Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 06:37 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,655,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
That's easy. Walk into a comic book store. All these men will look up from their copy of Captain America or Batman and say, "Look! A woman!" Then it will be like Night of the Walking Dead. They won't leave you alone.

Stop reading my mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 06:42 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,725,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie55 View Post
All jokes aside, and spare me the "you don't want that", clingy =stalker etc.

I've come to the conclusion that if I'm being so desperate to find a serious relationship and a serious guy (as I've mentioned in another post) then I should probably find a clingy guy.
'cause honestly?I have no problem with spending every available moment with my guy or being asked where I am all the time (of course as long as its out of worry...) or having a guy a little jealous...sure beats a guy who doesn't give a f*ck about me,how I'm doing or who I'm with.
And at least I know that a clingy guy will still be there in the morning when I wake up.
At least I'm not gonna have to worry and think "oh damn, I slept with him...now I'm DEFINITELY not gonna hear from him again.*bangs head against wall*

The problem is...how do I find one?its not like they have lables on their forehead saying "jerk" "player" "clingy""abusive" etc.
How and where can I find a clingy guy??do I just date everyone that offers and hope I win the lottery??
Are you looking for a stage 10 clinger or a stage 5 clinger? I seriously can't believe you're asking this question. I don't think you going to find that as easily as you would like.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:47 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,336,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie55 View Post
All jokes aside, and spare me the "you don't want that", clingy =stalker etc.

I've come to the conclusion that if I'm being so desperate to find a serious relationship and a serious guy (as I've mentioned in another post) then I should probably find a clingy guy.
'cause honestly?I have no problem with spending every available moment with my guy or being asked where I am all the time (of course as long as its out of worry...) or having a guy a little jealous...sure beats a guy who doesn't give a f*ck about me,how I'm doing or who I'm with.
And at least I know that a clingy guy will still be there in the morning when I wake up.
At least I'm not gonna have to worry and think "oh damn, I slept with him...now I'm DEFINITELY not gonna hear from him again.*bangs head against wall*

The problem is...how do I find one?its not like they have lables on their forehead saying "jerk" "player" "clingy""abusive" etc.
How and where can I find a clingy guy??do I just date everyone that offers and hope I win the lottery??
Do you do a lot of the approaching/initiation? That would be a way to get more dates/interactions, instead of limiting your opportunities to those that come to you. Getting the information you want will require getting to know someone before you can decide if they offer the qualities you're seeking.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:01 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,211,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
That's easy. Walk into a comic book store. All these men will look up from their copy of Captain America or Batman and say, "Look! A woman!" Then it will be like Night of the Walking Dead. They won't leave you alone.
You really know nothing about nerds. They'd probably be to shy and anxious to even talk to her.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:29 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
You really know nothing about nerds. They'd probably be to shy and anxious to even talk to her.
This is why ladies need to ask nerds out.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:11 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,417,185 times
There is a difference between clingy and loyal.

Someone who's clingy will make you run the other way.

Someone who's committed and loyal- wakes up next to you in the morning, texts you when they get to work, picks you up or drops you off anywhere, someone who wants to be around you often, doesn't necessarily equate to clingy.

If you find someone like that, you may be in luck but doesn't mean they are right for you.

Chemistry and compatibility cannot be forced. They're hard to come by. Random chance and synchronicity can be the most ideal way of running into that special person.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:13 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
Clingy is good. I like it.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:20 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I actually enjoy myself not being clingy. I Like her having her own life and friends. It makes the time she and I would spend have more enthusiasm.
Me too. Too clingy = goodbye in my book.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:48 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,174,703 times
Directed towards the OP…

Why in the world would you want a clingy guy?
In my opinion? Clingy guys have issues like insecurity and the inability to be happy on their own hence the need to be around you all of the time! They depend on you for their happiness, that is a high price to pay imho!

A guy who does not ask where you are every minute of the day? A guy who has his own thing going, like concentrating on his daily work, loves his family and spends time with them, has a close circle of friends he hangs out with..is attractive..to me.
Jealousy? What do you mean by this? If another guy looks at you, he is going to get visibly upset? Who wants that?
I call the kind of men you do not care for confident and within the norm.

I myself am not clingy, I do not care for clingy men at ALL.
The way I feel?
1. Life is too short to be wondering where your SO is. If they say they are at work? At their parents house, with their friends? Ok, I am not going to blow up their phone or do circles around their home until they get home.

I feel unless they give you a reason to suspect something out of the norm? Why expend such negative energy? Getting yourself worked up over something that may or may not be happening/ That to me is a miserable existence.
2. I have no respect for consistent questions that are validations when there is no need.
3. I have no respect for men that are hot heads and feel threatened by every male looking at their “girl” It is childish behavior..

Another thing, the clinginess will get worse and the behavior will amplify as the relationship continues and I for one am not going to be responsible for someone else’s happiness..

Good luck to you and be careful what you wish for.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:10 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,417,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr74 View Post

Good luck to you and be careful what you wish for.
Xactly what I was thinkin'

Seems benign at first. Then the suffocation and possessiveness turned into victim can be realllly

*frazzling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships