Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 02:16 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,285,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
If he lies about his status he will lie again about something else. He is not single.

If he (but reverse for me) was truthful and the marriage is over I wouldn't have a problem with it.
I assume "separated" was an option? You decide if you want to date a liar. The decision would be easy for me.
I went on a date with a girl that listed herself as divorced. We went out on our first date and she told me that she was separated, but not divorced. When I asked why she lied, she stated she would get more responses if she listed herself as divorced. That rubbed me the wrong way. After about 2 weeks, we stopped seeing each other. I couldn't get over the idea of her lying about something like that, amongst other things.

If he's willing to lie about this, he's willing to lie about something else. Proceed with caution and see other people in the meantime. Don't make all your available time for him, because if you do, you will likely end up in a much worse place...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 02:26 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Stop it! lol If I'm attracted to a married/taken man, it's just because I find him attractive and he has qualities that I like. I don't think, "Ooh, I want him because he's married/taken!" I would find that same guy attractive if he were single.
Not consciously, of course not. No one is.

But I think you are subject to human nature and subconcious feelings like everyone else.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:46 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Not consciously, of course not. No one is.

But I think you are subject to human nature and subconcious feelings like everyone else.
I'm just saying that I see unattractive married men all the time and that ring on their finger doesn't make me want them one bit!

Old 02-06-2013, 02:58 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
I think married men get more ass on the side then men who are in relationships without the ring

As for the thread is sleep with a married woman if I she came on to me and I was attracted to her but never date

Old 02-06-2013, 02:59 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Dead end. Single guys are where it's at.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:04 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I'm just saying that I see unattractive married men all the time and that ring on their finger doesn't make me want them one bit!
Of course. Attraction depends on the individual.

I'm sure you see unattractive rich men all the time and that fat wallet doesn't make you want them, either!

The point is, all else equal, would the same guy appear more attractive married or single?

Old 02-06-2013, 03:06 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
The point is, all else equal, would the same guy appear more attractive married or single?
Single. I wish my married co-worker who I have a huge crush on was single because he's gorgeous and I want him. It does NOT turn me on more just because he has a wife. She's an obstacle, not an aphrodisiac.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:08 PM

431 posts, read 474,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Since when is someone's marital status 'a need to know' basis? Talk about shady.
the need to know comes in when it get to the point of talking ** marriage * then its need to know kids wife ,allamony etc etc until then its good old fun and enjoyment with someone you care for

when your in love THERE AINT NO RULES

Old 02-06-2013, 06:58 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Once the divorce papers are filed, I say go for it. I wouldn't move in before that.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:50 PM

431 posts, read 474,653 times
the problem as i see it is meeting thought the internet/ dating service, male & female folks in those clubs have got* every* reason to lie ,if they didnt they would,nt get dates ,the club/site whatever * manufactures *somebody you say you need to get the fee. you read so many horror stories about liasions that went wrong when the initial contact was thou a *** dating service ***and its extremly dangerous physically

it seems IMO the last resort in meeting somebody never used one and never will just go about the world doing your business and when you meet somebody face to face its a whole differant story (something clicks)

i agree you have to be outgoing ,able to approach a stranger, and not be shy when introduced not easy for everyone
now to address the *sex before marriage * get it if you can before you might not get it after LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships