Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: So women...what is the thing that matters the most when dating a man?
his personality 27 37.50%
his looks 2 2.78%
the kind of job he has 2 2.78%
his sense of humor 6 8.33%
his education 1 1.39%
the kind of car he drives 1 1.39%
the kind of friends and family he has 1 1.39%
his hygiene 2 2.78%
the amount of money he has 10 13.89%
his manners 2 2.78%
his background 2 2.78%
his health 1 1.39%
his intelligence 4 5.56%
his religion 0 0%
other 11 15.28%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-01-2012, 06:57 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times

Advertisements

I'm keyed in to the amount of maintenance he requires. High maintenance is a no-go for me. The last couple of guys I dated were fussy and, while at first I thought it was ok, it wore on me.

I want low maintenance, then I'll go from there.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 06:38 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,083,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Op, I wish it was an open poll. I'd like to see which two guys voted for the money option.
LMFAO! I was thinking the exact same thing.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Exactly. But then again, a man posted the poll, he probably has a hidden agenda.

"oh look, women all want a man with money"
That's exactly what they're doing, so they can chime in on some other asinine thread "see b*****es! you only care about money! I can't find an American woman! I'm going to get me a foreign bride because you b*****es here just want MONEY!"

Old 01-02-2012, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
I'm so sick and tired of hearing this chemistry stuff. Please tell me what you're referring to. If you mean getting along with the person, I can see that. If you mean feeling relaxed around the person, I can see that. But if it's you get butterflies in your stomach, what makes you get those butterflies?
Sorry, but if you have to ask "what is chemistry?" between two people, then you've never experienced it.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:15 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,097,759 times
This poll needs to have looks eliminated from it and then be reissued with an asterisk.

*For men and women, ancillary traits such as the ones listed above are inconsequential if there is no physical attraction. Therefore, by default, looks are always the most important trait for the vast majority of people.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:11 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Chemistry is the #1 most important thing.

If that exists, THEN you look at what else he has to offer, though most want a combination package of attributes, not any one other thing.
this

Old 01-02-2012, 12:32 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
This poll needs to have looks eliminated from it and then be reissued with an asterisk.

*For men and women, ancillary traits such as the ones listed above are inconsequential if there is no physical attraction. Therefore, by default, looks are always the most important trait for the vast majority of people.
Ah, but physical attraction can come after ancillary traits are discovered. I had a huge 'crush', if you will, on a man who wouldnt necessarily be called attractive by most standards. He was very overweight, bald and on the shorter side, but the more I got to know him and his incredible sense of humor the more physically attractive I found him. He really grew on me

Old 01-02-2012, 01:01 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,725,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Sorry, but if you have to ask "what is chemistry?" between two people, then you've never experienced it.
I may not have experienced the chemistry you speak but then again I'm more of a practical guy. For me it's really simple: If I want to have sex with you, find that you're a nice woman and not a condensing b*tch, that you're smart and caring, that you're striving to be better, that you have aspirations, that you have faith of some kind, and that you like me, well then that's all that I need to know. All of those things are tangible for me.

I don't get butterflies in my stomach nor do I get some mysterious feeling throughout my body that tells me she is the one. I just look for certain qualities and traits that have known to be useful for developing and having successful relationships that aren't just based on the thrill of the moment or some fleeting feeling that comes and goes with the challenges we encounter in life. When the thrill/chemistry goes away at some point you'll need something that sustains the relationship; for me that is a woman that has admiration, respect and awe for me.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:55 PM

474 posts, read 495,845 times
1) Looks matter the most, and looks includes height, face, skin tone, eyes, etc etc. If you got the right looks, trust me you are in, you just need to have a reasonable personality and women will be all over you.

2) Race/background: Some races are more preferred than others and this is no secret even if people deny it. So if you belong to a race that is less preferred, you have to compensate for it by looking taller, better, more handsome, spend more money, have a high end luxury car, have a house, etc etc.

3) Personality: If you are very good looking and have an average job you are already in as long as you have an okay personality. If you are not that great looking and still have a great job and lots of money, your personality would be compensated for. However if you aren't really rich, don't drive a great car and work in a job that pays average, you have to be literally a PUA to win over a woman with just your personality. You would still face 100s of rejections compared to that handsome looking guy across the room with no personality, but you would find someone sensible enough to give you a shot based on your personality.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:25 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,097,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Ah, but physical attraction can come after ancillary traits are discovered. I had a huge 'crush', if you will, on a man who wouldnt necessarily be called attractive by most standards. He was very overweight, bald and on the shorter side, but the more I got to know him and his incredible sense of humor the more physically attractive I found him. He really grew on me
Good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
I may not have experienced the chemistry you speak but then again I'm more of a practical guy. For me it's really simple: If I want to have sex with you, find that you're a nice woman and not a condensing b*tch, that you're smart and caring, that you're striving to be better, that you have aspirations, that you have faith of some kind, and that you like me, well then that's all that I need to know. All of those things are tangible for me.

I don't get butterflies in my stomach nor do I get some mysterious feeling throughout my body that tells me she is the one. I just look for certain qualities and traits that have known to be useful for developing and having successful relationships that aren't just based on the thrill of the moment or some fleeting feeling that comes and goes with the challenges we encounter in life. When the thrill/chemistry goes away at some point you'll need something that sustains the relationship; for me that is a woman that has admiration, respect and awe for me.
That's the way most women are. Women need to be sexually attracted to you to get romantically involved. And most of that sexual attraction is generated by a man's natural looks and whatever other qualities can trigger her emotional sense of attraction.

Don't ever try and bring common sense and practicality into it. Women will not settle for someone they feel no physical or emotional attraction for if they don't have to. And if they do settle, they're a risk to cheat when emotionally compromised by another man.

Just for the record, my mentality is very similar to yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships