Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2013, 08:44 AM

632 posts, read 1,031,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordyloves View Post
Guys: Do you really mind if a girl can't cook? Does it really bother y'all that much? Seriously, is food that big a deal?
Doesnt bother me at all. In fact, her cooking ability is not even on the radar of things I find important.

I can cook myself and I eat what I find is healthy so her actually not being able to cook is a plus in my book. Never have to worry about coming home to find huge unhealthy dinner that she made.

Last edited by Capablanca; 01-04-2013 at 08:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 10:56 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,346,689 times
Yes, I do mind. I love being cooked for.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:11 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,154,951 times
I don't think many men are that fussed to be honest, it's nice if they can but nothing to worry about if they can't.

When my wife and I first started living together, before we were married, between us we could burn water and scare bread. Rather than go out some nights we'd stay home and torture food, it was great. We learned together, happily destroying meal after meal and having fun as we went.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:28 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
I don't think many men are that fussed to be honest, it's nice if they can but nothing to worry about if they can't.

When my wife and I first started living together, before we were married, between us we could burn water and scare bread. Rather than go out some nights we'd stay home and torture food, it was great. We learned together, happily destroying meal after meal and having fun as we went.
This is a great story! Thanks for sharing.

Women don't reject guys if they don't know how to service a car or do handyman work around the house. They hire mechanics and handymen to fill the bill. (What a concept--hiring someone!) In a marriage, the only thing you shouldn't have to hire out for is sex. Considering how difficult it is for people to find someone compatible, sane, caring, honest, with mutual interests and values (not to mention that all-important factor: matched libidos!), I would think cooking would be insignificant on the list of priorities. It's rare and miraculous enough that people do manage to match all the other stuff up. It seems unnecessarily limiting to put another requirement on the list that can be addressed in other ways.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:35 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,674,263 times
It's a problem. She must cook well...it's a requirement.
I'm not spending my life eating crappy food...and I'm not cooking all our meals either.
If she's willing to learn, I'll teach her.
But cooking well is something I'd expect of most everyone.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:39 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,346,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is a great story! Thanks for sharing.

Women don't reject guys if they don't know how to service a car or do handyman work around the house. They hire mechanics and handymen to fill the bill. (What a concept--hiring someone!) In a marriage, the only thing you shouldn't have to hire out for is sex. Considering how difficult it is for people to find someone compatible, sane, caring, honest, with mutual interests and values (not to mention that all-important factor: matched libidos!), I would think cooking would be insignificant on the list of priorities. It's rare and miraculous enough that people do manage to match all the other stuff up. It seems unnecessarily limiting to put another requirement on the list that can be addressed in other ways.
No, women only reject men if they aren't a certain height, don't own a car, or don't make enough money. We all have our preferences.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:39 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,736,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inebriated duck View Post
scotch? So she's partially a whiskey? Nice.

But yes i understand completely...anglo saxon cooking is not.. Inspired, like mediterranean or french cooking is. Too much time spent conquering britannia, not enough time learning how not to over cook a steak or fry everything...because heaven knows the animal wasn't dead enough.

lol!

Old 01-04-2013, 11:41 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times
I went out with a guy once who was older than me and didn't know how to cook. (After asking me if I can cook) He said he thought it was the woman's job to cook and didn't bother learning because his mom cooked and his ex-wife did too.

I thought that was a really good reason not to go out with him again. Who knows what other gender stereotypes were lurking back there.....

Old 01-04-2013, 11:43 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,196,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post

Perfect! My husband could not cook when we moved in together. We have all sorts of fun stories of the learning process. And my learning to gracefully eat the nastiness he prepared. What a fun journey. Now he totally rocks in the kitchen.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:43 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I went out with a guy once who was older than me and didn't know how to cook. (After asking me if I can cook) He said he thought it was the woman's job to cook and didn't bother learning because his mom cooked and his ex-wife did too.

I thought that was a really good reason not to go out with him again. Who knows what other gender stereotypes were lurking back there.....
Just curious: so how did he feed himself after his divorce?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships