Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 08:53 AM

162 posts, read 190,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakedkookies View Post
It's expensive. I've been saving for this procedure for awhile.

There's a African lady by the name of MsHoza, who had a skin whitening procedure done, and it looks very natural. A lot of people say she looks bad but that's only because they KNOW she had it done. If they had no idea, they wouldn't suspect a thing.

A lot of the people on here are going to feed you lies about dark women being just as beautiful as lightskinned women, just to make you feel better about yourself. They will post youtube vids, photos of pretty dark women or tell you they know xyz who likes "dark women" to appease you; all of this means nothing because it doesn't reflect reality. You know the moment you log off the computer, and walk out the door, every man's eye is always on the redbone hottie in aisle 4 at the supermarket.
Yup, this is true. But I have had a few guys talk to me at the grocery store. I am attractive but I find that some want you to lower your standards, because they think dark women are at the bottom anyway.

I am leary of skin bleaching. I have never seen any products that actually work, but if you are seeing a dermatologist and they are board certified maybe you will have success.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:59 AM

84 posts, read 84,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi234 View Post
Yup, this is true. But I have had a few guys talk to me at the grocery store. I am attractive but I find that some want you to lower your standards, because they think dark women are at the bottom anyway.

I am leary of skin bleaching. I have never seen any products that actually work, but if you are seeing a dermatologist and they are board certified maybe you will have success.
I have used products that worked in the past, however my skin returned to its original dark color after a few short months. I briefly got lighter and noticed a difference in male attention, and got comments that I had pretty caramel skin. So, people are BSing when they say skin color don't matter, because it really does.

The procedure I'm getting is going to be more drastic, and I'm very excited. After I get it done, I'm going to go to a local concert and see what type of responses I get from men, maybe I'll finally meet a guy who wants a legitimate relationship with my new lighter color.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:00 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times
Nyanna, it really does scare me when you start having full conversations with yourself.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Please stop discouraging me from pursuing happiness. It's not going to work. You are not helping by telling me not to get this procedure, if anything, I take it you want to prevent me from getting privileges that lighter women are constantly receiving. Do you want me to stay dark so I can continue to be every man's late night bootycall?
They want someone who they perceive as lower, so they can ridicule us. Seriously, if you have the money for this procedure and it is safe and effective, go for it. If you have great results, post videos and I'm sure you will make the doctor rich, because so many will want that procedure.

If I could be any complexion, I would like to be light like Vanessa Williams. But if I couldn't get that light, I would be ok with a light brown complexion like Kerry Washington.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:01 AM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Nyanna, it really does scare me when you start having full conversations with yourself.
Yeah.. I know.....

Old 05-20-2013, 09:03 AM

Quote:
I have used products that worked in the past, however my skin returned to its original dark color after a few short months. I briefly got lighter and noticed a difference in male attention, and got comments that I had pretty caramel skin. So, people are BSing when they say skin color don't matter, because it really does.

The procedure I'm getting is going to be more drastic, and I'm very excited. After I get it done, I'm going to go to a local concert and see what type of responses I get from men, maybe I'll finally meet a guy who wants a legitimate relationship with my new lighter color.
What will happen if your color reverts back to dark? I think your relationship will end quickly. He won't want to be seen with you in public.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
You said that you are half Asian and black. I think you are just worried that we will be able to compete with you now, if we can get lighter. You are not fooling us!

Old 05-20-2013, 09:10 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,604,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
LOL

I am Japanese/Hawaiian/German/Irish
Okay then, you are apparently White and Asian. Is that better?

Old 05-20-2013, 09:11 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,242,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I didn't change subject, I gave you an advice you desperately need. =)
Don't waste your keystrokes. Looks like nyanna found another alter ego. This is getting ridiculous.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:11 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Okay then, you are apparently White and Asian. Is that better?
no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships