Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 03:01 PM

977 posts, read 1,815,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
Not really, I have 2 free days a week and need the time to recover, relax and do errands
Alrighty then. You don't want to step outside your comfort zone and make any effort. And that's women's faults of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 03:02 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Quote:
It's a pretty incredible world where men have to do something they have no interest in just to meet somebody...yet any woman can walk 5 feet outside of her house and find a date in seconds
As my mom says, there is no such thing as boredom, just boring people. If you can't find anything that interests you, I think that's on you.

As for "a date in seconds" ... riiiiight. That totally happens.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:03 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
Finally, somebody who gets it!

Oh I get it! I get that you are a complainer who blames everyone else and shoots down any advice that might help you. How many more threads are you going to start about this stuff? Instead of getting all this negative attention here - why not spend your time trying to get positive attention in real life? Why not spend your time trying to improve on your dating skills instead of coming on here and lamenting how hopeless it is for men? Gee - I'm married so obviously it wasn't hopeless for at least 1 man!

Old 12-14-2012, 03:03 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,942,753 times
Quote:
Women say damn near every form of approaching them is a terrible idea

Don't approach her at work - you could get fired
Don't approach her where she works - she's just trying to earn money and doesn't care about you
Don't approach her at the gym - she's just trying to work out
Don't approach her at the bar/club - she's just there to have fun with her friends
Don't approach her on the street - it's creepy
Don't approach her at every other location imaginable because of X, Y and Z reasons

So what's going on here? Do 99.99% of people just find their partner through their small social circle? Are you doomed to be alone if you don't have any friends who know single girls?

I don't mean to sound bitter in the slightest bit, just curious what one is supposed to do

You obviously don't listen to a word of advice people give you. Go away

This thread is stupid and not close to being correct. The only advice people give you is to start approaching women. You're just a weak loser who's too afraid to talk to a girl.

Go buy a hooker, actually you'll probably be too afraid to talk to her.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:04 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,679,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos Quarterback View Post
Alrighty then. You don't want to step outside your comfort zone and make any effort.

I can make plenty of effort, I just value my free time tremendously because I work so hard at my job.

BTW I don't know anybody who had to go into volunteering/social club/etc... to find somebody, that's only a phenomenon that's common in this forum that's really baffling me

Old 12-14-2012, 03:05 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,224,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos Quarterback View Post
That's funny, but pretty ordinary. Anybody with a self-effacing type of humor can pull this off. I said something like that when I first met my last GF and I'm def no comedian.
I think it depends on the person. Self-effacing doesn't work for me.

I go for cute and flirty. I smile a lot, say flattering things, bust balls a little bit (very little bit), and I throw out cocky comments here and there.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:07 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,679,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
I think it depends on the person. Self-effacing doesn't work for me.

I go for cute and flirty. I smile a lot, say flattering things, bust balls a little bit (very little bit), and I throw out cocky comments here and there.

I just focus on being nice and genuine towards people. Listen to what they say, have interesting conversations on topics that they enjoy, make sure that I'm not just talking to them because I have some ulterior motive, but because I enjoy and respect their company

Apparently that's not enough nowadays, you have to be a standup comic

Old 12-14-2012, 03:09 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
This is your problem right here--a completely exaggerated and defeatist attitude. A sense of humor is good. Most people like that, but nobody said that you have to be a stand-up comic.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:09 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
I just focus on being nice and genuine towards people. Listen to what they say, have interesting conversations on topics that they enjoy, make sure that I'm not just talking to them because I have some ulterior motive, but because I enjoy and respect their company

Yes - you are correct. Only stand up comics are capable of getting girlfriends. You sure do know how to interpret people's comments and advice! That's exactly what they are implying! There's really no hope for you.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:10 PM

406 posts, read 1,039,751 times
Quote:
Are you doomed to be alone if you don't have any friends who know single girls?

Yes, you are. You have to know at least one girl, so she can introduce you to her friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships