Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 11:54 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Just my 2 cents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Not at all. They are easy to date. But also easy to dump ASAP when their "issue" arise.

I always tell dudes who just got out of bad relationships, or are in dry spells to focus on chicks with self esteem issues. They can usually be found in bookstores in the "self help" or "new age" sections looking for "answers" to whatever "issues" they are facing. They are prime targets for dating. An added bonus is that crazy women are almost always great in bed.
You missed one Dewdrop. Do you tell them to go for the fatties Lao?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 11:55 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
Not at all. They are easy to date. But also easy to dump ASAP when their "issue" arise.

I always tell dudes who just got out of bad relationships, or are in dry spells to focus on chicks with self esteem issues. They can usually be found in bookstores in the "self help" or "new age" sections looking for "answers" to whatever "issues" they are facing. They are prime targets for dating. An added bonus is that crazy women are almost always great in bed.
This is why you're one of the Axis of Evil charter members, Lao. Well done.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:55 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
See what I mean........................?

Maybe he is telling you you're cute, or whatever......because he actually believes that. But I know all men are liars........
Well, at least you admit it! Hahaha! Just kidding!

Old 03-28-2012, 11:57 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
You folks can go on and on about this topic but this here ^^^^ is the absolute truth.
Yeah, but you sure as hell don't want them to know where you live, unless you just like walking out of your apartment and finding your car keyed.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:58 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
See what I mean........................?

Maybe he is telling you you're cute, or whatever......because he actually believes that. But I know all men are liars........
Most of what they says to a single woman is motivated by their sex drive, period. But my point, lucario, was that this idea that these women have to beg people to tell them constantly over and over again that they are 'worthy' and 'beautiful' IMO is false. I think the people that say this, do it to boost their own self importance in those people's lives and in general.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:59 AM

1,338 posts, read 2,025,477 times
Quote:
You folks can go on and on about this topic but this here ^^^^ is the absolute truth.
It pretty much is. At the end of the day, guys date girls who say the magic word "Yes". I mean let's face it, girls that are full of confience think they're pretty awesome and generally say No. Slightly insecure girls say Yes more often. I don't even mean this in a sexual way, it's just that they're easier to actually meet, date, and move forward with than some girl who thinks she's the greatest thing alive cause her parents and friends told her that she's this special little snowflake.

In a bar/club scenario, most guys, when confronted with two girls, would hit on the less hot one (assuming she was still decent) because that's generally the friendlier, more outgoing one, and the one that's most likely to say yes to conversation and more.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:00 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,390,974 times
Quote:
Women don't date men who have low self-esteem or aren't fully confident in themselves. It wouldn't even be up for debate.
Come on... do you really believe this? There are hundreds of millions of men in the world who have low self-esteem. Are all these men living alone, never having had a date? Of course not. Most of them date and get married. They aren't all living in some small box, never going outside, celibate and lonely.

And how many men do you know who are "fully confident in themselves?" Very few are. Just peruse this Forum!

Old 03-28-2012, 12:02 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
Come on... do you really believe this? There are hundreds of millions of men in the world who have low self-esteem. Are all these men living alone, never having had a date? Of course not. Most of them date and get married. They aren't all living in some small box, never going outside, celibate and lonely.

And how many men do you know who are "fully confident in themselves?" Very few are. Just peruse this Forum!
Yeah. But the ones who don't have it are starting silly-ass posts such as "I've been FriendZoned Again!" or "Should I Have Kissed Her By The Tenth Date?" or "Why Can't I Get A Date On Saturday Night?"

Old 03-28-2012, 12:05 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
It pretty much is. At the end of the day, guys date girls who say the magic word "Yes". I mean let's face it, girls that are full of confience think they're pretty awesome and generally say No. Slightly insecure girls say Yes more often. I don't even mean this in a sexual way, it's just that they're easier to actually meet, date, and move forward with than some girl who thinks she's the greatest thing alive cause her parents and friends told her that she's this special little snowflake.

In a bar/club scenario, most guys, when confronted with two girls, would hit on the less hot one (assuming she was still decent) because that's generally the friendlier, more outgoing one, and the one that's most likely to say yes to conversation and more.
what's ironic is that says a lot about you, that you feel you're not good enough to get the girl who feels worthwhile about herself so have to resort to going after a girl b/c she's not the best catch or whatever. So then as Lao said, it's easier to dump her when you're finished....

And they hit on the less hot one b/c they think she is easier to get in bed -- not b/c they think she is full of conversation and an overall decent human being. Be for real here.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:05 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Most of what they says to a single woman is motivated by their sex drive, period.
Assuming this is true, and it is, at least partially - what is wrong with that? Men and women have sex drives, and the sex drives are what motivate them, at least on the most basic, animal level, to seek relationships with each other. Again, what is so bad about that?

Quote:
But my point, lucario, was that this idea that these women have to beg people to tell them constantly over and over again that they are 'worthy' and 'beautiful' IMO is false.
What's false about it? I know lots of women who are like this. Or, as I've said, I have, on a limited basis, complimented women, and they discount it because they don't believe it's true (or they don't think much of me or my opinion).

Quote:
I think the people that say this, do it to boost their own self importance in those people's lives and in general.
I find that hard to believe........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships