Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 08:40 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,955 times

Advertisements

Happily married or not.....have some confidence in yourself and leave this guy alone. Why is it that do many females settle for being a mans side chick. Absolutely saddening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 08:40 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,074,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
If a man is living with the mother of his children, he's probably not good dating material. Doesn't matter if they're married or not. He's living with his family.
You would think the average person would understand that.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:06 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
yikes...
ive seen a close friend do this with a "not to be mentioned washed up country singer" simply because she got wrapped up in the moment with him and let herself become infatuated. despite everything (and everyone) telling her this guy was no good and a live in wife, she convinced herself he really cared for her.

the only thing you can do is express your concerns to her and let her be on her own way. she has her own lessons to learn.

Last edited by rego00123; 10-20-2012 at 11:16 PM..

Old 10-22-2012, 12:19 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,415,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fehlschlag2015 View Post
Okay, hear me out. I'm not a creepy stalker, though it's probably going to sound like it. I'm concerned about a friend of mine. An older guy has been interested in her...really interested. I'm really suspicious of him though, and I don't want my friend to get hurt down the line.

He is living with another woman currently, but he said he is divorced from her. They have children together and everything. His schedule on when he can see her and when he picks up his phone is really erratic, and I can't help but wonder.

I used a lookup tool online just to see if I could find anything for her, and it showed that he had been married in the past, divorced her, then remarried, but no corresponding divorce from the woman he is living with.

He's obviously not going to tell the truth if he's still married. Isn't there a way you can find out if someone is married via a public record or something? Thanks!

~~Tara
That would be reason enough for me to S-T-A-Y AWAAAY.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:32 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistym View Post
I wouldn't suggest that because God forbid he's married (and the wife finds out), two women will be hurt. Why hurt another person if it's not necessary. (worst if they have kids). I would question the man and leave the "ex-wife" out of it.
If my husband was out there looking for other women, I would want to know about that.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:21 PM

626 posts, read 903,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
The 'ex wife' deserves to know that her husband is actively trying to cheat on her. I know that if I was married and my husband was pretending to be divorced/separated to hook up with other women I'd want to know.
Hi JetJockey. I disagree. It's not her place and furthermore, maybe the woman doesn't want to know. She should focus on what going on between her and the man and if it's not for her, move on. Some women think they are doing the other woman a favor, but honestly it's just their way of getting back at the man. Sour grapes (If he's screws me, I have to get him back. Let me tell the wife. It has nothing to do with concern for the 'ex-wife'). Would you honestly want an unknown woman to approach you with information about your man??

Old 10-22-2012, 08:14 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistym View Post
Hi JetJockey. I disagree. It's not her place and furthermore, maybe the woman doesn't want to know. She should focus on what going on between her and the man and if it's not for her, move on. Some women think they are doing the other woman a favor, but honestly it's just their way of getting back at the man. Sour grapes (If he's screws me, I have to get him back. Let me tell the wife. It has nothing to do with concern for the 'ex-wife'). Would you honestly want an unknown woman to approach you with information about your man??
YES, I would! In fact, I WISH one of the women my ex was cheating on me with would have approached me to tell me what a worthless ass he was. It would have saved me THOUSANDS of dollars and a ton of hearbreak and anxiety over getting STD tests and whatnot.

If someone knew my SO was cheating on me, you bet your balls I'd want to know as soon as humanly possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships