Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2011, 10:38 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
The only unrealistic thing I'm seeing in this thread is a bit of self-delusion.

His post is a perfect example. The only difference between him and any other guy making the argument is that we actually have the opportunity to see what the deal is. He doesn't see it as being a big deal, tho. Instead, women simply have too high expectations. It's a matter of perspective. I don't know what your deal is, but it's something. Something you don't think is a big deal, but a turn off to the women you want to date just the same.
You haven't proved anything wrong yet, especially anything I have said, or proved any of your own claims. All you can do is try to call people self-delusional with no evidence to back it up. You have the guy with the DUI post that chimed in for you so you took that and ran with it to try and prove your weak point. I have actual experience dating women...whereas...you have none. I have no DUI's or any sort of background at all, nor do I have any debt. You just flatout ignored my car analogy in regards to the hypothetical Thai woman. I don't blame you though...the analogy and difference cannot be disputed.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:40 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,736,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Welcome to the forum! And you are correct! But don't be fooled - we have quite a few great guys on here, too!

A lot of the stuff I have read repeatedly that they say American women "do" or "want" don't apply to me whatsoever. Well I just lump them all together too b/c I get tired of them doing it to us. The few 'great guys' you speak of are collateral damage

Old 12-28-2011, 10:46 AM

11,800 posts, read 12,040,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Project much? How many women have you dated lately to prove what a guy like me says is wrong? You assume it's the man and not the woman.
What am I projecting? I'm guessing I hit a little too close to your reality.

The truth is that sweeping generalizations will get you nowhere, other than providing you comfort so that you don't have to look at yourself and examine your flaws. I would give the same advice to both men and women, that if you're not having success in relationships, it's very rare that everyone else that is the problem, and never you.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:48 AM

2,028 posts, read 1,889,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
B.S. They do NOT want traditional, old fashioned women.
How are you so sure?

Old 12-28-2011, 10:48 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
A lot of the stuff I have read repeatedly that they say American women "do" or "want" don't apply to me whatsoever. Well I just lump them all together too b/c I get tired of them doing it to us. The few 'great guys' you speak of are collateral damage
My brother married a fantastic woman...so I agree they might not apply to you. Single women are what we're discussing for the most part....and in my case women around 25-35.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:50 AM

2,028 posts, read 1,889,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Only they complain about the full package (as you will see if you read the thread). They don't want to worry about her family back home or the poverty she comes from. Ya know, the reason she's signing up to begin with. They superimpose their delusional nature at home and abroad.
Good morning,

My main point is this scenario is more desirable than continuous failure. Even though I'd never do it, marrying a foreign women is solution-based at its' core.

I don't disagree about the family thing. I also said their solution isn't foolproof. But it is better than sticking with the status quo.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:54 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times
Quote:
You haven't proved anything wrong yet, especially anything I have said, or proved any of your own claims. All you can do is try to call people self-delusional with no evidence to back it up. You have the guy with the DUI post that chimed in for you so you took that and ran with it to try and prove your weak point. I have actual experience dating women...whereas...you have none. I have no DUI's or any sort of background at all, nor do I have any debt. You just flatout ignored my car analogy in regards to a Thai woman.
I don't need to prove anything simply due to statistics. The vast majority of people have relationships. That's all the proof that is needed to show...that...the vast majority of people have relationships. Reiterating this fact is a matter of redundancy to state the obvious. It's irrational for you to state, then, that you being rejected lays on the shoulders of the majority of American women.

Your car analogy is pointless and irrational. Why? Because the only reason this hypothetical Thai woman you'll find flashing her hiney on the net would consider you is for your money. That's it. That's the whole mail order bride thing. That's what it's all about. Your money. You are comparing one money/materialism analogy with another money/materialism analogy. That is nonsense.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:58 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,150,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Did you just call the op an 'ugly dumpy looking guy'?

LOL!!!!!!

So, my friend is getting married. She's HOT, makes about $150k a year, educated...she's marrying a guy who makes about $30k, is decent looking (not hot, but he keeps fit), sweet, thoughtful, manly (firefighter), takes care of stuff around the house...

The guy is not rich. He's not spectacular looking. He's not socially up there on the ladder. He's just sweet, caring, and makes her incredibly happy.

The fact that this is NOT an isolated story makes me think that any guy who can't get a girl cannot blame his finances or looks (and btw, you can CHANGE the way you look)...it's more than likely their personality every single time.
We both know that situation is the exception rather than the rule, I've heard many women say(including many on this forum) they would never "marry down". Now that may be more of a age thing. I do think as women get older they get more desperate and the do "marry down". But to say all women are open to men regardless of their income or how they look as long as they're a "nice guy" is just not honest.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:58 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,736,964 times
Quote:
My brother married a fantastic woman...so I agree they might not apply to you. Single women are what we're discussing for the most part....and in my case women around 25-35.

I am single and in that age group. And I can see that the things you say don't apply to me but I don't beleive they apply to many of the women here. I have not seen one post where the women are saying " I want Coach handbags from my man or else!" etc. Also, what do you consider 'fantastic' about your brother's wife? Just curious.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:59 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
Good morning,

My main point is this scenario is more desirable than continuous failure. Even though I'd never do it, marrying a foreign women is solution-based at its' core.

I don't disagree about the family thing. I also said their solution isn't foolproof. But it is better than sticking with the status quo.
This solution is completely delusional and the rationale is cockamamie. That lack of reason is a turn off. Be clear on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships