Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 05:12 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,142,748 times

Advertisements

I'd prefer she stay out of the kitchen and away from the laundry....if you want it done right, do it yourself applies here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 05:19 PM

50,403 posts, read 64,129,909 times
I think what the underlying question is here is- is a woman who can't or won't cook going to be able to properly feed and nurture your children?
I understand that some women aren't interested in cooking, and also do not care to be responsible for feeding another perfectly capable adult. But if a woman is not willing to take at least half the responsibility of making healthy food for the family, she's just plain lazy.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:22 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,905,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I think what the underlying question is here is- is a woman who can't or won't cook going to be able to properly feed and nurture your children?
I understand that some women aren't interested in cooking, and also do not care to be responsible for feeding another perfectly capable adult. But if a woman is not willing to take at least half the responsibility of making healthy food for the family, she's just plain lazy.
Cooking can be shared by both people. It has nothing to do with taking care of kids (though in this day and age most moms work and I would if I had kids). If both people work, they should share unless one person likes cooking and the other doesn't.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:24 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,165,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Depends....many working women simply don't have the time for cooking. My mother worked a full time job as a media conultant and PR specalist...she usually came home around 8 and my dad around 9...so the maid prepared dinner. However, that was in Asia, where maids are affordable and most of the middle or even lower-middle class families have one...in the States only the really rich can afford service like that, so two working parents will have to find some way of keeping their kids fed working nights. Unfortunately, this has lead to the rise of take out and processed fast food that is convenient to buy for the family when one is exhausted at the end of a long day...such is modern society.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:07 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,963,732 times
I don't mind... but it's preferable. I like cooking, but it's more fun with a girl that knows how to cook.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:18 PM

52,338 posts, read 52,799,906 times
We're both foodie types so its pretty important to me... I wouldn't say it's a deal breaker though...

Old 01-03-2013, 06:50 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,536,510 times
In all honesty I wouldn't mind finding a woman who would be perfectly happy waiting on me hand and foot but I know that's not too terribly likely here in the states and anyway it's practically impossible on a single income nowadays. Still though, I expect a woman to at least know her way around a kitchen the same as I'd expect any self-respecting man to know his way around a garage. I'm an ok cook myself and would gladly share in the culinary duties so it wouldn't be a feminist nightmare or anything.

Last edited by DTL3000; 01-03-2013 at 07:13 PM.. Reason: would=wouldn't

Old 01-03-2013, 06:51 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,020,256 times
I don't like cooking in general, but I enjoy cooking for a guy. Even better if we can cook together.

I've never had a guy care about cooking (I never cooked when I was younger).

Old 01-03-2013, 06:55 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,744,483 times
Many years ago at college, a friends girlfriend summed it up best.

"You gotta either give them sex or give them food."

I would always be glad when my girlfriend showed up with cookies or snacks. But I was really fired up when she showed up empty handed!!!

Old 01-03-2013, 07:00 PM

175 posts, read 315,721 times
I am Sicilian, my wife is English, Scotch and Welsh. After the first meal she cooked for me when we were married I said, "Honey you cook like a white girl. Let me take care of the cooking". Worked for 24 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships