Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2013, 01:46 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,602,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Oooh how I wish I would have had a video phone with audio in my early 20s
Me too, but for entirely different reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 01:46 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
It's only slander if it's not true.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:53 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Heck, for all we know he is innocent in all of this. Maybe he annoyed her or pissed her off with something completely unrelated and she wanted revenge? Nothing about her makes her more credible than him at this point.
Other than more than a week later, no one has come forward to say a thing to dispute her story.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:58 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Other than more than a week later, no one has come forward to say a thing to dispute her story.
I would think those guys have their hands full right now.

I do wonder....what do their wives think about all that?

Old 06-13-2013, 11:34 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,161 times
It's not surprising to me that the hosts went all out on the gal for identifying the guys as cheaters as I find societally 'bad' male actions are supposed to be kept and dealt with privately so as not to embarrass the guy. It seems outing a guy when it's done by a gal tends to get more negativity thrown at the gal than the guy such as an instance of where a gal I know posted a picture of the guy sexually harassing her and she such hate for it.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:37 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
It's not surprising to me that the hosts went all out on the gal for identifying the guys as cheaters as I find societally 'bad' male actions are supposed to be kept and dealt with privately so as not to embarrass the guy. It seems outing a guy when it's done by a gal tends to get more negativity thrown at the gal than the guy such as an instance of where a gal I know posted a picture of the guy sexually harassing her and she such hate for it.
It's no different than rape victims being 'sl*t shamed'. The woman is is assaulted and raped and then SHE'S called a wh*re by her community. It's really sad.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:54 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
It's no different than rape victims being 'sl*t shamed'. The woman is is assaulted and raped and then SHE'S called a wh*re by her community. It's really sad.
Egh in my experiences most people (mainly guys) don't believe the gal was raped so she's called a liar however if she's believed then she's **** shamed called a ***** and such and later on told how she should have 'prevented' her rape.

Old 06-14-2013, 06:10 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
I have a question because I wasn't going to read through 18 pages of comments, but did the woman who took the picture also audio record their conversation? Was there any evidence that this conversation actually took place?
After wading through the entire thread, that was my thought. It's hearsay. A photo and what she claims was said aren't actual proof of anything.

My ex-husband cheated on me and it was traumatic enough to deal with in private, let alone if my children, and then family, friends, acquaintances, coworkers, strangers found out from the media. Losing control of my privacy that way, I'm sure I'd be equally angry at the woman for exposing it, adding insult to injury. Blabbing my private business to the world is not doing me a favour, and while I don't sympathize with cheaters, I don't need my personal life broadcast to the world without my consent.

The wives, children, extended family, are all collateral damage because of the actions of a woman who gave no thought to anyone but herself and how she felt in that moment of listening to a conversation that had nothing to do with her.

Old 06-14-2013, 06:28 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
A few new tidbits in regards to yesterdays conversations. Some of this thread would fit really well into the Photography section here at C-D.

Recording in public

Quote:
The general rule is that people in public places must assume they might be photographed or recorded, particularly if they are officials carrying out their public duties. Therefore, you may photograph, film and record what you can easily see or hear in public places, even if the recorded people have not specifically consented to such, provided you do not harass, trespass or otherwise intrude.
- See more at: The legal limits of recording conduct and conversations | Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press

I'm trying to find information on overhearing a conversation and when it would be admissible in court for someone to testify to that. Also, most of the information on recording third party conversations -- which as of now it does not seem she did -- is when people can and cannot record a conversation over a phone in which they are one of the people talking. Of course,now days you can record a conversation between two men talking face to face on a train with the phone used as a recording device, not a phone. The slopes are slippery and the times are a'changing.

I still say she had a right to record, if she actually did record, because by speaking where she could hear them, they made her a party to the conversation.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:26 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
A few new tidbits in regards to yesterdays conversations. Some of this thread would fit really well into the Photography section here at C-D.

Recording in public

- See more at: The legal limits of recording conduct and conversations | Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press

I'm trying to find information on overhearing a conversation and when it would be admissible in court for someone to testify to that. Also, most of the information on recording third party conversations -- which as of now it does not seem she did -- is when people can and cannot record a conversation over a phone in which they are one of the people talking. Of course,now days you can record a conversation between two men talking face to face on a train with the phone used as a recording device, not a phone. The slopes are slippery and the times are a'changing.

I still say she had a right to record, if she actually did record, because by speaking where she could hear them, they made her a party to the conversation.

Well nothing indicates she recorded their conversation, so that may be moot. But saying she did, the question remains, if she had a right to record, did she have a right to share it, because the act of sharing it was definitely an intrusion and could potentially be viewed as harrassment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships