Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 07:45 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times

Advertisements

First dates are a pain in the ass on the guy. The women just sit back and do absolutely nothing, and get to judge the guy while they put in 0 effort. Thinking about it, it's kind of annoying and rather demeaning.

At the end of the day though, most dates end up being a good time.. even if I don't ever feel like going.

The key to having them be fun, is just making them relaxed, cheap and some sort of activity. The worse off you are with conversation, the more necessary an activity is over something like a restaurant or bar.

I'm a very outgoing guy, and love talking to people.. and even I failed a coffee shop date once. I think I hated it more than she did though.. but she was so hot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 09:40 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
First dates are a pain in the ass on the guy. The women just sit back and do absolutely nothing, and get to judge the guy while they put in 0 effort. Thinking about it, it's kind of annoying and rather demeaning.

At the end of the day though, most dates end up being a good time.. even if I don't ever feel like going.

The key to having them be fun, is just making them relaxed, cheap and some sort of activity. The worse off you are with conversation, the more necessary an activity is over something like a restaurant or bar.

I'm a very outgoing guy, and love talking to people.. and even I failed a coffee shop date once. I think I hated it more than she did though.. but she was so hot.
Maybe you should date different women.

I always put in effort AND pay my own way (and often for the entire date) when I go out. I've never just sat back and done absolutely nothing on a first date.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:35 PM
M45

405 posts, read 653,946 times
I'm one of those guys who grows on you with time.

Probably the worst date I ever was on was with a high school teacher that a guy I work with set me up with. His wife worked with her.

We went out to eat and to the movies to see the first Matrix.

She grabbed my arm during the freaky scenes....guess she at least felt safe.

She also wanted me to come inside after it was all over for the night.

I didn't because I was dumb back then....didn't know what she meant or wanted. lol

My buddy at work called me a dumbass the next day. lol

Oh well....lol

Old 05-05-2013, 10:48 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M45 View Post
I'm one of those guys who grows on you with time.

Probably the worst date I ever was on was with a high school teacher that a guy I work with set me up with. His wife worked with her.

We went out to eat and to the movies to see the first Matrix.

She grabbed my arm during the freaky scenes....guess she at least felt safe.

She also wanted me to come inside after it was all over for the night.

I didn't because I was dumb back then....didn't know what she meant or wanted. lol

My buddy at work called me a dumbass the next day. lol

Oh well....lol
Haha.She was being bad.

Old 05-05-2013, 11:00 PM
M45

405 posts, read 653,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Haha.She was being bad.
Probably.

I think she felt a forearm that was the hardest she ever felt too.

Probably the first guy in a full size 4x4 truck and had that much body hair and muscle as well.

I'm too nice......er, too dumb!

Old 05-05-2013, 11:07 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
Right here

I'm not terrible, I just find it hard to find stuff to talk about one-on-one.
I thought it was a flaw in me at first, eventually I realized this is true for me for non-dates too, with people I know. Even people I know well.

I think people need to calm down with the conversation thing. Conversation is overrated. Conversation isn't going to feed your kids or guide them, or be good in bed with your wife, or take her out dancing, or fix the water heater. There's so much damned more to a relationship/marriage.
Hell it's a pop culture humorous meme that after 2 years of marriage, you don't have ***** to say to your spouse. Chris Rock even has a bit where he says "After that long you're tired of what they have to say, you've heard all their stories."

If I'm dating a girl, it's her job to gab if she needs it so badly. I'm the man, I'm not talkative. That, or talk about something scientific where I could then go on for hours. Or just shut up and lets go ballroom/latin dancing.
Couples are not there to entertain each other. When they talk they should do it to connect with each other, not to entertain each other, and being connected (in the right away) is actually extremely important to maintaining a healthy relationship. A lot of people make the mistake of not acknowledging this or undervaluing it and then end up broken up and don't know why.

Old 05-05-2013, 11:10 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M45 View Post
Probably.

I think she felt a forearm that was the hardest she ever felt too.

Probably the first guy in a full size 4x4 truck and had that much body hair and muscle as well.

I'm too nice......er, too dumb!

That wasn't your arm. :X

Old 05-06-2013, 12:35 AM

2,279 posts, read 4,744,337 times
I'm actually a pretty good 1st date, I'm really good at small talk, drawing people out of their shell, and working a room at parties. Unfortunately, this means I get pressed into service for a lot of friends when they need a wedding date or someone to bring to the boss's dinner party.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:03 PM

647 posts, read 1,523,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
7 unpleasant dates before fun begins sounds horrendous
Maybe not 7 unpleasant dates but it definitely takes around that many dates until I break out of my shell and become fully uncomfortable around the girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships