Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 02:13 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
Ha! touche! im sure ull be fine!

QUOTE=Rabbitluvr;24858836]No, Rabbitluvr is NOT married, hell he can't even get a date! LOL...
[/quote]

Touche? No, touche! That's what we're telling you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 02:38 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
So? Suddenly it's 'simply not true' because you're in the small percentage of men (I don't know your age) that don't want FWB or hook ups as a replacement for relationships? Still, doesn't change that majority of the ones I came across are only interested in the latter and I'm not the only woman on here to say they've experienced this. Now I can see the older ones being more like you, but sorry, not the 20s, 30s.
How can you chide him for making generalizations when you do it all the time? There are plenty of guys out there looking for a booty call, but not all of them, probably not even most of them. I have nice guy friends, my friends have nice boyfriends/husband who aren't just looking for a hook up. I'm not sure what experiences you've had that have made you become so bitter against men, but not all men are jerks out to screw over women. And I say that a woman who has been screwed over a lot.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:53 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,390,974 times
Quote:
I have nice guy friends, my friends have nice boyfriends/husband who aren't just looking for a hook up. I'm not sure what experiences you've had that have made you become so bitter against men, but not all men are jerks out to screw over women.
Thank you, I agree 100%. Very few of the men I've known in my life are out for one night stands or hook ups. Have I known guys that only care about hitting n' quitting it? Sure, but very few. It has to come down to the type of men people surround themselves with. If a woman is ONLY meeting men who want a one-night stand, then they are looking in the wrong places or don't know how to connect with a "decent" man. There are millions of them out there.

I'm so sick of women constantly moaning, "All men are only after one thing." If you only hang with such types, blame yourself.

Old 06-22-2012, 03:25 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
Thank you, I agree 100%. Very few of the men I've known in my life are out for one night stands or hook ups. Have I known guys that only care about hitting n' quitting it? Sure, but very few. It has to come down to the type of men people surround themselves with. If a woman is ONLY meeting men who want a one-night stand, then they are looking in the wrong places or don't know how to connect with a "decent" man. There are millions of them out there.

I'm so sick of women constantly moaning, "All men are only after one thing." If you only hang with such types, blame yourself.
There's just as many men (including in this thread) who think women are only after hot, rich guys.

Old 06-22-2012, 03:39 PM

483 posts, read 1,559,829 times
Whenever someone laments the lack of eligible people in the dating pool, my first thought is to turn to the person asking the question. I usually find the answer there.

Maybe there's something about your personality or looks that's turning off men. That's not likely to change by moving

Old 06-22-2012, 06:27 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,694,209 times
well, again, I don't know what it is, so I guess I'll try getting a guy friend to let me know if he senses anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post
Whenever someone laments the lack of eligible people in the dating pool, my first thought is to turn to the person asking the question. I usually find the answer there.

Maybe there's something about your personality or looks that's turning off men. That's not likely to change by moving

Old 06-22-2012, 06:33 PM

yes, I'm sure there are plenty of those also. I'm not saying some women are blameless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
There's just as many men (including in this thread) who think women are only after hot, rich guys.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:37 PM

well, I guess I shouldn't categorize all men, but I have to say that most of the internet guys were after one thing, I'm not making that up. and when I'm at a nice restaurant enjoying dinner, surrounded by quality people, a married guy I know came up to me and point blank said he wanted to sleep with me. And I met an older gentleman I thought was nice, but then proceeded to tell me he just wanted a physical relationship with me. So, just because your surroundings are high-quality there can still be a douche or two in the bunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post

Old 06-22-2012, 07:12 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
If you don't put yourself out there, you will never find someone.

Old 06-22-2012, 07:16 PM

believe me, if I was any more out there, I'd be in outer space!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
If you don't put yourself out there, you will never find someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships