Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2012, 06:15 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,460,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I am a very monogamous person....

I have a lover ... the pressure is on for him to stay put.

Being married to a sexless wonder myself, I would say generally speaking cheating is just a way of coping with a bad relationship.....
Just curious: you explained your lover's reason to stay in his marriage, but not your own reason for staying in your "bad relationship"? Especially in the light of your finer description of a happy relationship I have come across:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I know couples who are like ying and yang, you never find one without the other, they speak for each other, they have passion for each other, they enjoy the same stuff, they always have each other's best interests at heart, no matter what, they actively try to please each other, they are partners in crime, and partners in life in every single way you could possibly imagine...almost like twins.

They are stronger and more complete as a unit, than they are alone. The whole is more than the sum of its parts.

That's what marriage can be. It does exist, which is why we all keep reaching for the prize.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2012, 06:18 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,460,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Well...
This was an interesting experiment.

Just proves what I thought... I should just shut the f up and keep my mouth shut.

When ever I think out loud, I always get my ass handed to me.... I should know by now... especially with this snake pit here called CD........
Well, CD is a many-headed hydra, looking for exceptions, loopholes, and faults in any generalized statement. Which is not all that bad really.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:19 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,212,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
Who cares, though? Great, so they have some extra money, but at the end of the day, a married guy is still going home to his aging, and often out of shape, wife while his single counterparts are down at the bar enjoy the company of the hot chick the married guy was eyeing down last week.
This is called George Clooney futurism syndrome. It's what ugly, socially awkward, women resenting young men like to tell themselves. The reality is that you are just going to get more of what you have right now.

Quote:
Having extra money as a guy means nothing unless chicks come with it. You could give me $100 million right now, but if I can't use that to get new women, it's pretty much useless.
Who cares what you want or would do?

Old 09-09-2012, 06:22 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,923,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
This is called George Clooney futurism syndrome. It's what ugly, socially awkward, women resenting young men like to tell themselves. The reality is that you are just going to get more of what you have right now.
Guys who stay in shape, take care of themselves, and make over $100k can live the George Clooney lifestyle (just to a lesser extent). It's not that difficult unless one is just really lazy and/or dumb. Unlike women, a man's stock generally goes up as he gets older (up until about age 60), not down.

On top of that, guys who make a good living can just go to other countries like Brazil, Argentina, Cuba, and Colombia and enjoy the millions of women there. I know a few guys who go to Rio once every 3-4 months, have a blast, and usually end up sleeping with 4-5 hot women each trip. If that's not living the life, I don't know what is.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Guys who stay in shape, take care of themselves, and make over $100k can live the George Clooney lifestyle (just to a lesser extent). It's not that difficult unless one is just really lazy and/or dumb. Unlike women, a man's stock generally goes up as he gets older (up until about age 60), not down.
Talk about a state of delusion. Hey, whatever makes it easier for you.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Talk about a state of delusion. Hey, whatever makes it easier for you.
What's delusional about it?

Making $100k as a 40-45 year old? lol Not difficult.
Working out in the gym 5-6 days a week and staying in shape? Not difficult
Keeping good skin care, keeping a haircut before needing one, and wearing fashionable clothing that suits your body type? Not difficult.
Getting a hair transplant if necessary? A good one can be had for like $15-20k. Not difficult.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:30 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,795,101 times
Quote:
While any man who "stays in shape, takes care of themselves and makes over $100k" CAN live the "George Clooney" lifestyle if he wants to, you don't seem to get that they don't all want to.

I have known a few guys who met your description, but after a time they all yearned for marriage and family.

I know it is hard for you to understand at your young age, but many many men get to a place where they seriously desire marriage - what it means and all it entails.

Again, this is obviously above your pay grade, let it go!

Old 09-09-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
While any man who "stays in shape, takes care of themselves and makes over $100k" CAN live the "George Clooney" lifestyle if he wants to, you don't seem to get that they don't all want to.

I have known a few guys who met your description, but after a time they all yearned for marriage and family.

I know it is hard for you to understand at your young age, but many many men get to a place where they seriously desire marriage - what it means and all it entails.

Again, this is obviously above your pay grade, let it go!
I realize that, but I don't understand why. I mean, what guy realistically wants to be with the same aging woman for years and years? Is that fun? I get tired of chicks after like 9 months so I can't even imagine being with the same woman for like 15-20-25 years (especially if her looks are fading). Pure insanity. Have you taken a look at what the average 50+ year old married woman looks like? lol

Btw, I'm almost 30 so I'm not that young.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
What's delusional about it?

Making $100k as a 40-45 year old? lol Not difficult.
Working out in the gym 5-6 days a week and staying in shape? Not difficult
Keeping good skin care, keeping a haircut before needing one, and wearing fashionable clothing that suits your body type? Not difficult.
Getting a hair transplant if necessary? A good one can be had for like $15-20k. Not difficult.
Are you going bald? You've mentioned hair plugs a few times now. To start, 100K is not a lot of money. Second, why would young women want a middle-aged man when they can have a young man to have a good time with? By the time you're in your late 40s into your 50s your skin is going to get loose. Your hair plugs will be noticeable. Your uni-brow will be fully grown in (ear hair coming lol). You will be shorter. For what, mediocre money?

George Clooney's can have it all at any age. The average man? Not so much. Although, I think it's very responsible when men know they should not be marrying and having children. I commend and applaud you guys for that.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:39 PM

52,309 posts, read 52,777,716 times
Quote:
I realize that, but I don't understand why. I mean, what guy realistically wants to be with the same aging woman for years and years? Is that fun? I get tired of chicks after like 9 months so I can't even imagine being with the same woman for like 15-20-25 years (especially if her looks are fading). Pure insanity.

Btw, I'm almost 30 so I'm not that young.
Well, you're in for a long long lonely life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships