Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 11:41 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Ironic, coming from someone with the name Crabman. I can just picture some poor guy hopping around trying to stay engaged while a crab is latched onto his toe.

But please, no flopping down onto any logs. Then you risk impalement, all right: With a rusty nail!
lol My wife liked the outdoors. I normally wear the little water slipper thingies because the beaches up here are usually a rock/sand combo and there are also mussels which will cut the hell out of your feet. Cant say as a crab has ever latched on to a toe although the girl might like the extra vertical she was getting out of the hopping going on!

Old 08-30-2012, 11:46 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Get out now. I spent 28 years trying to help a man find some adventure. For 28 years and 2 children, it was always in bed under the covers after dark with the lights off don't make a sound. Enough! He was not willing to change ever. I was his first - and only until the divorce. He had little libido and no staying power and it was only going to get worse.
Another tale of warning. Holy smoke. I don't know how you lasted that long!

Back to the OP...

Regardless of what certain people on this thread might say, enjoying your sexuality does not make you a "nympho" (a sexist term right there), likely to cheat or be dishonest, or otherwise somehow bad or "crazy." Furthermore, sex is an extremely important part of a healthy romantic relationship or marriage. It is an expression of love and the desire to be together and please one another, even when it's what some might consider raunchy. We all have a right to our own pursuit of happiness, and if your partner does not, will not, or cannot do it for you, then you need to think about whether you want to spend years, maybe even the rest of your life, unsatisfied sexually. Annie's story just breaks my heart. It also makes me more than a little bit angry with her ex. I don't understand how someone can claim to love a partner and not want to at least try to please that partner sexually.

Even in the case of outlandish and paranoid "what ifs," were I an injured partner who could not perform sexually, I would completely understand if my relationship then became that of friends. I would give someone the option of leaving. I would never in a million years expect a healthy, virile man to forgo sex for the rest of his life because I couldn't have it, myself. That is beyond selfish and right on into cruelty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBarney View Post
Is that like a hoar frost?
C-D won't allow the word that rhymes with it.

And that's all I have time for this morning.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:12 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Talk about needing a time machine! It's old news that neither a hot tub nor the beach are good locations for sexual activity.

The Risks of Summer Sex | LiveScience

Not to mention that messing around in a hot tub or on the beach is so 1970s. So, if that's the foreplay, does the actual sex take place on a beanbag chair? Don't forget the lava lamps to help set the mood!

Oh, wait. "To each their own..."
They still make hot tubs/jacuzzis. That's why you see them in ads for hotels (think Niagara Falls and Las Vegas). Consummation of the sexual act does not occur in the hot tub. There's a regular bed, a couch, a floor, etc. for that.

Sand dunes. About the sand issue... that's why Martha Stewart hawks blankets for K-Mart.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:17 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
From what you have written about your boyfriend he is not as adventurous as you are and you seem to be putting a lot of pressure on him to "perform on demand". Perhaps you should have thought about the seriousness of this issue before you actually moved in together because I doubt you will hang in there much longer if your physical needs are not satisfied soon and often.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:29 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,499 times
While I don't do the spanking (although I appreciate a nice ass-squeeze or light smack), I don't like it too "vanilla" either. My hubby thankfully has similar likes, but an ex boyfriend of mine basically was so bad, he was essentially masturbating into me, for lack of a better term. No new position, no foreplay or oral, etc...nothing. Eventually, we ended it, partly due to the sexual incompatibility, and partly because he was an ass.

I don't have any advice other than what has been said, good luck!

Old 08-30-2012, 12:33 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
OK. A long time ago I was 23, and never met someone in that age group with ED. That is just not the norm . Has he seen a urologist? Isn't it amazing that this activity takes up about an hour or two a week and yet is so important to our well being? Sex is indeed a quality of life issue. It also evolves and is quite different for us from our late 20's to our middle 50's. The best years by far were our 40's. I've know women and men that only have sex a couple of times a year. Just kill me now, but that works for them. I don't think there has been enough honest dialog between you and your SO to determine what the issue really is, and until you discuss the core of the problem you will continue to be disappointed. Then there's always toys.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:36 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
You most likely are dealing with a guy who is just who he is. People always say that you should talk about it.

Fine.

He mght act slightly different for a bit, then he will most likely fall into his usual patterns.

Not to be negative, but people don't usually change all that much.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:37 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girl980 View Post
That's exactly what it is. It's not that I like being hurt. I like knowing that I can make someone that passionate that they are uninhibited and able to express themselves freely without Nicholas Sparks tainting everything about romance. There's a time and place for that - bit there's also a time where you say, i want rough sex where you show me how bad you want it
One thing my hubby doesn't do much anymore, since we're rarely sans kids for any length of time, are things like lifting me up on the kitchen table and HAVING to have me right then and there. Even after all our years together, I still love that.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:39 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,270,334 times
Could be inexperience, could be his comfort level, could be his questioning his sexual orientation, could be his worry about ED so he needs to be quick, could also be just plain laziness and/or selfishness as he is getting his and doesn't care about yours. Talk, observe, and then decide. You're too young to live like this. I know how frustrating it is when you feel someone doesn't want to take care of you.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:42 PM

657 posts, read 716,980 times
you put him down then expect him to perform. ok sound like a w o m a n. give the guy a break. at least he doesnot have aids to give you. enjoy life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships