Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 03:49 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaKendall View Post
I'm a SAHM now but up til then I always worked a regular job, and let me say, I had WAY more energy when I worked a normal job as opposed to being a SAHM. There is nothing more draining than dealing with kids.

Being tired or stressed is no excuse. If he doesn't want to fulfill his duties as a husband, then you should request an open marriage.
I'm not going to cheat on him. That's a rather insensitive comment in my mind.

Sorry - not trying to sound rude, and I get what you're saying, but I'm NOWHERE near that point yet.

Last edited by CrueRulz; 01-02-2013 at 04:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 04:15 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,043,463 times
Quote:
I'm a SAHM now but up til then I always worked a regular job, and let me say, I had WAY more energy when I worked a normal job as opposed to being a SAHM. There is nothing more draining than dealing with kids.

Being tired or stressed is no excuse. If he doesn't want to fulfill his duties as a husband, then you should request an open marriage.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:44 PM
Cow

153 posts, read 202,907 times
Quote:

Do you ever stop and think? If someone ever told me that, I'd tell them you don't have to worry about an open marriage because you're about to be single again.

When I worked on a farm, some nights I'd come home DRAINED! Sometimes the only thing on my mind was sleep, I didn't even care if I ate dinner or not. If my wife came at me with the open marriage line after busting my ass all day, it wouldn't be pretty.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:55 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
Stress can be a mood killer. Also have bloodwork done for low T. Ex had it and it was quickly fixed with injections but now they have creams

Old 01-02-2013, 07:21 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,237,878 times
Quote:
... Being tired or stressed is no excuse. If he doesn't want to fulfill his duties as a husband, then you should request an open marriage.
JFC! He's "fulfilling his duties" a few times a week, just not every night. If I told you that I wanted sex every night but my wife only wanted it every OTHER night, would you suggest that I should have an open marriage? Gawd!

And I think that's the thing here, OP. The average couple your age probably has sex weekly or 2x week. If your problem was monthly, I'd suggest a testosterone check, but I don't think the problem is with him as much as it is with you. To expect it daily with work and kids is kind of pie-in-the-sky wishing, imho. Yes, I've been there as late as mid-50s, but not daily, year after year. That's fairly unusual for couples in your stage of life and careers.

I'm older and have had some medical issues over the years that have led to low T. In years past I've taken hormone shots to normalize it, but this past year I quit taking them. This is the first time in my life when I've been the one who had the lesser sex drive. It's let me see married sex in a whole different light! It's not that I don't think my wife is a hottie, and it's not that I don't enjoy sex, but I can take it or leave it right now. Usually I'd just as soon leave it. It's hormones. Fatigue and stress do the same thing.

I'd just try the little things for now. And for gosh sakes, lock that bedroom door! Just lock it every night as a habit.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:31 PM

201 posts, read 236,276 times
My libido changed right at about 35 years old. All of the sudden, I just didn't need sex all that often. It's actually kind of a nice change from my teens and 20s when I wanted sex constantly. Now, when I'm in a relationship, I'm good with having sex about 3 times a week, sometimes less. So yeah, I don't think there's anything abnormal about it.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:46 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,390,974 times
Quote:
If he doesn't want to fulfill his duties as a husband, then you should request an open marriage.
LOL! Spoken by someone (I pray) who has never been married and probably never will be.

It has nothing to do with not wanting to "fulfill his duties as a husband." It's a hell of a lot more complicated than that with nuances you'd never remotely grasp. The male libido diminishes as they age, women's get stronger. Sure, there are exceptions to this rule, but it's often true.

Most women get their knickers in a twist and moan, "he doesn't want me! He doesn't love me! I'm not sexy anymore!" It has nothing to do with that. For the OP: you're still having sex every couple of days which is more than most people with kids and who have been together 10 years. That probably is no consolation to you, but many women live in no sex marriages because their husband can't get it up or has zero interest. This is very common, just not discussed much here.

Read this if you don't believe it:

Help for Sex-Starved Wives - TIME

Old 01-03-2013, 06:50 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,499 times
Thanks again for all the information.

I wonder if my sky-high libido lately is just because I finally have more time to myself during the day, and haven't in a while.

I'll be fine, we'll be fine! The low T thing might have some merit, but I won't even worry about that yet, unless I can casually bring it up next time I know he has an appt w/his doctor.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:21 PM

108 posts, read 174,414 times
Step 1: Recognize that the libidos of two people rarely match up 100% of the time and be content to take care of yourself on occasion (he's almost certainly been doing this throughout your relationship, so turnabout is fair play now that your libido is higher)

Step 2: Have a frank discussion with him about your sexual needs not being met (emphasizing that this is of considerable import to you) and request an increase in sex or at least some participation on his part when you're handling your own business (which will likely lead to more sex)

Old 01-03-2013, 03:09 PM

27,345 posts, read 27,400,159 times
For some, its just age. Maybe this doesnt apply to all but I personally know of a few couples, where the guy is on meds and cant take stuff to make him 'desire' his wife/gf. For some its no big deal, if they only have their intimacy once a month, so be it. She isnt going to cheat him, especially if she's at the age where it doesnt matter that much either. The important thing, in their lives, according to what they tell me, is they have each other and what if one were (gawd forbid) one was in a horrible accident and couldnt perform anymore anyway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships