Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 02:50 PM

344 posts, read 396,196 times

Advertisements

I will give you a real-life story that took place a few months ago. My fitness center has this separate room they call Cardiac Theater. Out in the fitness center lobby they have a sign posting the name of the film being shown that day. One evening I was sitting in the lobby waiting to cool off after a work-out when some guy came through the door, stopped to look at the name of the movie featured (it was the film 50/50), and then quietly joked to me, "Is that the name of the movie, or the odds that I'll survive my work-out?" I could not help but giggle.

In speaking one three second sentence he showed that he was personable, humorous, and was self-effacingly modest. I may not have instantaneously fallen in love with him, but he made it all but impossible for me to be harsh or abrupt. And I still remember the moment, obviously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 02:53 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,679,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieGal View Post

In speaking one three second sentence he showed that he was personable, humorous, and was self-effacingly modest. I may not have instantaneously fallen in love with him, but he made it all but impossible for me to be harsh or abrupt. And I still remember the moment, obviously.

A man's dating value to you is his ability to come up with a witty one liner on the spot?

Old 12-14-2012, 02:54 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
A man's dating value to you is his ability to come up with a witty one liner on the spot?
Not entirely, of course, but a quick wit is pretty dang attractive.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:57 PM

977 posts, read 1,815,637 times
Quote:
These aren't bad choices but nothing I really have the energy and desire for

It's a pretty incredible world where men have to do something they have no interest in just to meet somebody...yet any woman can walk 5 feet outside of her house and find a date in seconds
Now you're just making excuses. You don't want to do sports clubs and volunteering? What, you don't want to help the world and have fun, and compete? Yeah right, women can just walk 5 ft outside You know, they do it have it easier, but at the same time, they have to do stuff like this to meet an SO too. Not too many people meet an SO via the street.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Not entirely, of course, but a quick wit is pretty dang attractive.

I have a lot of fun when I interact with people but I can't do the silly one liners

For some reason, it never stopped me from having a million friends but I guess you need to be a standup comic to get a girlfriend

Old 12-14-2012, 02:58 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,991 times
Quote:
Not necessarily. I'm not really witty and I do okay.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos Quarterback View Post
You don't want to do sports clubs and volunteering?
Not really, I have 2 free days a week and need the time to recover, relax and do errands

Old 12-14-2012, 02:59 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
I'm trying to set myself up financially for the future and I already have a degree anyways, I can't waste time going back to school

Religion is a complete fraud

Not a bad choice for those who believe in that fraud however

These aren't bad choices but nothing I really have the energy and desire for

It's a pretty incredible world where men have to do something they have no interest in just to meet somebody...yet any woman can walk 5 feet outside of her house and find a date in seconds
Quote:
Yup - men have it so hard. All a woman has to do is walk outside her door - and there are 20 wonderful men on bended knee waiting to propose!

And there are no ways for you to approach women and there is nothing that will work. All men say this. Yup.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:59 PM

977 posts, read 1,815,637 times
Quote:
That's funny, but pretty ordinary. Anybody with a self-effacing type of humor can pull this off. I said something like that when I first met my last GF and I'm def no comedian.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Yup - men have it so hard. All a woman has to do is walk outside her door - and there are 20 wonderful men on bended knee waiting to propose!

And there are no ways for you to approach women and there is nothing that will work. All men say this. Yup.

Finally, somebody who gets it!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships