Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2011, 06:37 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtownKeith View Post
Well I did try that a good bit. But eithier the girl looked nothing like her picture or the girls in my selected range did not want a second date. Like I typed earlier the typical American gal's expectations these days are completely unrealistic.
That's what you guys always say. What do you look like (where's the pic), what do you do, and how to do you spend your free time?

Old 12-28-2011, 06:40 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
No those are the guys American women love so they wouldn't need to find a foreign wife. The good guys like me are the ones that need to look elsewhere because American women don't appreciate good guys. I'm decent looking, never married, no kids, not in bad financial shape and still no American woman wants me...all they care about is finding a doctor/lawyer that makes TONS of money so they can brag to their friends and show off their new Coach purse.
From your posts, and that's all I know you by, you're really not one of the good guys.
Look at the attitude you have towards women, all hyperbole.

BTW, many women (just read this board) are not interested in men for their money. We have our own money and don't feel the need to compromise to be in a relationship.
I'm not going to balk at a nice guy who shares interests and goals, but I'm certainly not going to settle for any less.
I don't have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
That's the thing, Vic, is that these men don't have what it takes to be in a relationship. Rather than do anything to improve themselves, their social skills, etc., they'd rather blame all the women of the US for their inadequacies. Buying a wife seems like a viable option because it involves no effort toward personal improvement and growth on their part.
^^^
This, in spades.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:53 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,392,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
That's what you guys always say. What do you look like (where's the pic), what do you do, and how to do you spend your free time?
Yeah, I don't find that American women have unrealistic expectations AT ALL. I find just the opposite. Can't tell you how many female friends I've asked, "Why do you stay with him? Don't you have any self-respect?"

To be fair, women (about as often as men) do place some importance on looks. But I've known plenty of good-looking women to get with a mediocre-looking guy. How you present yourself is more important than your natural physical appearance. Attitude, hygiene, and stability (emotional and financial). Having a place and car of your own, even if they're not super nice. I've never been rich or even close, but I've had myself about 10 steady girlfriends, some of them being pretty high-class by comparison.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:57 AM

25 posts, read 29,038 times
If this guy is taking the easy way out, I wish I could find me a mail-order husband!

I am in the opposite boat- great job, great home, good credit, stable personality, etc...and all the men who try to approach me are...how shall we say...."lacking in the being-an-adult department". They usually have some combination of:

-have EXTREME child support debt (dont take care of their kids),
-back taxes,
-garnishments,
-horrible credit (talking sub- 550 FICO!)
-live with family over 30 years old (I can see if they are helping out and trying to save for something better- but no, straight MOOCHING),
-no job (I can see laid off but not working because they are lazy),
-no car OR license...
-a convicted felon, etc...
-and most of all MAKE EXCUSES as to WHY they cant improve upon any of these issues...then allude to their "SO" helping them out in life- in other words these "men" are out here looking for a free ride and preying on the lonely "beta" females out here!

I have NEVER been one to base someone on strictly looks! I have dated super big yes fat men and super skinny guys, brad pitt lookalikes, seal lookalikes, so yes I AM equal opportunity there. It's what's inside that counts

And for the record, not all of us are "Alpha" females too- you will not find me in the club every night sipping $12 drinks I can't afford or pronounce, you will not find me at the hottest fashion store trying on $1000 dresses and shouting to friends all loud drawing attention, you will not find me gossipping with 20 chicks at the coffee shop drinking $5 lattes even, you will find me at the park or the grocery store or the book store living a quiet, peaceful life. And since I dont put myself out there like that....I am not "alpha" enough for these guys out here.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:09 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times
I have found that men who complain incessantly about women have the same entitled, mean spirited personality. They simply cannot see their own faults so they blame women for "not appreciating good guys".

How about taking a deep look at yourself in the mirror and stop pretending you're so damn nice and such a great catch and just admit you need to work on your personality for awhile.

You aren't attracting nice, normal women because you are not nice nor normal yourself.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:18 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,392,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I have found that men who complain incessantly about women have the same entitled, mean spirited personality. They simply cannot see their own faults so they blame women for "not appreciating good guys".

How about taking a deep look at yourself in the mirror and stop pretending you're so damn nice and such a great catch and just admit you need to work on your personality for awhile.

You aren't attracting nice, normal women because you are not nice nor normal yourself.
Agreed. Ironically, that's what men mean when they call themselves "good guys", that they're "nice". They think they have a good heart and all. But in their search for someone who won't break their heart, they break a few along the way. I say, nice guys wouldn't finish last if equally nice women didn't. I actually heard a cousin of mine, who literally bathes maybe twice a week and does laundry once a month, say "For me to get with a girl, she's gotta be fine". Lol, homeboy's got it figured out!

Old 12-28-2011, 08:21 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Foreign women just want a decent, comfortable life for themselves, and maybe send a little money home to help their relatives live better. Ugly dumpy looking guys with blah personalities do better with the latter.

There are lots of guys like that, but Americans tend to think they don't deserve to have wives.
Did you just call the op an 'ugly dumpy looking guy'?

LOL!!!!!!

So, my friend is getting married. She's HOT, makes about $150k a year, educated...she's marrying a guy who makes about $30k, is decent looking (not hot, but he keeps fit), sweet, thoughtful, manly (firefighter), takes care of stuff around the house...

The guy is not rich. He's not spectacular looking. He's not socially up there on the ladder. He's just sweet, caring, and makes her incredibly happy.

The fact that this is NOT an isolated story makes me think that any guy who can't get a girl cannot blame his finances or looks (and btw, you can CHANGE the way you look)...it's more than likely their personality every single time.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:28 AM

65 posts, read 99,966 times
Quote:
Huh? I'm afraid I don't understand your statement.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:29 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,860 times
Quote:
My husband is a good guy. A good and married guy. You and many others here...that's really questionable. From where I sit, based on your posts in this forum, it's understandable why you are alone. One thing this forum has taught me is that men with nice guy syndrome are anything but nice guys.
Wrong. I treat women very well the problem is American women, their ultra picky dating methods, and their sense of self entitlement. I don't feel the need to prove to myself to a woman over the internet. There is no "syndrome" other than the one a lot of single women in America have. The syndrome that makes them think they deserve a George Clooney look-a-like with an 8 figure bank account.

Besides, you're married. I'm talking about women that are single between 25-35 or so. I'm sure there are plenty of good women in America that are already married....that doesn't do a single guy like me any good. The problem is the ones that aren't taken and are out in the dating pool. They don't care if you might be a good guy that treats them well and won't cheat on them. The vast majority of women I have had first dates with in the last few years wouldn't even give me a second date despite all the good things about me. This was because they were not happy with my social status, the kind of car I drove, or what my job was. You really don't know how women in America are until you try to date them trust me.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:31 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post

Have you been talking to Braunwyn or something? You two are both so wrong it's funny. Like I said in my above post...until you see it from my side, you don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships