Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 01:22 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,725,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Most women would look at random guys calling them "beautiful" as weird. And they have a point
Unless they're attracted to guy & then it's great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 01:25 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,725,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Not that many young men can afford a lawsuit... or a sexual harassment charge.
Amen. Be careful what you say & to whom you say it. Heck, if you accidentally brush up against some women you better hope that she shout that you're trying to grope her.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:52 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,350,998 times
I accidentally touched a woman's breasts with the back of my hand, once. I mean, I didn't even know that he was behind me. I was putting something up and then my hand came down and "plop."

Imagine the horrified look on my face when I saw that my hand was right on that woman's chest.

Luckily, nothing came of that.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:01 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Unless they're attracted to guy & then it's great.
Well you kindoff have a point. It's the same as looking at cleavage for example

Old 10-17-2012, 02:03 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,211,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misskaedy View Post
When a man calls a women beautiful, women often cannot distinguish whether the man is just trying to get with her or if the man is saying it in a sincere way. If a man would make this clear to women, I don't think women would have a problem being called beautiful randomly.
Um....If you would look at the responses from the women in this thread and look up that thread I linked to you earlier you would see that your opinion does not reflect on all women.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:13 PM

20 posts, read 36,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Um....If you would look at the responses from the women in this thread and look up that thread I linked to you earlier you would see that your opinion does not reflect on all women.
There is a difference between calling someone beautiful without hitting on them and hitting on someone noticeably.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:15 PM

11,798 posts, read 12,038,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post
You know positive reinforcement from outside stimulus play a part in building self esteem.
It does as a child, you need to build up their self-esteem so they have a strong character and a foundation from which to succeed in life. But to tie your worth to how others feel about you is a dangerous road to go down. Every person needs to realize they have value and importance in the world regardless of what anyone thinks.

IMO, people with low self-esteem who need attention and flattery from others end up making lousy choices in life based on pleasing others. They give control of their self-worth over to people who don't don't have their best interests in mind and take advantage of their low self-esteem. They will equate any attention as a good thing, whether it's positive or negative attention. They will only feel good if theyr'e getting reinforcement, and will feel bad or down on themselves without it. It's not a healthy way to live life, tying your emotional wellbeing to others.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:19 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,509,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Huh?
Same friend circle.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:26 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,694,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
It does as a child, you need to build up their self-esteem so they have a strong character and a foundation from which to succeed in life. But to tie your worth to how others feel about you is a dangerous road to go down. Every person needs to realize they have value and importance in the world regardless of what anyone thinks.

IMO, people with low self-esteem who need attention and flattery from others end up making lousy choices in life based on pleasing others. They give control of their self-worth over to people who don't don't have their best interests in mind and take advantage of their low self-esteem. They will equate any attention as a good thing, whether it's positive or negative attention. They will only feel good if theyr'e getting reinforcement, and will feel bad or down on themselves without it. It's not a healthy way to live life, tying your emotional wellbeing to others.
I think you are jumping to conclusions. A person with good self esteem won't be offended if someone calls them beautiful or what not. A person with good self esteem does not take something like that out of context and looks a the situation and timing. It it compliment on looks that's is all. You make valid points but it comes off as kind of left field with the topic at hand.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:30 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,211,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post
I think you are jumping to conclusions. A person with good self esteem won't be offended if someone calls them beautiful or what not. A person with good self esteem does not take something like that out of context and looks a the situation and timing. It it compliment on looks that's is all. You make valid points but it comes off as kind of left field with the topic at hand.
I kinda agree with Liberty though. Yes it's nice for people to compliment others once in a while. Nothing wrong with that. But when someone is asking for or fishing for compliments then it's an issue and it's kind of needy and histrionic. I think the average Joe or Jane doesn't go around in life asking for someone to tell them how handsome they are or how pretty they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships