Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2012, 08:54 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,655,412 times

Advertisements

yes!

Old 05-07-2012, 08:54 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
Guys are such poor suckers sometimes. What in the world is a 90 day rule? You shower girls with gifts, try to impress them by taking them to expensive places, buy them unnecessary gifts....and end up with blue balls for 3 months? Lord, have mercy. Sounds like a pretty raw deal.

Guys trying to buy sex this way, come accross as manipulative and creepy to most women. You give up all your power in the relationship, before it even starts. Stop putting vagina on a pedestal, and realize that women love sex just as much as men. If you cant get it for 90 days, its all on you.
Exactly...maybe that's why American women are so threatened by prostitution, because a lot of them are basically prostitutes by another name. If prostitution became more acceptable, like in Europe, GASP, they might actually have to start acting like adults, instead of spoiled 9 year old children!

European women are generally more advanced in this regard. There's more true equality between the sexes there, at least in Western Europe.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:55 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
Since the "dates" are going to be Dutch, then the sex should be too.
This is hilarious! Should it be a new rule?

Old 05-07-2012, 08:57 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Hmm...the economy might be doing badly....but I still do not need to trade my body and have sex for food.

BTW....I have had sex with men who spent NO money on me...just for fun. As a matter of fact....I have dated men, and paid for everything....including vacations....cruises...airfare....

Tired of these sexist threads....some women take men out...for fun. I don't judge a man based on his SES.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Hmm...the economy might be doing badly....but I still do not need to trade my body and have sex for food.

BTW....I have had sex with men who spent NO money on me...just for fun. As a matter of fact....I have dated men, and paid for everything....including vacations....cruises...airfare....

Tired of these sexist threads....some women take men out...for fun. I don't judge a man based on his SES.
Exactly, I'm sick of hearing about this too...because it's not the real world I know, at least where I live. Maybe it is for some of the population, but it certainly doesn't apply to everyone.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:58 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesthebass View Post
This whole thread has been cracking me up.

For starters, where the hell did this "90 day rule" come from? I've never heard of it. Things happen when they happen.
It is popular with relationship gurus. Mentioned in the "Think Like a Man" book and also by Patti Stanger on Millionaire MAtchmaker. It is pretty common. And it was in the other book that came out in the 90s that was really popular but I don't recall the name right now.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:59 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesthebass View Post
Well, I understood it was about sex, but I've never come across a woman who had a three month rule about no sex. Granted, I couldn't care less about when we get around to having sex or not, but to have a rule about it is pretty funny.

really? I knew 2 women personally. But I thought it was a little more 'common' I guess it is not. I know some of you say it's funny to have a rule but I don't understand why you think that?

and I'm not going to comment on: "I couldn't care less ...when we get around to having sex."

Old 05-07-2012, 09:00 PM

688 posts, read 897,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I have been married, to the man who didnt cover the.dinner check when we dated. I was the bread winner, i bought the house and got screwed on the divorce. I LOST EVERYTHING, and he skated. Six years later, I AM STILL CLEANING UP THE DEBTS HE INCURRED.

I will never date a man who does not pay for dinner again.
The funny thing is that what I think about when I read about your attitude towards the subject is that if I ever were to marry this person, her money would be her money and my money would be her money.

The door swings both ways.

Sorry about your divorce and the hardships that incurred throughout, but you should treat it as a learning experience and take a few more precautions the next time you marry, rather than be bitter about it.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:03 PM

688 posts, read 897,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
really? I knew 2 women personally. But I thought it was 'common' I guess it is not. I know some of you say it's funny to have a rule but I don't understand why you think that?

and I'm not going to comment on: "I couldn't care less ...when we get around to having sex."
Because why would you set a date of restriction? It's like there's a sexual law. Can the contract be breached at will by the woman? That whole thing just doesn't make sense.

But anyway, you know damn well I couldn't care less. I've told you plenty of times. It'll happen when it happens.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
really? I knew 2 women personally. But I thought it was 'common' I guess it is not. I know some of you say it's funny to have a rule but I don't understand why you think that?

Sounds peculiar for this day and age, I admit, it probably depends on where you live. If a woman makes you wait that long, she's probably making you wait until marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships