know, the reason she's signing up to begin with. They superimpose their delusional nature at home and abroad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
They want bling. They could care less about your personality or what car you have, it's all about them and what car you're going to buy them and how you can make them have bragging rights on girls-night-out. That's how you'll get an American woman that's not already married or is younger than 30. The closer they get to 30 without a man the more open-minded they'll become.
Not all of reality is middle school and the ghetto. Just an FYI for those not in the know.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:34 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,386,223 times
wanderlust, how did you conclude that the women didn't want second dates because of your financial or social status? Could you give me a brief play-by-play, dialogue, somethin?

Old 12-28-2011, 10:35 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,160,393 times
Quote:
Good morning,

It seems as if the women of today don't have the same dating preferences or attitudes of the women in the past, so mothers and aunts don't necessarily fit as examples unless the OP wants to marry a much older woman.

If today's generation were like the mothers, aunts and grandmothers of the past, this thread probably wouldn't exist.

I'm sure many could argue the case that their sisters and cousins are part of the problem, by the way.
So - men want women to be more like the women of past generations? So, men want women to not make the first move, expect all their dates to be paid for, expect the man to open doors for her, expect flowers, not have their own career, stay at home and raise the children, do all the housework or hire a maid, etc.? Is that what men are looking for? Because it seems to me that men these days are complaining that women don't make the first move often enough. It seems to me that they don't want to pay for dates or open doors for women. It seems that they don't want an old fashioned woman. Oh - except when it comes to being subservient. Oh - they want a subservient woman who asks them out and pays for the dates.

So - what I'm getting is that the grass is always greener. All of today's American women are evil - but the past generations were saints - and all foreign women are hot, subservient, and will basically marry anyone who asks them.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:36 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,160,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
As someone that is new here over the past few weeks, I see there's a lot of deep seated hatred (at least in this section) for the entire population of American women
Welcome to the forum! And you are correct! But don't be fooled - we have quite a few great guys on here, too!

Old 12-28-2011, 10:37 AM

2,028 posts, read 1,887,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Women will always, eventually, ultimately wear the pants in any marriage. I think American women are more direct about it, but it's these sneaky, coy, charming, indirect, subtly manipulative types that give me the creepos!

I have worked with Filipino and Mexican women for over 10 years now, and I have seen them "wearing the pants" all too often. Submissive to their spouses? Oh please!

And if you marry a poor one from a 3rd world country, with a large family, one way or another you may very well end up supporting that family as well!
It starts off with baht, peso's, and ascends to nickels, dimes, quarters, dollars and credit cards with high limits!
Very, very good point. Those considering marrying at all, American or foreign woman should take all of these things into consideration.

At the end of the day, if one wanted to be married bad enough, I could see why they would prefer to marry someone who charms their way into wearing the pants with honey instead of vinegar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships