Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2013, 07:43 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,531,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
if it were a crime, how come for many many years now, the media has gotten away with it, and what about Princess Dy, she was killed b/c someone was chasing her and photographing her....???

just saying?
Technically, Princess Di was killed because her driver was speeding like a mofo. If my memory is correct, he wasalso under the influence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 07:44 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,196,161 times
Quote:
if they were bragging and making up stories, all the more scumbags...it is time to grow up and be a responsible adult....always knowing that no matter what you do or say or think, your life is no longer your own, now, you become liable for the hearts and lives of others...

So now you are responsible for policing other people's insecurity issues? You are a peach.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:46 AM

28,913 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Maybe you would consider that not every wife (or husband) wants to find their partner is cheating when they turn on the news at night before posting something like that.
I'm sure your right...what a shock to their system it would be...what a shock to see it on TV, but the whole point is, they said it...they incriminated themselves...by talking about it to the world...

Honestly Sixy, I can see your point, and understand, however, I feel extremely passionate about my feelings on the subject, especially b/c I was on the other end of this...and down the road, if I were that wife, I'd laugh my ass off, that he got caught that way....

Yanno, when my husband was cheating on me, his own mother wouldn't believe me...

if my son ever cheats on his wife, he's going to have hell to pay...not only dealing with her, as I would back her tooth and nail, but me as well....and I'd tell him, I raised you different, I raised you to believe, that your life choices are now going to affect so many other lives...and perhaps many life changing events...and you did something like this...????? You hurt, disappointed and violated our trust, to sit there and brag about the disgusting things you did....????? I'd ream him a brand new one, and he'd be so sorry he hurt his wife and child in such a thoughtless way...especially after seeing how brutally it effected me for 3 years after the fact....

call me a strict witch, but I have extremely strong feelings about certain things, and believe me, my own son isn't exempt from those feelings/opinions....

I told him once, "you know the law, and I sware to God, if you ever get arrested, you've got one phone call, do not call me!"

Old 06-13-2013, 07:47 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,150,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
She should have stayed out of it.

Aside from what this guy did, my BIGGEST pet peeve is people that don't understand social etiquette when it comes to their cameras/phones. You don't take someone's picture without their permission and post it online. I don't care what the person did...it was not her job to be the social police.

Sure, what he did was scummy but she may have just turned someone's life upside down. I would be MORTIFIED if I were the wife in that situation. Everyone knowing my business, even co-workers? My kids knowing what is going on? That is just wrong, wrong, wrong. There is no way for these people to deal with this situation privately now.

I'm sure the woman didn't think of THAT when she posted this guys photo.

^^^^^^ This! Unless she knew the people involved, its none of her business. I guess people are taking a cue from our federal government, and think its their duty to spy on everybody.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:47 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,475,163 times
It is highly likely that the woman commited a crime:

Quote:
Laws differ in the United States on how many parties must give their consent before a conversation may be recorded. In 38 states and the District of Columbia, conversations may be recorded if the person is party to the conversation, or if at least one of the people who are party to the conversation have given a third party consent to record the conversation. In California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Vermont, and Washington State, the consent of all parties must be obtained in order to record a conversation
Legality of recording by civilians - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, this:

Quote:
As noted earlier, the Anglo-American case law tradition, as recognized in most states, 1 offers some protection for privacy of personal information. It is illegal to reveal private facts about someone if the average person would find it objectionable to have that information made public, provided that the subject of the information is not a public figure and there is no legitimate public interest in making the information known. It is also an offense to place a person in a false light. It is not necessary that the false information ruin the person's reputation; only that it be objectionable. Appropriation of someone's name, image, or some other aspect of the person's identity is another offense.
http://www.scu.edu/ethics/practicing...ivacy-law.html

Old 06-13-2013, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
So now you are responsible for policing other people's insecurity issues? You are a peach.
tell you what, if you don't personally feel that way, something is wrong, and yeah, thank you, I am a peach...

Old 06-13-2013, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
^^^^^^ This! Unless she knew the people involved, its none of her business. I guess people are taking a cue from our federal government, and think its their duty to spy on everybody.
She was spying on them? I think not, they MADE HER part of the conversation...period....

Old 06-13-2013, 07:50 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,196,161 times
Quote:
tell you what, if you don't personally feel that way, something is wrong, and yeah, thank you, I am a peach...
I managed to get cheated on without it ruining my entire outlook and rendering me shrilly.... There MUST be something wrong. With me? Not so much.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:51 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,150,844 times
Quote:
well, you made a point, but if my x were bragging like this in public, I surely would want to know, believe you me...woudn't you?

She did, she recorded video...and if they'd sue her, I'd sue them right back for being such jerks and disturbing my ride for 2 whole hours....

She was not wrong, in the least....and I hope this continues, that people are caught in the act of being complete immoral jerks. Years ago, people wouldn't tollerate immoral behavior...they would speak up, but somewhere along the line, society has lost the ability to speak up for what is right...anything goes today, and people do not have a clue, as to how their public behavior effects someone else, nor do they care....I personally am sick to death of people infringing on my personal space, be it their loud screaming kids or a couple fighting in public, using every word in the book, or something like this...

So, if the same situation occured, and some girl was bulling your child, and a woman got it on video, would you then say it was ok?
Because I'm sure you have no skeletons in your closet either right?

Old 06-13-2013, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
It is highly likely that the woman commited a crime:

Legality of recording by civilians - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, this:

Privacy and the Law

as Wikipedia states...the laws may vary in different states....bottom line is...
if you don't wish others to know about your personal life, do not discuss it in public...
I don't want to hear it, especially on a train...you have no idea who is sitting around you, suppose she would have been a cousin to one of the wives, or worse yet, a parent, or sister?????

All of you people who state she was the one that was wrong, I believe honestly and I appologize, your either a guy, or you've got your priorities mixed up...on who initiated this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships