Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 01:27 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times

Advertisements

The OP is pretty much getting her azz handed to her. I'm surprised someone would post such a question and not expect to get nailed.......

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 01:50 PM

3,983 posts, read 5,015,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The OP is pretty much getting her azz handed to her. I'm surprised someone would post such a question and not expect to get nailed.......

I wonder if that's why she hasn't come back...it's hard for me to believe she got a dose of smarts on this one. I'm really hoping she does though. I mean, her husband is WORKING...I realize we don't have the whole story, but it doesn't appear that he's done anything to even make her mad. Just being away from her is enough for her to consider this...I'm truly amazed by people sometimes. My husband asks me why people still shock me but dang, they sure do!!

Old 05-18-2012, 01:59 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,152,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Not yet, I'm still a little "chicken" I'm thinking and usually my "I know better" kicks in.

Not yet! You know you are going to cheat and so do the rest of us. Why don't you do your husband a favor and divorce him now. You sound like a real winner. Glad, your not my gf..It's posts like these that make me glad I have what I have. And I'm not even married!

Good grief women, who are you kidding? Did you think we were all going to co-sign your "right" to cheat? It's women like you who give "good women" a bad name. And trust me, there not all like you. So your husband works alot to support the family. Did it ever occur to you, to be grateful you have a husband who is willing to sacrifice his time like that? Have you ever heard of "communication".

Let me ask other readers this, is the world really this SELFISH? We really do live in a ME, ME, ME, ME world. Very sad post.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:07 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,847,102 times
Is the OP fake?

If not, it's pretty funny. Not "ha-ha" funny more like "people are ridiculous" funny.

I hope her husband finds this thread in her internet history and brings it with him to court so she can't take him to the cleaners.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:12 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
An interesting topic. If you just think about being with someone else, is that cheating?

Old 05-18-2012, 02:13 PM

26 posts, read 21,003 times
Default I just have to say to ALL OF YOU...

I have a thread that some of your followers have commented on. Although they do make some valid points... they don't always understand what you might be going thru and I've found many of them that think they are righteous & their sh** don't stink.

I just have to say/ask ALL OF YOU...

1) asitshouldbe - First I have to ask you, because I didn't read all of the posts on your thread (too many to read), but do you have family or friends near you? I myself don't and it makes it very hard when your only loved one is away.

2) asitshouldbe - Have you ever considered "taking care of yourself" when your husband is away? My boyfriend was overseas for almost 4 months of the first 16 months we were a couple and he still travels occasionally, but now I go with him when possible. I KNOW HOW LONELY IT CAN BE. Trust me though, I ruined 2 marriages by cheating (and by marrying men who weren't right for me). But there are plenty of "toys" out there to help subdue some of your loss; at least your physical/sexual loss of a spouse.

3) For whoever told her, "My state of *** is over run w/ oil field workers. Loss of the life as we knew it is hard enough....add to that someone like you that truly doesn't deserve a husband working like a "tool" to keep you in hearth and home.....sort of makes me ill. Where are your morals??" First, do you know what life is like for the spouse of an oil field, construction worker or any dangerous job employee? (Long hours, days/weeks/months apart) Second, while the spouse is at home worrying they're also "holding down the fort". Third, being the girlfriend of a construction worker, I've heard the stories about all the men/women workers who do their fair share of cheating. So, why are you coming down on asitshouldbe?? I'm not saying he is, but you don't know enough about their relationship to know if he might be cheating on her.

4) Do any of you idiots reading & replying to everyone's posts on this site have nothing better to do than ridicule them or beat them down by making them feel worse than they probably already feel, but can't admit. (Plenty of you have done it to me.) Maybe your advise comes from true care & concern, but I tend to think it comes from you thinking your better than any of us, maybe you've forgotten the mistakes you've made in the past, or maybe you're just too afraid to admit that you're just like us... breathing, living, human beings put on this rock and given "FREE WILL" , depending on your belief in The God, a god/goddess, single cell creatures from the oceans, or even aliens.

To asitshouldbe, only you can make the final decisions for yourself. Just be careful & chose wisely. And it never hurts to seek an outside source for unbiased opinions such as a counselor, pastor, or even your family physician (you may be simply experiencing a slight case of depression). But be wary of accepting a perfect strangers advise... especially on here.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:15 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
An interesting topic. If you just think about being with someone else, is that cheating?
I don't believe so, it's the acting upon your imaginings that is the cheating part.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:17 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
I feel bad for your husband, not only does he work his butt off for his ungrateful wife, but now she wants to start seeing an old boyfriend.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:17 PM

3,983 posts, read 5,015,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Let me ask other readers this, is the world really this SELFISH? We really do live in a ME, ME, ME, ME world. Very sad post.
YES!!! I notice this more and more everyday how selfish people are. In fact, I'm sitting at my desk in a slightly pissy mood b/c of some recently displayed selfishness at work.

I remember in the 70's, my stepmom had a tshirt that said "This is the ME generation!". Well, let me tell ya, it erupted from there... it's really hard to have hope in the human race sometimes...I really want to, too. I barely speak to anyone outside of a very few here b/c I cannot stand to listen to people who talk about themselves and then walk away. I don't think anyone really knows how to have a conversation anymore.

And now, with everyone talking about the divorce rate...you know RESPECT goes such a long way...what the heck do I know? I've only been with the same guy for 24 years...

Old 05-18-2012, 02:18 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Recently I have been in contact with a former boyfriend, we dated in junior high and again in our 20's, we are now in our 40's.
I am married, he is not, I'm thinking of meeting for drinks, no harm there?
Ask you husband.

[not us]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships