Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2013, 10:45 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,674,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'm an excellent cook...it hasn't helped me at all in the dating world. In a world of microwaved foodstuffs, I just don't think most men think it's as important.
I hate microwave food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 10:46 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,021,316 times
Fun thread.

I always tell my wife the way to a man's heart is through his stomach! Of course, I am not serious, but hey, a good meal never hurts either!

My wife is not always the best cook. We have had some, well, interesting experiments. With certain things I am a better cook (although I am no chef either). However, she does try very hard and has been getting progressively better! I love the effort as much as anything.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:50 AM

708 posts, read 879,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
I agree. If the woman is my age, in her 30s, and can't cook, it is a problem. I learned how to cook, because no one was making my food, and eating out all the time is not healthy or financially smart. Those are both qualities I like in women.

It is very simple to find a recipe online, buy the ingredients, and follow directions.

It is even simpler to use a crockpot.

So, yes, I do mind if a woman can't cook.
I've been cooking forever.

While I've been cooking for a long time, I have to dispute that online recipes are always simple. Sure there are a ton of recipes out there, but they are often incomplete or inaccurate. Sometimes you need to add more liquid, or the cooking time is wrong.

I'd invest in a "basic" cookbook, or there are even some good kid cookbooks out there. I also like Cooks Illustrated magazine as it gives very detailed instructions.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:52 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,479,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordyloves View Post
Does it really bother y'all that much? Seriously, is food that big a deal?

It's not that I can't cook. I can, I'm good at baking. It's just I don't like cooking! It takes too long and I'm not patient... AT ALL!

All this crap about the way to a man's heart is food. WTF!

I'd do the cooking for her, so no, doesn't bother me at all.

Old 01-09-2013, 04:48 PM

426 posts, read 559,097 times
Thru the years i had alot of young women work for me and one trend i have noticed is that they dont like to cook (baking aint cookin) but the guys do. The ones that do have been taught by their grandmothers not the mother so i assume they eat out a lot. Both my sons cook and their buddies get together for parties showing off their dishes. Strange very strange.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:23 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,866,695 times
I dunno, it doesn't seem to stop these women from getting married. I get to hear the stories of having mac and cheese, hungry mans, and dollar hamburgers because even the SAHMs can't be bothered to turn on the stove.

I feel really bad for the kids.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:41 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,544,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
I hate microwave food.

Same here my GF & I are trying to get back into shape & that microwaveable food most of it is terrible for you. Besides we both enjoy cooking way too much.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:44 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,057,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy84 View Post
I've been cooking forever.

While I've been cooking for a long time, I have to dispute that online recipes are always simple. Sure there are a ton of recipes out there, but they are often incomplete or inaccurate. Sometimes you need to add more liquid, or the cooking time is wrong.

I'd invest in a "basic" cookbook, or there are even some good kid cookbooks out there. I also like Cooks Illustrated magazine as it gives very detailed instructions.
Basically, what I was trying to say, is that it is easy to find simple recipes, follow instructions, and use a little brain power to figure out if the food needs to cook a little longer.

Online, or go check a few cookbooks out from the library, but not trying is lazy and unacceptable for me.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:09 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,730,962 times
I love good food. And I love it that my wife cooks the food I love.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:20 AM

218 posts, read 483,711 times
I am the major breadwinner (I work full time in the coporate world, my fiance is a bartender/Musician ) so my fiance stays home and cooks/cleans. He will be the stay at home dad when we decide to have children. It's not that I can't cook, I just don't have time. This works well for our family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships