Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 07:43 AM

22,343 posts, read 29,452,102 times

Advertisements

All the time. They all want the older hot woman experience
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 08:54 AM

2,095 posts, read 3,103,955 times
It happens less now that I'm with my SO and we are usually together in most social situations, but it still happens.

Most guys won't believe I am 38 until I show them my driver's license.

I especially find it amusing when the Millennial Hipsters hit on me during laundry day. Sorry buddy, I'm not dressed like this for a fashion statement, I'm dressed like this because I'm out of decent clothes to wear.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:07 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,392,572 times
I'm a professor and my students are all 20 or more years younger than me. I get asked out by my male students regularly and am not even remotely tempted. I always just show them my wedding ring and say matter-of-factly, "I'm married, not interested." The manner I say it (I've practiced this) makes it crystal clear I'm not going to pursue it.

I'm not saying I don't find some of the students very attractive, but I am not attracted to them. I have a student now who looks strikingly like very young Tom Cruise. I admire his looks but that's it.

Am I flattered? Not really, I don't think of it either way. If no student ever propositioned me again it wouldn't put a dent in my self-image.

Old 09-14-2012, 01:01 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Being able to carry on a less than shallow conversation is a major factor. Noted

What do women get out of the whole cougar arrangement, besides being with a guy that can keep up with their own libido? I wouldn't be opposed to dating an older woman, but I feel like I'd just be kicking the can down the road until one of us found a more age appropriate person to date. Who knows though? If I really connected with a woman 15 years my senior and she felt the same, I don't think I'd let those 15 years come between us.
Most older women don't want someone half their age. It's the younger guys who hit on them. But as some posters here have said, sometimes the guys don't know the women they're hitting on are older.

Old 09-14-2012, 01:11 PM

1,344 posts, read 4,766,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Seriously, it seems that "older women" are a trend right now.

I still find it disconcerting.
I find this disconcerting. Man dates younger woman. No problem. Woman dates younger man. Problem. WTF

Old 09-14-2012, 01:57 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,553,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
that's the age of most the women regulars who post here. how often do you attract the attention of younger men, and do you feel flattered by it, or a little weirded out by it?
I was a bit uncomfortable when I learned my DH was more than two years younger than I, more than twenty-five years ago when we first started getting serious about each other -- particularly since he looked about 15 years old.

He still looks lots younger. I've had people ask if I was his mother.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:06 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,161,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarterguy View Post
I find this disconcerting. Man dates younger woman. No problem. Woman dates younger man. Problem. WTF
I know, it seems very old-fashioned to me.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:23 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,078,108 times
I don't think I attract younger men, I've always (since I was a teen) attracted older men.

Hmmm, I guess I wouldn't care one way or the other if a younger guy was attracted to me.

I would never pursue a relationship with a younger man (assuming I were single). I just can't fathom what a man would see in a woman 10+ yrs older than him, other than a sexual conquest that he can check off his list. No thanks!

Old 09-14-2012, 02:50 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,275,215 times
all the time but I do look a lot younger than I am.

I know they all say that but I actually do.

A friend recently told me she honestly thought I was in my mid 20s when she met me, I'm nearly 50 lmfaooooo.

The biggest age gap was 19 years younger, and I've only recently dated an older man for the first time ever.

I don't care, a man's a man, bring it on.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:32 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,145,407 times
It happens every now and then. I'm not into REALLY young guys, though, so I tell them that while I'm flattered, I'm not interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships