Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: So women...what is the thing that matters the most when dating a man?
his personality 27 37.50%
his looks 2 2.78%
the kind of job he has 2 2.78%
his sense of humor 6 8.33%
his education 1 1.39%
the kind of car he drives 1 1.39%
the kind of friends and family he has 1 1.39%
his hygiene 2 2.78%
the amount of money he has 10 13.89%
his manners 2 2.78%
his background 2 2.78%
his health 1 1.39%
his intelligence 4 5.56%
his religion 0 0%
other 11 15.28%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 08:55 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,957,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Yeah, seriously! I didn't even vote! Maybe I'll vote for sense of humor - but honestly, a sense of humor alone isn't going to cut it. Then again, for me, lack of a sense of humor would pretty much rule a guy out. So would lack of intelligence.

Money comes and money goes. Money doesn't have anything to do with love in my book.
Sense of humor? What's that??

...and how come size of slonger isn't up there. Isn't that important ladies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 10:47 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,895,987 times
morals

Old 12-30-2011, 10:52 PM

61,736 posts, read 87,172,581 times
No multiple choices??

If only one choice then I would say: his intelligence and hope that would take care of most other things

Old 12-31-2011, 12:33 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,407,210 times
Since there was no multiple choice, I had to pick intelligence. Cannot deal with a dumb*ss. Looks can be improved upon. Family you can't help. Hygiene should be a given. The guys who I've known who have the same intellectual level as I, have also had the same sense of humor. I still go with intelligence.

Old 12-31-2011, 12:53 AM

495 posts, read 684,837 times
Of course its money.Money is the mesure of ambition and talent and sometimes luck.Women always say they want a man with drive, passion and ambition, code for at least middle class income.How many homeless men are finding dates out there.How many unemployed men(that aren't jerks,badboys or thugs) are finding dates out there.Men with low income jobs know they have a tough sell on their hands.Why do you think men 'go after the money'.Do you think we enjoy working 70+ hours a week.Why would anyone WANT to be a CEO, an underwater welder, a crab fisherman.......The money.If most men could get dates making 7.25 an hr we would gladly have women do those jobs.

Old 12-31-2011, 01:11 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader44 View Post
Of course its money.Money is the mesure of ambition and talent and sometimes luck.Women always say they want a man with drive, passion and ambition, code for at least middle class income.How many homeless men are finding dates out there.How many unemployed men(that aren't jerks,badboys or thugs) are finding dates out there.Men with low income jobs know they have a tough sell on their hands.Why do you think men 'go after the money'.Do you think we enjoy working 70+ hours a week.Why would anyone WANT to be a CEO, an underwater welder, a crab fisherman.......The money.If most men could get dates making 7.25 an hr we would gladly have women do those jobs.
I feel really sorry for guys like you, as you are your own worst enemies.

Believe it or not, MOST crab fishermen think they have the greatest job in the world and wouldn't want to do anything else.

Ditto the underwater welders and CEO's.

To bad you never learned the life lesson that if you do what you love and have a passion for, the money will either just find you or you'll enjoy what you do SO much that if it doesn't, you won't care - and neither will the woman who truly loves you.

Old 12-31-2011, 01:51 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,174,703 times
I chose other.... Thats my way of choosing "Multiple choices"

Honestly..It cannot be broken down to one specific thing..
For I.E.
One goes for height: Okay you are dating a tall guy he can still be lacking in other areas that are equally as important..
One goes for looks? Okay, great but let say this guy is a muscle head whose vocab is very limited and topic of convo revolve around his work out routine and this is it?? eeek...
Let say he is loaded, financially stble is not the term because he is so well off but he is a complete ass?
Even "Intelligence" has it's downfall, say this guy is uber smart but lacks social skills? Not going to work either..

I would be more inclined to say "Chemistry" I say this because often times you end up vibing with someone that is not a cookie cutter mold of what you think is your ultimate guy but for some reason there are so many other attributes that lure you in...
Sometimes a man can be better looking to you if everything else is present..intelligent yet congenial, funny, comfortable with himself, a go getter, kind, thoughtful and ect ect....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
What matters is what they really go for not what they say. Go with facts not what they say.
WOW...this type of study would take years to compile and to add many different types if women from every socio-economic back ground, ethnicity, culture, a breakdown of morals, values, childhood rearing, level of education and so forth..
Good luck with the FHM, MAXIM, Mens Fitness articles that think hey know it all and have it down to a science...
Get back to me and tell me how it's working for you..

Old 12-31-2011, 01:58 AM

1 posts, read 910 times
It's the sizzle! Someone else called it "chemistry" - you just have to have "that" feeling when you're with the other person - otherwise, the other great traits really don't matter. You'll know the sizzle when it stings you!

Old 12-31-2011, 02:10 AM

495 posts, read 684,837 times
What a crock of crap lovesmountains.Sorry I don't live in your fantasy world of "do what you love and the money will follow". If it was that simple everyone in america would have their dream job, lol.I guess I will take YOUR work on the all the ceos, underwater welders and crabfishermen.

Old 12-31-2011, 05:07 AM

234 posts, read 882,999 times
for me it depends if he is a good person and if he is a christian and what he wants out of life his education.
I would love to marry a teacher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships