Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 07:35 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,516,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Well if there is no independent means of verifying the conversation, she could be sued for libel.
Point granted. Which is why I would have shot video.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 07:36 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,184,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Videotaping a person without their consent. Since it is on a bus, the guys may have a case.

Recording of Individuals Without Their Consent

Even if the guys lose, fighting the case can be prohibitively expensive in terms of lawyer fees and time off of work.
So transit is out. But even if it is legal to record, is it legal to distribute?

28,890 posts, read 30,257,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
Don't you have "invasion of privacy" as a crime in america?
if it were a crime, how come for many many years now, the media has gotten away with it, and what about Princess Dy, she was killed b/c someone was chasing her and photographing her....???

just saying?

2,159 posts, read 2,811,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Videotaping a person without their consent. Since it is on a bus, the guys may have a case.

Recording of Individuals Without Their Consent

Even if the guys lose, fighting the case can be prohibitively expensive in terms of lawyer fees and time off of work.
If it were my husband, I'd be pissed if he then tried to take the stranger to court for his screw up. I'd be even more angry that he wanted to use our money to finance it.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:37 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,468,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Point granted. Which is why I would have shot video.
That's still not independent verification. They could both be making it all up to try to impress each other - or one of them could.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
I probably wouldn't have posted it or said anything to them. I have better things to do with my time. Those idiots shared private information with a stranger and expected no consequences? They're morons.
Nope, not me, I would have probably wanted to scare the livin poop out of them, it would have been WORTH my time....and would I have posted it? I don't know, can't answer that question until it happens....

Old 06-13-2013, 07:39 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,342,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
That's still not independent verification. They could both be making it all up to try to impress each other - or one of them could.
Right, which is why you say, "They were bragging about cheating," not "They were cheating."

Look, if they woman cared so much, she would have snapped the shot, followed them home (or gotten their address) and simply left a note for the wife (with a picture) stating that she had to endure hearing that creep brag about cheating on her for 2 hours.

It's a bit irresponsible to just take a photo and put it up on the internet.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:39 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,516,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
Don't you have the crime "defamation" in america?
In sweden that's up to 2 years in jail for the photographer...
Somehow the quotes were around "invasion of privacy" when I clicked the "quote" button but it is showing up as "defamation" now. Two very different things. As others posted after I asked my question, she could be sued for libel, perhaps slander, both of which could be termed defamation. However, not being a lawyer, I don't know how you would prove that. For starters, if this lady is sued and gets a lawyer, the lawyer will want to know if the guys are cheaters or not. The guys may have to prove they aren't the very thing she says they saidthey are.

As forprivacy, again, not a lawyer, but you have no expectation of privacy in a publis setting.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:40 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,065,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Nope, not me, I would have probably wanted to scare the livin poop out of them, it would have been WORTH my time....and would I have posted it? I don't know, can't answer that question until it happens....
Maybe you would consider that not every wife (or husband) wants to find out their partner is cheating when they turn on the news at night before posting something like that.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
if they were bragging and making up stories, all the more scumbags...it is time to grow up and be a responsible adult....always knowing that no matter what you do or say or think, your life is no longer your own, now, you become liable for the hearts and lives of others...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships