Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 09:44 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Ah, another right-wing bible thumper who claims to be Christian when it is convenient for herself and serves her self-righteous purposes.

Go look up the Corporal Works of Mercy, Ms. "Catholic."

P.S. If Jesus existed, it's a pretty good bet he was a hippie.
I am no bible thumper nor am I right wing. However in Illinois we have a serious welfare problem where 54% of all births are on medicaid (and most are illegitimate). I am tired of people not taking responsibility for their actions. I'd love to have kids, but knew I would be a single mom and couldn't afford them at that point so I didn't.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:54 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I am no bible thumper nor am I right wing. However in Illinois we have a serious welfare problem where 54% of all births are on medicaid (and most are illegitimate). I am tired of people not taking responsibility for their actions. I'd love to have kids, but knew I would be a single mom and couldn't afford them at that point so I didn't.

Your Church frowns upon abortion. You've been spouting about Catholic this and Catholic that for weeks now. To hear you talk, we'd think you were devout. So which is it? Are you a devout Catholic? Or are you a cafeteria Catholic, one who picks and chooses to suit her own moral compass?

Because from where I sit, it smells an awful lot like you are using your alleged Catholicism as a b.s. excuse to exclude people. I don't even agree with those who say you think you are better than the men you are using your religion to turn away. I think you are using your religion as a crutch because you are afraid. I think you are afraid, insecure, and threatened by the possibility of a man having once loved or married a woman before you. You are afraid that you cannot compete with a woman he divorced, or a woman who died. You are even threatened by children. You can't bear the thought of competing with them, or sharing a man's attention with them. You have to be number one. You have to come first. You have to have him all to yourself. Every post you write reeks of insecurity.

Yet here you are nattering on about people helping themselves and bettering themselves, while you can't bear the thought of a man having any kind of past in which he loved or married someone else. Look in the mirror. You need a shrink. Big time.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:56 PM

The two things aren't even related at all. I do not support divorce in most cases and no I am not open to dating a divorced man. I don't have to do anything I oppose. I am not interested in marrying someone unable to marry in church which I have stressed MANY times. If you think being opposed to dating a divorced man is the same as being opposed to long term welfare you are the one who needs help.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:56 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Most attitudes change dramatically when one finds themselves in the same or worse situation as those they currently look down on. It is a major culture shock when something happens that is out of one's control and no one will help because of the way they were treated by others when they needed a bit of extra help. Most everyone I know who is from Illinois cringe when they see someone with such attitude say they are from Illinois, we wish they would move to another state and give the residents there a bad image. Just for the record, I am from Illinois, I have been on welfare a couple different times in my lifetime because of financial need, I was somewhat ashamed to use food stamps and that medical card but I needed food and medical care for my children until I got back on solid financial ground, I did strive to better my situation and I did get off of welfare as soon as I could and yes it took me about 1 - 2 years but I was beyond grateful that I could care for my children properly with the financial/food assistance I received.

Welfare is a Federal Program however, guidelines vary from State to State and there are different programs that can be accessed and utilized depending on each situation within the family applying for benefits. Illinois is strict overall but they are very fair and college students are not eligible for welfare benefits just because they are in college. They have to apply and be approved like everyone else who applies and there are restrictions in regards to who lives in the home, income or lack of and what is being done by the applicant to become self sufficient and get off of the welfare roles within a specified time frame.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
The two things aren't even related at all. I do not support divorce in most cases and no I am not open to dating a divorced man. I don't have to do anything I oppose. I am not interested in marrying someone unable to marry in church which I have stressed MANY times. If you think being opposed to dating a divorced man is the same as being opposed to long term welfare you are the one who needs help.

Church, church, church. Oh, b.s. with your church already. You are so full of garbage with this. If you really believed what the Roman Catholic Church teaches--indeed, if you even KNEW what the Roman Catholic Church teaches--you would not be excluding all divorced men. You would only be excluding divorced CATHOLIC men who were married in the CATHOLIC church.

Again, the Roman Catholic Church WILL marry you to a man who is divorced as long as he is not Catholic. He only needs to promise two things: That he will not interfere with your faith, and that any children born of the marriage are raised Catholic.

You can marry divorced Protestants, Jews, atheists, and agnostics as long as they were not married in the Catholic Church.

You are just too insecure, jealous, and emotionally stunted to stomach the thought that someone had a life before you.

If you're going to blather on about your religion, at least KNOW it. Your posts are ridiculous in their transparent dishonesty.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:03 PM

Actually if you are on welfare you can go to college, which I mentioned.

Oh btw for those who think I am judgmental, several years ago in fact I was down on my luck and applied for welfare. I was rejected because I have no kids. So no I am not against welfare when it is needed, but rather opposed when it becomes a lifestyle. The fact is if you can't afford kids you should make sure you don't have them. There is birth control available and of course there is abstinence so this is really no excuse.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Church, church, church. Oh, b.s. with your church already. You are so full of garbage with this. If you really believed what the Roman Catholic Church teaches--indeed, if you even KNEW what the Roman Catholic Church teaches--you would not be excluding all divorced men. You would only be excluding divorced CATHOLIC men who were married in the CATHOLIC church.

Again, the Roman Catholic Church WILL marry you to a man who is divorced as long as he is not Catholic. He only needs to promise two things: That he will not interfere with your faith, and that any children born of the marriage are raised Catholic.

You can marry divorced Protestants, Jews, atheists, and agnostics.

You are just too insecure, jealous, and emotionally stunted to stomach the thought that someone had a life before you.

Your posts are ridiculous in their transparent dishonesty.
But you can't marry them in the church and that is important. I have explained this. I only want to marry a Catholic man, not open to atheists or Muslims, Hindus, etc. Besides it is my business why I am not open to divorced men.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:08 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,455,630 times
Quote:
I am aiming this at women though I suppose this happens to men too. However so many women I know repeat this pattern: they go out with a guy and then they sleep with him. They wait for his call only to find out he was just using her as a booty call. Now I know people who slept together on a first date and got married but am not talking about them. The fact is some people are only interested in sex and not relationships but they lie.

I was thinking of this as I read another thread and it reminded me of a movie I saw long ago. This woman slept with this man and got pregnant. When she had the baby he had married another woman and had nothing to do with her kid. This guy later had kids with his wife while he ignored his child by the other woman.

The fact is I have been used by men with regards to sex and it still angers me that I didn't realize it. It stinks when you see the man you think you are dating marrying someone else. So as a result I have vowed to be celibate until marriage or at least engagement.
I have vowed the same until marriage. It would save women tears and heartache thats for sure!

Old 11-01-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
But you can't marry them in the church and that is important. I have explained this. I only want to marry a Catholic man, not open to atheists or Muslims, Hindus, etc. Besides it is my business why I am not open to divorced men.

YES, you CAN marry them in the Church. You need to LEARN your own religion.

In fact, you can marry a divorced Catholic man as long as he wasn't married in the Catholic Church. I know this, because my sister, who is Catholic, was first married in Vegas. She divorced. The second time she married, it was in the Catholic Church. No challenges. No hassles. Nothing.

This has nothing to do with your religion. You don't even know your religion enough to claim it. You need to be honest with yourself and admit that you just can't handle the thought of a man having loved another woman enough to ask her to marry him, because you aren't fooling anyone here.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesasabia View Post
I have vowed the same until marriage. It would save women tears and heartache thats for sure!
It really does because so many women have had their hearts broken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships