Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 11:36 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,197,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
No true. Better do some reading up on this if you think waiting is a good idea.

More and more research is pointing toward older dads as one reason for the steep rise in autism rates.

Nature just did not intend for humankind as a whole to procreate after about age 45.

It is true. I can have kids at any age I want.

And guys(who are smart) are taking advantage of that by focusing getting their money and career right first.

Last edited by BradPiff; 05-31-2012 at 11:53 AM..

Old 05-31-2012, 11:41 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,602,871 times
Who is to say a man is too old to have children? he doesnt fit into your tidy little box of what a father should be? A 70 year old man can quite possibly be 100 times the father and the provider than some of the younger dads out there. Open up your minds a little, please.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:27 PM

652 posts, read 1,052,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Who is to say a man is too old to have children? he doesnt fit into your tidy little box of what a father should be? A 70 year old man can quite possibly be 100 times the father and the provider than some of the younger dads out there. Open up your minds a little, please.
If he is still living he can be. My dad, his siblings, and his parents all died before 70.

Look at the obituary section once in a while. A dad who has his kids younger is much more likely to be around for all 18 years, at the minimum.

A 70 year old with younger kids.....kids may have a very real chance of becoming a caretaker for him. when they should be having "fun".

Old 05-31-2012, 12:30 PM

150 posts, read 250,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
This crowd? Not a chance, it's all about brow beating others into social norms.

And, yes, my guess is that it is true that many of these guys aren't interested in dating women over 40 and/or are open to still being part of or having a family with a younger woman. I happen to be one of those guys.

One other sad fact I will also share with you. At least 80-90% of the single women over 40 on these dating sites are just simply undateable. Sure, if you want companionship they are available, but wow most are just plain train wrecks. And it's just not age, it's maintenance and certain look and vibe the suggest relationship challenges. I doubt if I ever get married again, particularly to someone in the available pool in my age group. Though I'd like to think otherwise.

Yeah, I know I'm going to get a lot of haters, betas, and others telling me I'm a dirt bag, slime, "I should settle", etc. But there was another female user who posted a thread about dating phases I(20s), II(30s), III(40s), and IV(50s) who pretty much nailed it when she said it was a rough and sad road for single women in their 40s and 50s.

My advice? your weight will always be your first impression, and many guys can't get past that. Sorry, I hate to say this but we have an American cultural epidemic with obesity and boy you can definitely confirm that by browsing online dating sites. By the way, go google and check out the documentary on HBO called "The Weight of the Nation". Fairly tragic what is happening to us... says 67% of Americans are overweight or obese.

Last edited by cjawalt; 05-31-2012 at 12:56 PM..

Old 05-31-2012, 01:01 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
It is true. I can have kids at any age I want.

And guys(who are smart) are taking advantage of that by focusing getting their money and career right first.
Okay, let's be technical You MIGHT be able to have kids at any age.

But why would you do it over 50 and risk a 1 in 50 chance of having a child with special needs or a higher rate of mental illness?

"....studies have found that men over 50 have double the risk of having an autistic child, compared with those under 30, and the odds are four times greater for those over 55.

Read more: Autism Studies Confirm Genetic Complexity and Risk for Older Fathers | Healthland | TIME.com

"Males may have the advantage of lifelong fertility, but as they grow older, the rate of genetic mutations passed on via their sperm cells increases significantly—putting their children at increased risk for psychiatric disorders, especially autism and schizophrenia."

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...l-illness-risk

Old 05-31-2012, 01:20 PM

545 posts, read 908,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjawalt View Post

My advice? your weight will always be your first impression, and many guys can't get past that. Sorry, I hate to say this but we have an American cultural epidemic with obesity and boy you can definitely confirm that by browsing online dating sites. By the way, go google and check out the documentary on HBO called "The Weight of the Nation". Fairly tragic what is happening to us... says 67% of Americans are overweight or obese.
I didn't ask for your advice on finding a man. My weight, body and looks are no issue either.. tyvm

Old 05-31-2012, 01:23 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,225,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Okay, let's be technical You MIGHT be able to have kids at any age.

But why would you do it over 50 and risk a 1 in 50 chance of having a child with special needs or a higher rate of mental illness?

"....studies have found that men over 50 have double the risk of having an autistic child, compared with those under 30, and the odds are four times greater for those over 55.

Read more: Autism Studies Confirm Genetic Complexity and Risk for Older Fathers | Healthland | TIME.com

"Males may have the advantage of lifelong fertility, but as they grow older, the rate of genetic mutations passed on via their sperm cells increases significantly—putting their children at increased risk for psychiatric disorders, especially autism and schizophrenia."

Father Time: Children with Older Dads at Greater Risk for Mental Illness: Scientific American

Yes, technically a man can father a child at any age. But I definitely agree with you, it isn't the healthiest thing in the world for the child. Plus the thought of it alone is an absolute turn-off. lol

70 year old sperm probably rolls in under 5mph on a Hoverround.

Old 05-31-2012, 01:25 PM

545 posts, read 908,517 times
LOL! What a visual!

Old 05-31-2012, 01:33 PM

3,576 posts, read 10,653,670 times
Well, I'm one of them. I didn't have the opportunity to have children, and right now I'd like nothing more. If I had the opportunity to start a family, stop working, and stay home to be a full-time dad, I'd be ecstatic. However, reality being what it is, I'd settle for being a step-dad.

Old 05-31-2012, 01:37 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
Well, I'm one of them. I didn't have the opportunity to have children, and right now I'd like nothing more. If I had the opportunity to start a family, stop working, and stay home to be a full-time dad, I'd be ecstatic. However, reality being what it is, I'd settle for being a step-dad.
Hope it happens for you my friend, as you'd make a very awesome dad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships