Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 12:14 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,678,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Because they love those manly men (and NOT you Mr. Nice Guy), they would take a beating or two or ... because they feel protected in that relationship, and abuse (as you see it) just proves that guy is a top alpha male who wouldn't let outsiders to abuse or threaten her. You assume by default that all women want that psycho bubble they say that they want. It's not true. Actions are louder than words. Especially actions that are not constrained by status, security and comfort urges that guide mating decisions of older women who had enough of raw masculinity and $aw the light.

You're kidding right?

Abuse and violence = alpha male?

Here is a real alpha male buddy, he wouldn't hurt a fly. Watch this video for how men are supposed to act

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 01:06 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
^^^^^^^^This. I read this thread earlier and didn't have time to compose a well thought-out reply, but yours captures exactly what I wanted to say.
I appreciate your positive comment.......its not well thought out so much, just writing from experience

Old 01-18-2013, 01:43 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,505,093 times
It all boils down to the woman having a low self esteem. Some women (no matter how they look) will think they are the ugliest person in the world because of the way the abusive guy treats them. The men specialize in breaking down their self esteem making them dependent on the man. I knew several women like this. Dont try to save them, it wont work.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:04 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,919,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
Here is a real alpha male buddy, he wouldn't hurt a fly. Watch this video for how men are supposed to act
So "real" alpha males are professional wrestlers? I think you've been watching too much TV. This is one more thing that explains some of the problems you're reporting with the ladies.

Last edited by Plzeň; 01-18-2013 at 03:33 PM..

Old 01-18-2013, 02:24 PM

225 posts, read 344,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
My sister is in one such abusive relationship. I don't know the specifics of how she gets along with her partner/boyfriend, but I really hope he either changes/has changed or she leaves him.
The chances of him leaving (unless he's arrested) are minimal. Please provide love and support to your sister; offer her a safe place to escape to if you can. If you can't, help her find a Battered Women, Domestic Violence, or Rape Hot Line ... they can all help.

If you live close to them, I believe *you* could file a Restraining Order against him. That way, if she was with you, he couldn't come on your property (but that's an issue to determine with a court-appointed lawyer, if you need low-cost assistance). I learned the hard way, but help is there if you ask for it.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:25 PM

947 posts, read 1,186,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
If your a nice guy and you try to attempt to cheat on a woman, she will leave you, if your a nice guy and you try to abuse your girlfriend she will run to the police or if not her brothers so they can beat you up. If she is with an abusove guy who cheats she would not attempt any thing because she wants to make ir work, yes for her its a challange and last she wants to change a bad boy. If your a nice guy looking for a girlfriend, start out by dating single mothers and or fat women. Average American women and nice guys do not mix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomikie92 View Post
Do you think a lot of bad boys are former nice guys?
From the first quote above, it can seem that way, and taking that advice can turn you into one of those abusive morons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Single mothers may get pregnant for the second time, you realize that? Some (if not most) of them hope for the help of some sort, that's why they seek "nice" guys to raise the litter they conceived with "jerks". Fat girls? Are you all freaking serious? Fat girl/woman yells - "hey, I don't give crap what men want or need. Love me as I am or get lost, I have my twinkie". Fat girls are not relationship material, period. Even if you would overcome natural male embarrassment of being (in public) with a hideous woman, being fat is more than hideous looks, it tells a lot about her life priorities and your potential place on the list. It's "natural" for Mr. Nice Guy to take pity on a poor, fat girl nobody loves, remember, it's not nice, it's stupid.
Making fun of someone becuase of their weight or looks is also not nice, and is stupid.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:32 PM

225 posts, read 344,505 times
Question On the Other Hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
Some of these girls are afraid that if they leave, the BF, husband, fiance will end up stalking them and literally beat them to death.

Especially if they have a child with this person.

Sometimes, the one thing they're looking for, i.e., "protection" turns around and beats them in the face.

I've had friends with abusive men, a few, but they were always the more trusting types of girls who really were looking for an escape out of poverty, and hoping that finding a guy to marry them is their ticket out of destitution, when it's quite the opposite.
These are details I did not see earlier. I suggest you possibly make an appt. with a therapist or counselor who would be willing to meet with you to determine what (and why) you are doing to make these poor girls so uneasy.

I assumed you were just shy~~I'm having second thoughts now.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:38 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,586,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
You're kidding right?

Abuse and violence = alpha male?

Many women love abusive tough guys namely because they associate violence with being an alpha male destined to lead the pack (and provide for her precious). Swallowing abuse here and there is a small price to pay to be protected by an alpha ape. It's ridiculous to claim that women make those relationship decisions because they are somehow psychologically damaged or misinformed. They make those decisions because they are normal human females making normal survival decisions and calculating normal trade-offs. Women used to make these sort of "irrational" decisions for countless thousands of years before the liberation.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:42 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,586,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-Man View Post
Making fun of someone becuase of their weight or looks is also not nice, and is stupid.
Fun is the furtherest thing I make.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:51 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,276,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomikie92 View Post
I mean I am 21 years old, and a lot of females my age has problems with a lot of guys. They will stay with him no matter how many times, he has hit her, or he has cheated on her. A lot of times these guys says this. " I am sorry sweety I will never do it again! 2 hours later she catches him with another woman. I mean come on He probably has cheated on you 30 times within the last few days! Thats what a lot of girls my generation and below doesn't get! Below as in 16-20. I mean they always say Oh he will protect me, and I want a challenge, and I can change him! A challenge? They got one! Changing him!? That rarely happens if it does. Protect me? Sure, then that guy will beat on her later on. If not maybe close to one? But she will probably get a yelling. Instead of saying " It's okay hun he won't harm you anymore. If you think about it, more and more females today are being mistreated by their boyfriends, or husbands since the caveman ages. I don't know if its because he tricked her into thinking he is a nice guy, or she just dislikes nice guys.

Its like this in a lot of Christian girls too. I have met many Christian girls that has, or had abusive boyfriends. The church I go too now, I'm not sure. They seem to have never dated at all, but I can't just assume because they go to a church. I mean shouldn't I have no problem getting a girl I me come on.

Before you guys go asking me, I will not stop being a nice guy. I will never hit a woman, or cheat on a woman, and I will protect her if I ever date a girl. Yes I have never dated a girl in my life probably because of me being a nice guy. I read on a lot of articles They will get pushed into the friends zone, which is soo true. Its happened to me many times. So Yeah I will not stop being a nice guy, even if it gets me nowhere in life. I am soo serious, but I still never had any luck with a girl. I have my pretty eyes, my pretty smile, and the rest of my looks, but I always get shoved into the friend zone. It has happened to me since 6th grade. Heck a few times I was being nice to a girl at a church, and she reported me to church authorities. I just wanted to be friends, but it seems like she assumed I wanted to date her, no I wanted to be friends.
I have known this girl for a while I used to hang out with her, and her boyfriend, and she told on me to a church security guard, because I was trying to be nice, by asking her whats wrong. Some of these girls even at church's takes it the wrong way. I I knew she had a boyfriend, I would never try to date a girl with a boyfriend because that is just wrong, but she didn't know that. And at another church, I was going to the same location as this other girl and she thought I was stalking her, even though I had bible study in the same room. I do not know whats up with females these days. The above happened to me 1-4 years ago.
Some women like to be physically and/or mentally abused. According to them, abuse = LOVE. Just look at JenniWoww and Roger on Jersey Shore. He has punched her, broke her foot, and cussed her out any chance he has, yet, she begs for his marriage proposal. I think it comes from a dysfunctional childhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships