Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 01:02 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
The living situation isnt the problem....

We have seperate rooms, work opposite shifts, and rarely see each other...

Me moving out is happening - its not something that needs to be discussed.

Why would we sell the house? She can afford it working full time - and she just happened to get a full time job...this isnt something any of you need to be concerned about. Bills are going to her name only and shes taking them over. Her and i discussed it, its settled - and isnt worth discussing on here..

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Yes, the living situation is in fact the problem. Well that and you can't take advise from those when you clearly ask for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 01:11 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,275,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Yes, the living situation is in fact the problem. Well that and you can't take advise from those when you clearly ask for it.

Couldnt rep you again!

OP - You asked, the internet answered.

MTFO.

Now.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:14 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,446,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
How is it a problem...?

You did read that im going to be out soon, right?

I admit it was a problem at one point...how many other guys here would be okay with your soon to be ex inviting guys over and skrewing on your bed? Using your pillow?

Hence why im moving out..

What are you arguing exactly? We appear to be in agreement....

Old 08-29-2012, 01:21 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,814,616 times
I think you do have to eventually make a break from her, and it sounds like you are almost out of the house. I would recommend that you let someone know one more time (maybe her sister?) about the suicide threats, or maybe if she has a counselor... I don't know if I would go into details about her sex life other than to let them know she's spiraling and told you she's purposely courting danger. But I think it's prudent to make one last effort to make sure someone knows wat is going on and make it VERY CLEAR to all involved that you WILL NOT continue to be involved in any way. They are used to you handing it, and they have to be told in no uncertain terms that those days are over. Then you have to back it up with your actions. Once you have gone, don't listen to any more of her problems, don't come over, just don't. It feels cruel but you have to make a clean break or it will stay in this muddy grey area that is good for no one.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Couldnt rep you again!

OP - You asked, the internet answered.

MTFO.

Now.
I am, is what you dont get...

Hence why the advice of "move out" are un helpful....

Weve talked about how its going to work, and decided on a plan together.

Selling the house would take longer than the two to four weeks we have planned...

And a hotel room would drain from the funds saved.

Besides im at a friends for the week!

What do you think you guys are arguing exactly...?

Old 08-29-2012, 01:25 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,275,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
I am, is what you dont get...

Hence why the advice of "move out" are un helpful....

Move Out Now.

Move On Now.

You can't do one without the other.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:33 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
I would suggest that you have ZERO contact with here ASAP.

Don't call to check on her, don't see her, don't talk to her family.....you need a fresh start.

DO NOT let her rope you back in a year or two from now. DO NOT respond to her texts etc.

I've seen it happen with a relative of mine. It's almost like a cycle of abuse.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:38 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I would suggest that you have ZERO contact with here ASAP.

Don't call to check on her, don't see her, don't talk to her family.....you need a fresh start.

DO NOT let her rope you back in a year or two from now. DO NOT respond to her texts etc.

I've seen it happen with a relative of mine. It's almost like a cycle of abuse.
Exactly! Break the cycle already.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
I think you do have to eventually make a break from her, and it sounds like you are almost out of the house. I would recommend that you let someone know one more time (maybe her sister?) about the suicide threats, or maybe if she has a counselor... I don't know if I would go into details about her sex life other than to let them know she's spiraling and told you she's purposely courting danger. But I think it's prudent to make one last effort to make sure someone knows wat is going on and make it VERY CLEAR to all involved that you WILL NOT continue to be involved in any way. They are used to you handing it, and they have to be told in no uncertain terms that those days are over. Then you have to back it up with your actions. Once you have gone, don't listen to any more of her problems, don't come over, just don't. It feels cruel but you have to make a clean break or it will stay in this muddy grey area that is good for no one.
Thank you =).

I think youre right about not seeing eachother after. That will be hard, but necessary.

The suicide threats have increased since i told them last..and the "trying to catch an std" and men from online, is new.

I was going to see how this week goes for her...hopefully i scared sense and reason into her. She was crying and visibly upset over the pictures of babies with herpes...hopefully she realizes that isnt what she wants, and the random sex hasnt been worth that risk.

Shes had no guys over since...

While im still technically living there, while all my things are there - id like to know when and who comes over.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:42 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,216,042 times
Get your name off the mortgage too. Cut all financial ties and leave her to have at it. If she wants she can get a roommate to help pay for your house, but that isn't your problem.

Cut all financial ties. I would start the paperwork to get your name off the mortgage right now.

STOP BUGGING HER ABOUT HER SEX LIFE.... YOU ARE DONE WHO CARES?

Stop trying to control who she beds down and where. She probably knows she is being promiscuous and doesn't need you making snide comments about it. Leave it be. Be a damn man for once. A real man doesn't make passive aggressive snide comments like this. He moves the **** on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships