Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2011, 03:26 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,803,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
LOL. I am not from Boston so it's all good!

As a matter of fact, I have been lots of research. I want to move to the the South in 2012. Tired of the NE weather. First stop is in Charlotte, NC.
I almost moved to Charlotte earlier this year or a job. Should have gone, but didn't because of my house, which I'm losing money on.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:31 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,803,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
You've made the OP's point for him. American women are often incredibly hard to please, they have to do everything just right or the primadonna won't give him a second chance.

In this culture looks are more valuable than personal qualities or steady friendship. There are many other cultures where it's just not important to women to have a "hot" man, because they realize that there are other more important considerations. And yes, a good job and money are among THEIR desires, it sounds like prostitution but each side is getting their needs fulfilled, and after all marriage has historically been a sort of prostitution since the men were almost always the wage earners.

So it simply comes down to different cultural values between American and foreign women. American women want either a hot guy, a guy high on the social scale, or a guy who can play them like a violin with great confidence.
Foreign women just want a decent, comfortable life for themselves, and maybe send a little money home to help their relatives live better. Ugly dumpy looking guys with blah personalities do better with the latter.

There are lots of guys like that, but Americans tend to think they don't deserve to have wives.
Yep, you nailed it. Absolutely nailed it.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:54 PM

44,258 posts, read 64,482,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
You're a man and you refer to other men as Hot? Are you sure you're not batting for the other team?
No and yes. I am a woman who usually bats for the other team.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:58 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,154,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
While the desired outcome may not be the same, the similarity lies in that the filtering out process is done by a professional and efficient service. Where you can specify exactly what you require and remove hassle and guesswork.

This sounds like ordering an appliance or something....
It's so cold and detached, it revolts me.

I guess people think they can really buy love. That's essentially what this is, after all.

I suggest the OP buy a personality first; then love may come as a bonus on its own.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:12 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,868,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof
You've made the OP's point for him. American women are often incredibly hard to please, they have to do everything just right or the primadonna won't give him a second chance.

In this culture looks are more valuable than personal qualities or steady friendship. There are many other cultures where it's just not important to women to have a "hot" man, because they realize that there are other more important considerations. And yes, a good job and money are among THEIR desires, it sounds like prostitution but each side is getting their needs fulfilled, and after all marriage has historically been a sort of prostitution since the men were almost always the wage earners.

So it simply comes down to different cultural values between American and foreign women. American women want either a hot guy, a guy high on the social scale, or a guy who can play them like a violin with great confidence.
Foreign women just want a decent, comfortable life for themselves, and maybe send a little money home to help their relatives live better. Ugly dumpy looking guys with blah personalities do better with the latter.

There are lots of guys like that, but Americans tend to think they don't deserve to have wives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Yep, you nailed it. Absolutely nailed it.
There were times where I knew a few guys who were considered "losers" who people would say, "Aww, I'm sure he'll find love" and when they did it turned to "OMG she's too good for him!"

Seriously, T.F. ?

Old 12-27-2011, 04:29 PM

11,823 posts, read 12,072,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
I was more drawing a parallel between some women who get a sperm donor and some men who obtain a mail order bride. While the desired outcome may not be the same, the similarity lies in that the filtering out process is done by a professional and efficient service. Where you can specify exactly what you require and remove hassle and guesswork.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
This sounds like ordering an appliance or something....
It's so cold and detached, it revolts me.

I guess people think they can really buy love. That's essentially what this is, after all.

I suggest the OP buy a personality first; then love may come as a bonus on its own.
I agree with orangeapple. What exactly are you "removing the hassle and guesswork" of? Choosing someone based on age and appearance is pretty much it. All the real qualities that form a person's character, personality, moral code, ethics, compatibility, you can't select that off the internet. There are absolutely zero guarantees.

I also am amazed at the negative references, in this thread, to "western women". Pretty sure your mothers are just that, your sisters, aunts, cousins. It's not millions of "western women" that are the problem, it's you. What you put out into the universe comes back to you, so if you're not having success, you need to change your approach. But buying a wife online isn't going to bring you the happiness you think you're entitled to, if you don't even know how to have a relationship in the first place.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:31 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,811,445 times
Mail order brides are a thing of the past some of you people are still stuck in the 60's or something. Everything can be done on the internet you can talk to a woman overseas for a whole year before you even meet her. My friend married a woman from another country and that's what they did at first. I possibly will still do the same thing since I refuse to settle for someone I'm not attracted to...and all the American women I'm attracted to are taken, still in their very early 20's and consider me too old, or expect a guy to make a TON of money (many of the single ones around 30). I don't make as much money as the op makes so imagine how much trouble a guy like me has. American women have become way too picky they all think they deserve George Clooney with an 8 figure bank account. I think television is partially to blame...and lot's of bad dating advice from friends, relatives, movies, tv, etc.

Last edited by wanderlust76; 12-27-2011 at 04:41 PM..

Old 12-27-2011, 04:50 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,164,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I agree with orangeapple. What exactly are you "removing the hassle and guesswork" of? Choosing someone based on age and appearance is pretty much it. All the real qualities that form a person's character, personality, moral code, ethics, compatibility, you can't select that off the internet. There are absolutely zero guarantees.

I also am amazed at the negative references, in this thread, to "western women". Pretty sure your mothers are just that, your sisters, aunts, cousins. It's not millions of "western women" that are the problem, it's you. What you put out into the universe comes back to you, so if you're not having success, you need to change your approach. But buying a wife online isn't going to bring you the happiness you think you're entitled to, if you don't even know how to have a relationship in the first place.
You make me want to get a mail order bride just buy listening to you nag about men who get mail order brides.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:56 PM

2,633 posts, read 4,062,054 times
I don't know where you all live, but I see plenty of American guys with so-so/average/regular jobs...with American wives.

Not every women in America ascribes to the ideals you see in Hollywood, Manhattan, or Sex and the City.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:57 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,402,721 times
Depending on your intentions, "buying" a bride isn't necessarily wrong.
Depending on the bride's intentions, "buying" her might be foolish though...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships