Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 05:39 AM

44,252 posts, read 64,580,574 times

Advertisements

There's probably a support group for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2012, 06:36 AM

5,988 posts, read 10,508,152 times
dave nz, would that be sequentially, or all at once?

Old 07-06-2012, 11:10 PM

19,821 posts, read 20,436,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
I figure if I go over that 200 number, I'll be so exausted, disgusted, and bored of that lifestyle that I'll be more than happy to settle down.

eeeew

Old 07-06-2012, 11:48 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,730,725 times
Life's short, I'd rather not waste a good chunk of it on trying to get dates. I'm holding on to the hope that I'll meet a great woman who's mature and flexible enough to be able to talk/work out any problems that come up between us. I don't need perfect.

In all honesty, if I was given the choice to turn back time and not break up with my first and only girlfriend, there's a good chance I'd take it.

Last edited by HurricaneDC; 07-07-2012 at 12:06 AM..

Old 07-07-2012, 12:40 AM

1,171 posts, read 1,953,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
I think its an important process. It teaches you to a greater extent what you want and like in a partner and what you don't want and like. It also teaches you about yourself. I know someone who married his first GF, things havn't worked out too well. Of course it can, but hasn't in their case.

Thoughts on the subject from both a male and female point of view?
Yes, I think it can teach you some things. With me, it never was the problem. I've been the same person since about 5. My problem always has been gals who wanted to date me because they thought I might change. Change me into what they want. It never worked. I'd be less than honest to say I could change. Don't go to bed at night and wake up hoping I'm a banker or a lawyer. That's so not me. I can clean up well if I have to. I think that threw some off too. I wear a suit and tie to some formal get together and they think that's what I'm doing every day. The truth be told it was in the rules that you couldn't, and may not enter if you show up in jeans and a normal shirt. I hated that monkey suit and couldn't wait to get it off. I also scared some off because they "just wanted to have fun" kind of thing. I want to have fun, but I need and want a committed relationship too. This call you once a month stuff is not working for me. I remember a high school teacher I went out with. A guy I work with set me up because his wife was also a teacher at the same high school. I went just to see what it would be like and what would happen. That was a unique date. LOL She knew something was off when I picked her up in a big 4x4 fullsize pick up. Everyone else probably used their Honda Accord! LOL Fellow guy teachers she worked with and other business/management type men. Never the less, we weren't really a match, but I made her laugh and she thought I was attractive. I thought I BLEW the whole date in the water until I take her back to her place and she wants me to come in. I declined and said I don't think so. She gave me a hug and said goodbye thanking me for not using her at a weak moment. No problem there little lady.

Old 07-07-2012, 12:44 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,493,805 times
i think its only important if you yourself have a lot of things you need clarification or answers to regarding life, yourself and your relations to the opposite sex, otherwise its really not an important step in life at all.

it comes down to the individual

Old 07-09-2012, 04:38 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,805,934 times
Quote:
I need to experience as much as possible before settling down with one woman. I also love the thrill of the chase...it's like a drug.
If it's all about the chase, there's no way that a magic number, be it 200 or (likely) more is going to be "enough." There's always going to be more to chase...I doubt monogamy would EVER be in the cards. To me, the chase isn't that fulfilling, but to each, their own.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:04 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,931,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
If it's all about the chase, there's no way that a magic number, be it 200 or (likely) more is going to be "enough." There's always going to be more to chase...I doubt monogamy would EVER be in the cards. To me, the chase isn't that fulfilling, but to each, their own.
You're probably correct, but if that's the case, I'll need to figure something out as my folks most certainly expect me to marry and reproduce at some point.

If you know of any attractive ladies under 30 who have at least a college degree, a decent career, have no kids, and are perfectly fine with having an open marriage, please let me know.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:08 PM

102,362 posts, read 108,650,974 times
Quote:
If you know of any attractive ladies under 30 who have at least a college degree, a decent career, have no kids, and are perfectly fine with having an open marriage, please let me know.
Jeez, talk about unrealistic laundry lists! Good luck with that. (Are you sure you'd be ok with her having other guys? It may sound ok in theory, but in reality, emotions can come into play, and possessiveness rears its ugly head before you know it.)

Old 07-09-2012, 08:53 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,765,610 times
Quote:
No, I've already been with over 50 women so far and it's still not enough. 200+ is when I'll likely hit the point of total saturation and will actually want to settle down.

I'm sure she will probably be a clean and decent woman herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships