Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2012, 03:47 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,679,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
You don't strike me that way at all. You keep insisting you are well-liked and popular (not to mention good-looking and educated), yet you cannot get a girl to show any interest in you.

Then obviously that's not enough, right?

It's clear that good looking/successful/driven/intelligent/friendly/great character is not nearly enough. There's a certain X Factor trait that I'm missing that I need to get in order to attract women, my job is to find out what that is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Nope. I'm not kidding you. If you are so awesome, good looking, sincere, nice, etc. - and EVERYONE loves you - then why don't you have a girlfriend?

I'm just missing something, maybe a certain series of traits that makes me very unappealing to women when I'm first talking to them

Old 12-14-2012, 03:50 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,801,620 times
Default Just

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
Women say damn near every form of approaching them is a terrible idea

Don't approach her at work - you could get fired
Don't approach her where she works - she's just trying to earn money and doesn't care about you
Don't approach her at the gym - she's just trying to work out
Don't approach her at the bar/club - she's just there to have fun with her friends
Don't approach her on the street - it's creepy
Don't approach her at every other location imaginable because of X, Y and Z reasons

So what's going on here? Do 99.99% of people just find their partner through their small social circle? Are you doomed to be alone if you don't have any friends who know single girls?

I don't mean to sound bitter in the slightest bit, just curious what one is supposed to do

Don't approach those types of females. They're doing you a favor, and when they're older and still single and wonder why they are still not in a relationship or married, hopefully they can look back and see how stand offish they were. Just go to the next one; life is about lessons-- hits and misses. You're going to miss your target most of the time, but that makes hitting it all the better

Old 12-14-2012, 03:51 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Perhaps you seem as unhappy and resentful in real life as you do here. Those are massive turnoffs.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Perhaps you seem as unhappy and resentful in real life as you do here. Those are massive turnoffs.

Not at all. I have nothing to be unhappy or resentful about in real life

I'm actually very very grateful for what I have and what I have been given. If one aspect of my life (dating) is a complete catastrophe but the rest of my life is going as well as I could have possibly hoped for, then I think things are still going great overall

Old 12-14-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekingcreativity View Post
Don't approach those types of females. They're doing you a favor, and when they're older and still single and wonder why they are still not in a relationship or married, hopefully they can look back and see how stand offish they were. Just go to the next one; life is about lessons-- hits and misses. You're going to miss your target most of the time, but that makes hitting it all the better

Good post sir

Just gotta brush off the women who are rude I guess

Old 12-14-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dimwit View Post
Ok, you're right.

Women are evil, manipulative creatures who can snap their scrawny little fingers and get any man they want.
Women love to see us men squirm while we hope for a chance of being in a relationship with them.
Women cannot stand men, and only allow us in their lives because they need something.
Women don't like being approached by men, and prefer to talk to a brick wall instead.
Women want certain qualities in men then deny men with said qualities--and they joke about it later with other women.
Etc. Etc.

How is that for truth?

--Dim

Perfect post right there

Old 12-14-2012, 04:04 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Nope. I'm not kidding you. If you are so awesome, good looking, sincere, nice, etc. - and EVERYONE loves you - then why don't you have a girlfriend? It seems that the only possible answer in your mind is that it's everyone else's fault and there is no possible way for you to get a girlfriend. Yet TONS of guys have girlfriends and wives.
I have a feeling he comes off as desperate without really realizing it. Most women don't respond well to pushy men.

Either that, or he's not as good looking or well-liked as he seems to think.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I have a feeling he comes off as desperate without really realizing it. Most women don't respond well to pushy men.

That used to be part of the problem but I've worked very hard on eliminating that

Now I just try to act myself. The nice thing is that I've made a lot more female friends over the last year than before (I have now 2 friends who are single girls as well as all my friends' girlfriends, wives and sisters all love me) but it hasn't helped me at all in my dating life

Old 12-14-2012, 04:15 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

Either that, or he's not as good looking or well-liked as he seems to think.
I think you are both right.

OP I get the feeling you don't have a lot of self reflection, that you actually think you are better than you really are. On this forum you come across as entitled, whiny and kind of petulant. And at the age of 23 you really seem utterly desperate which is highly unpleasant to watch in here, I can only imagine how yucky it is in real life.

Maybe you should take a break from all the women stuff and just enjoy your life as it is instead of constantly whinging about your lack of action.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships