Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 10:06 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,679,197 times

Advertisements

What do you guys mean when you say you want somebody with a great personality?

Are you talking about being very confident and a smooth talker? Or do you just mean somebody who is extremely nice to you who treats you the right way without being insecure or clingy in any way? IE a guy who can make you feel like he genuinely cares about you? Or is it a combination of the 2?

I ask because 4 or 5 friends of mine came over on Sunday and one of my friends said (In reference to something I was doing to help a friend) - "Dave is just about the nicest person you'll ever meet". That made me feel really great inside. I've gotten that many times in my life and every time it just puts a giant smile on my face and in my heart
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 10:13 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
It is usually has a lot to do with how we click -- if we can chat it up, that's a good start.

Some combo of interesting, a great conversationalist and easy to talk to. Plus well-rear or intellectually curious or anything else that leads to the ability to converse on a wide range of topics.

For some people it also means dry humor or sarcasm. On others it means story telling ability. For others it is related to being attentive and caring.

But there are many possible combos that lead to a great personality!

Old 12-03-2012, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
It is usually has a lot to do with how we click -- if we can chat it up, that's a good start.

Some combo of interesting, a great conversationalist and easy to talk to. Plus well-rear or intellectually curious or anything else that leads to the ability to converse on a wide range of topics.

For some people it also means dry humor or sarcasm. On others it means story telling ability. For others it is related to being attentive and caring.

But there are many possible combos that lead to a great personality!

You don't place a huge emphasis on a man who can make you feel like he cares about you?

Old 12-03-2012, 10:19 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
If she barely knows this guy, why would he care about her? Dude, women like masculine men. Focus on displaying masculine traits, and you will attract women like crazy. Keep asking women for dating advice, and you will never get laid again.

P.S. WHen a woman says you are nice, what it really means is that you are not manly enough for her and you would make a great emotional tampon but will never, ever sleep with her. Its an insult, not a compliment.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
If she barely knows this guy, why would he care about her? Dude, women like masculine men. Focus on displaying masculine traits, and you will attract women like crazy. Keep asking women for dating advice, and you will never get laid again.

P.S. WHen a woman says you are nice, what it really means is that you are not manly enough for her and you would make a great emotional tampon but will never, ever sleep with her. Its an insult, not a compliment.

I think really in all facets of life, making people feel like you care about them is the biggest key to success. That's the biggest reason why I am so great at both making friends and my job of selling cars (which is nothing more than talking to people). People know that I am extremely genuine and that I don't jerk them around and that I enjoy talking to them without any ulterior motive

As far as that whole "nice guy" wimpy nonsense you're talking about. I've never been a wimpy nice guy or anything like that, did you not read the parts where I told you I'm an amateur bodybuilder? My heros in life are Arnold and the Rock for god's sake

Old 12-03-2012, 10:24 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
What do you guys mean when you say you want somebody with a great personality?

Are you talking about being very confident and a smooth talker? Or do you just mean somebody who is extremely nice to you who treats you the right way without being insecure or clingy in any way? IE a guy who can make you feel like he genuinely cares about you? Or is it a combination of the 2?

I ask because 4 or 5 friends of mine came over on Sunday and one of my friends said (In reference to something I was doing to help a friend) - "Dave is just about the nicest person you'll ever meet". That made me feel really great inside. I've gotten that many times in my life and every time it just puts a giant smile on my face and in my heart
I like a guy who is confident (as in not afraid of me or women) who makes me feel like he genuinely cares about me. When you say "smooth talker" I think player, and I dislike them.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:29 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,122 times

Old 12-03-2012, 10:30 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
You don't place a huge emphasis on a man who can make you feel like he cares about you?
That is more important later, when I get to know you and we have some sort of relationship. At first glance it is all about conversation and if we mesh.

But absolutely signs of caring are good. But you can easily demonstrate these, before you care for me in particular. Via your actions towards your friends, family and even pets. And of course strangers.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:31 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
Quote:
I think really in all facets of life, making people feel like you care about them is the biggest key to success. That's the biggest reason why I am so great at both making friends and my job of selling cars (which is nothing more than talking to people). People know that I am extremely genuine and that I don't jerk them around and that I enjoy talking to them without any ulterior motive

As far as that whole "nice guy" wimpy nonsense you're talking about. I've never been a wimpy nice guy or anything like that, did you not read the parts where I told you I'm an amateur bodybuilder? My heros in life are Arnold and the Rock for god's sake
Arnold is your hero? Nice. I dont know if youre wimpy or not, ill take your word for it that you arent. My point was, that when you are called nice by a woman you may have interest in, that usualy means youre wasting time and youd be better off moving on.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Arnold is your hero? Nice. I dont know if youre wimpy or not, ill take your word for it that you arent. My point was, that when you are called nice by a woman you may have interest in, that usualy means youre wasting time and youd be better off moving on.

My friend who said that was a guy, not a girl homie

And yes Arnold's my hero....huuuuuge fan of his
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships