Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: So women...what is the thing that matters the most when dating a man?
his personality 27 37.50%
his looks 2 2.78%
the kind of job he has 2 2.78%
his sense of humor 6 8.33%
his education 1 1.39%
the kind of car he drives 1 1.39%
the kind of friends and family he has 1 1.39%
his hygiene 2 2.78%
the amount of money he has 10 13.89%
his manners 2 2.78%
his background 2 2.78%
his health 1 1.39%
his intelligence 4 5.56%
his religion 0 0%
other 11 15.28%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 08:37 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Good for you!

That's the way most women are. Women need to be sexually attracted to you to get romantically involved. And most of that sexual attraction is generated by a man's natural looks and whatever other qualities can trigger her emotional sense of attraction.

Don't ever try and bring common sense and practicality into it. Women will not settle for someone they feel no physical or emotional attraction for if they don't have to. And if they do settle, they're a risk to cheat when emotionally compromised by another man.

Just for the record, my mentality is very similar to yours.
I can only speak for myself - but initial looks mean nothing to me. Only upon getting to know someone can I speak of their looks. Experience has taught me that someone I wouldn't have looked twice at may become the most gorgeous person in the world once I get to know them - and someone that turns head might become extremely unattractive based on their personality. For me - sexual attraction grows out of who a person is - not just what they look like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 08:43 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,633,582 times
Pulse.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:12 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,100,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I can only speak for myself - but initial looks mean nothing to me. Only upon getting to know someone can I speak of their looks. Experience has taught me that someone I wouldn't have looked twice at may become the most gorgeous person in the world once I get to know them - and someone that turns head might become extremely unattractive based on their personality. For me - sexual attraction grows out of who a person is - not just what they look like.
Wow. Not every day you hear something like that. Cool.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:31 PM

495 posts, read 684,837 times
Spot on Greenpapyas. Thats why average and below average looking men need to worry about their income level.Or they need to take on some persona or join a band.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:36 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,281,206 times
Interesting how women are saying money is not important at all but then again you see threads here and there where women express how irritating it is for a man to not pay for her expenses, use coupons, not have a car, live with the parents, not have a job, etc.

Last edited by onihC; 01-03-2012 at 01:04 PM..

Old 01-03-2012, 12:49 PM

499 posts, read 892,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I'm sorry this makes no sense to me :-/ So if he has a good sense of humor you'll date him until you realize his actual personality sucks?
aren't we dating to know each other?
of course if his personality sucks, i can know this without dating so i don't date him. but i assumed that his personality is not "obviously bad" so i date him, right? of course personality comes first, but in the first date i can't say "ohhh he's such a good person". but i can say "ohh he's sooo funny.". do you understand me now?

it's like this situation:

personality is much more important than his look
but we can start to feel something to a person who we didn't meet before, just because he's good looking. but then we can see that he's not a good person, so everything is over.

i don't think what i'm saying is nonsensible but it may be because of my English.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Interesting how women are saying money is not important at all but then again you see threads here and there where women express how irritating it is for a man to not pay for their expenses, use coupons, not have a car, live with the parents, not have a job, etc.
Look at it this way - many women are able to overlook many things if the guy has an awesome personality. However - a rich jerk is only going to get a gold digger because most women would not put up with him. This thread was about what was most important - not about everything that is important. Now, personally, I could really care less about money. As my husband says - money comes and money goes. But even if someone did care about money - they still might care about someone's personality more.

Just FYI - the guy you are describing - using coupons (on a first date - that was what the thread was about that you always refer to), not paying for anything on dates, not having a car (presuming you live in a city where one is necessary - living in NYC, none of my friends had cars), living with your parents, and not having a job - well, he isn't exactly a catch! I mean - even you can see that - right?

Old 01-03-2012, 01:10 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,281,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Look at it this way - many women are able to overlook many things if the guy has an awesome personality
That’s right. Same way a man may overlook a woman’s appearance if she’s nice to be with. But many women not even give a guy a chance if they start going out and notice that the guy doesn’t own a car, does not have a job, does not have money, lives with the parents, used coupons, etc.

Quote:
I could really care less about money
Same here. I can care less about appearance. Heck, I even had a relationship with a physically challenged girl.

Quote:
Just FYI - the guy you are describing - using coupons (on a first date - that was what the thread was about that you always refer to), not paying for anything on dates, not having a car (presuming you live in a city where one is necessary - living in NYC, none of my friends had cars), living with your parents, and not having a job - well, he isn't exactly a catch!
A MAN like that won’t be a good catch, you’re right. A man like that does not have money, therefore, it is an important characteristic for women when it comes to dating, relationships, etc. Denying it or ignoring it would be like men saying that a woman's looks have no importance whatsoever when it comes to relationships.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post

A MAN like that won’t be a good catch, you’re right. A man like that does not have money, therefore, it is an important characteristic for women when it comes to dating, relationships, etc. Denying it or ignoring it would be like men saying that a woman's looks have no importance whatsoever when it comes to relationships.
A woman that used coupons on a first date or didn't contribute at all to the dates, lived with her parents, didn't have a job, and didn't have a car in a city that you needed one in wouldn't exactly be a good catch either! I wasn't implying that he wasn't a good catch because he was a man - honestly! Would you date a 30 year old woman with out a job who lived with her parents, didn't have a car and didn't contribute anything to a date except for a coupon? Any of these one things by themselves is fine - but put them all together like that and you've got one undesirable person - regardless of gender!

Old 01-03-2012, 10:06 PM

495 posts, read 684,837 times
I disagree Dewdrop93. If a women used coupons on a first date or did not contribute any money,did not have a car or job and lived with her parents but was very nice,fun to be with and the man is attracted to her, she would indeed be a very good catch for a TON of men out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships