Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2013, 08:51 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
You are wrong in so many levels here!! How dare you say a single parent is damaged goods!! The world is not perfect, relationships are not perfect things happen which cause someone to be a single parent!!

I'm a single parent and I'm going a hell of alot further than my friends who are married or who have no kids! Single parents are strong people we deal with situations that a two parent house hold find difficult and we do it with a smile on our face and love in our hearts.

You should be ashamed if yourselves for judging what you clearly know nothing about.
You should be ashamed of worrying more about dating than the welfare of your children.

Now you see how silly this whole thing is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 09:09 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,270,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
You should be ashamed of worrying more about dating than the welfare of your children.

Now you see how silly this whole thing is?
I don't date, I have a responsibility to my son, thanks for the concern though

Old 01-02-2013, 09:14 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
Quote:
I don't date, I have a responsibility to my son, thanks for the concern though
Then why are you so concerned with who a guy a whole ocean away from you in Virginia dates?

Old 01-02-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Then why are you so concerned with who a guy a whole ocean away from you in Virginia dates?
I'd rather not respond to you as you are a pain in the but!!

I don't care who anyone dates that's up to them.

My point is single parents should not all be ruled out we each have different circumstances, so why should we be classified as the same? We also should not be looked down on because we have children. Everyone makes the best of their own situation and I feel I can make as much out of life as someone without a kid can, if not more as I have a more important reason and that is to support my son and myself.

Also we don't always look for a white knight to come and fix our problems. Women who use men as a stand in daddy to support them financially don't rate high in my opinion. It was our choice to have the kids so we have the responsibility to make sure they have the best we can provide for them with or without a mans help.

Happy now? Or have you got something else to say?

Old 01-02-2013, 09:47 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
Quote:
I'd rather not respond to you as you are a pain in the but!!

I don't care who anyone dates that's up to them.

My point is single parents should not all be ruled out we each have different circumstances, so why should we be classified as the same? We also should not be looked down on because we have children. Everyone makes the best of their own situation and I feel I can make as much out of life as someone without a kid can, if not more as I have a more important reason and that is to support my son and myself.

Also we don't always look for a white knight to come and fix our problems. Women who use men as a stand in daddy to support them financially don't rate high in my opinion. It was our choice to have the kids so we have the responsibility to make sure they have the best we can provide for them with or without a mans help.

Happy now? Or have you got something else to say?
First, you mispelled butt.

Second, it is totally my discretion who I rule out for dating purposes. I have single parents who are good friends but I will not date them because they have kids. It is no different than having really good friends who are men who I don't date because I do not want to date men. You are seeming to get real upset because I would rule you out for dating purposes as a single parent but you would probably not want to date me anyway because I do not like kids. If that is so, why are you so upset since we'd likely not want to date each other anyway?

Old 01-02-2013, 09:57 AM

1,406 posts, read 2,723,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Why are kids a deal-breaker for you? I notice this more with men who won't date single mothers, although it can happen with women not dating single dads as well. Is it because the kids themselves drive you nuts and you don't like having them around? Or is it for financial reasons, because you fear that your significant other would guilt you into helping financially support a kid who is not yours? Or is there some other reason i have not thought of?
It really depends on the child's other parent. A single dad I dated was still fighting with the child's mother, dealing with going to court, etc. That's not something many people want to be a part of... constant fighting/stress and legal battles.

The second single dad I dated was only trying to find a 'mommy' for his son. He traveled a lot for work and was tired of leaving the child with the grandma.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
First, you mispelled butt.

Second, it is totally my discretion who I rule out for dating purposes. I have single parents who are good friends but I will not date them because they have kids. It is no different than having really good friends who are men who I don't date because I do not want to date men. You are seeming to get real upset because I would rule you out for dating purposes as a single parent but you would probably not want to date me anyway because I do not like kids. If that is so, why are you so upset since we'd likely not want to date each other anyway?

I don't use the word BUTT!! So i was not paying attention....although I thought it was better than what I wanted to use

You are the most infuriating man ever!! I've answered this how many times? How can a straight guy compare dating a single mum to dating a man lol??? I don't get it........anyway I think that by ruling out single parents you are ruling out a lot of good people. How can you not like kids lol? Seriously I just have to laugh now there's so many closed minded people its unreal but that's THEIR choice.

I can't have this same conversation with you lol I get more chat from my amazing 2year old son

I think you just like trying to annoy me

Old 01-02-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
You are seeming to get real upset because I would rule you out for dating purposes as a single parent but you would probably not want to date me anyway because I do not like kids. If that is so, why are you so upset since we'd likely not want to date each other anyway?
I think we would be at war with each other lol

Old 01-02-2013, 10:18 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,452,721 times
For the last couple of years, I have been pretty dead set against dating single fathers. I was widowed at the age of 34 and since I was so rudely dumped back into the dating pool, I felt entitled to be selfish about it. I did not want to have to schedule dates around custody schedules nor did I want to deal with baby mama drama. It's still not my first choice, but the truth is a love kids and something happened last week that made me realize how much I still want a family of my own, but at 39, that's not looking very likely as I am self-aware enough to know I simply do not have what it takes to intentionally become a single parent. So, long story short, I'm not going to rule someone out simply because he has a kid.

My fear is becoming too attached to the kid and not having the relationship work out.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
For the last couple of years, I have been pretty dead set against dating single fathers. I was widowed at the age of 34 and since I was so rudely dumped back into the dating pool, I felt entitled to be selfish about it. I did not want to have to schedule dates around custody schedules nor did I want to deal with baby mama drama. It's still not my first choice, but the truth is a love kids and something happened last week that made me realize how much I still want a family of my own, but at 39, that's not looking very likely as I am self-aware enough to know I simply do not have what it takes to intentionally become a single parent. So, long story short, I'm not going to rule someone out simply because he has a kid.

My fear is becoming too attached to the kid and not having the relationship work out.
Hey,

I think you have a very valid point, in my experience (before I became a parent) dating a man with a kid was tricky, I was never involved in that part of his life so I didn't worry about becoming attached, but the mother was a nightmare she intentionally went out her way to make his life hell by withholding the child. When he did see his child it was once a week for a few hours so we had loads of time together.

I think its different dating a single mother than it is a father, with my experience the mother held all the power and used it therefore made things difficult but there are a lot of single parents who don't come with drama
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships