Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 10:22 PM

11,371 posts, read 9,286,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nm1a View Post
OMG - I need to straighten you out brother.

I work with and have tons of male friends who have no kids and don't want any little turds draining their wallets, ruining their lives and marriage.
These guys range from 24-55.

Its 2012- you should be commended for not overpopulating the planet. The days of you find a woman, have a kid and white picket fence nonsense are OVER!
Thats why this country is collapsed, the suburban ideal and single mothers creating criminals.
Most men have children who treat them quite awful and leave them to die in old age homes.

Second - my GOd man - you are doing great.
Only a loser, spineless wimp who is a failure in life gets involved with a single mother with kids.
Avoid any woman with a kid!!!!
Start listenging to Tom Leykis on youtube (he will be back on the air soon)

You are doing great, have fun, bang as many broads as possible.

Ignore all the skanks, hags and female slobs on this site who say otherwise.
Women who insult you on this site are creeps to begin with angry at men for not giving them the time of day. Ignore them.
They are some good ones, but there seems to be many angry beasts here.

Look up man, you are a catch. Many women would kill for a guy your age with a great career and no BS baggage. I know so many guys who are digusted by their wife and kids and wish for the days of being single.

Find a fit, hot, athletic, childfree lady with a career, hobbies and life to date.
They are out there- you may need to move
Avoid the hags and hogs ,especially the slobs with kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
My advice to all men
I agree with some of your points but not the bolded ones. It is apparent you are being way to harsh on single mothers. I think they deserve love too and many of them have it rough.

I'm ignoring your advice and will keep an open mind to dating one. I can always back out if I find out there is too much drama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
What about my job? I am 'at will' employment.
Most of us are, unless one is lucky enough to work for the government.

Just be yourself, hold your head up and continue to live an honest life. You are entitled to live the life you want to live. I don't see how that will interfere with your employment.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:37 PM

19,779 posts, read 22,673,762 times
Quote:
I don't give a rats a** either but at work there are rules and one mistake can cost you your job. Freedom is speech is not free and does not apply everywhere,

I enjoy dry sarcasm.
I've never had a job where one mistake, especially with regards to speech, would cost me my job.

That is of course not the case if I were to tell the chairman of the board to kiss my a*s or something like that.. Then, well, yeah I'd be sh*tcanned in a hurry.

But normally? One 'mistake'? Man- I'd find another job!

Old 02-27-2012, 10:40 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,508,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Are you so afraid of losing your job that you will allow others to walk all over you and treat you rudely??

I cannot imagine any boss would get rid of an employee who just politely informed others that they didn't wish to discuss their personal life

Don't you get it? The questions they are asking you are what is rude. Not wanting to answer is NOT rude.
Have you checked the unemployment rate? Do you know how people are desperate to find a job?

I understand what you are trying to say but better safe then sorry right?

Old 02-27-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Most of us are, unless one is lucky enough to work for the government.

Just be yourself, hold your head up and continue to live an honest life. You are entitled to live the life you want to live. I don't see how that will interfere with your employment.
So Gov't jobs are safer? You mean the ones that is ran by the Union?

Old 02-27-2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
I've never had a job where one mistake, especially with regards to speech, would cost me my job.

That is of course not the case if I were to tell the chairman of the board to kiss my a*s or something like that.. Then, well, yeah I'd be sh*tcanned in a hurry.

But normally? One 'mistake'? Man- I'd find another job!
That monday night football guy singer got fired because of what he said.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:43 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Have you checked the unemployment rate? Do you know how people are desperate to find a job?

I understand what you are trying to say but better safe then sorry right?
No, not always, especially when you are only playing it safe to avoid having to stand up to people who bully you or treat you rudely.

Sorry, but it does sound like that is what you are doing.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:44 PM

Quote:
So Gov't jobs are safer? You mean the ones that is ran by the Union?
Yes, a lot safer.

I spent many years as a government contractor and I know this fact first hand.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:45 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
That monday night football guy singer got fired because of what he said.
Apples and oranges -

BIG DIFFERENCE between what Hank Williams, Jr said to the whole world on tv and in you just telling folks you don't want to talk about your personal life.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:47 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
You know, it might feel like you'd lose your job and that you're being too confrontational but you really can't let people walk over you. You'll get MORE respect from people if you set boundaries with how you're treated.

I have a buddy of mine who takes even less sh*t than I do, and the things he says he does makes me drop my jaw sometimes, but one thing I do know is that he is not messed with at work by anybody. When he first started his job, he was taken advantage of big time by his managers and he said to me that he wasn't going to take it anymore. He took the manager aside and told him that he felt he was being treated unfairly and the he should stop or he will go to HR. The manager didn't stop and he went to HR, that manager stopped messing with him.

He is a host and in college, and relies on his job just as much as anyone else relies on their job. One little anecdote is that one of his co-workers came to him and yelled at him for something that was out of his control.. so as a host he did not give her one party bigger than 2 people the entire night. All of the other employees laughed and said they would do the same thing. That girl did not yell at him again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships