Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 02:27 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
"Nice guys finish last" feels like one of those stereotypes that for some reason just refuses to die.

The kind of guys who whine that 'being nice isn't getting me anywhere' are the kind of guys who think all women are machines that you have to feed 'nice' tokens into until sex, affection, and marriage falls out. So not actually nice guys at all.

I've been approached by many many MANY so called nice guys. They were nice, considerate, loving, and sensitive towards my feelings at the very beginning. The moment I announced, "I am off the market, I found the man in my dreams." They started calling me names, spreading rumors about me, telling lies, trashing my reputation, just being downright nasty to me.

They all told me, "If you want to sleep with rude jerks who treat you badly, it is your call." They say that without even bothering getting to know my boyfriend. He's an incredibly nice, gentle, awesome old fashioned gentleman who will never beat his girlfriend cheat on her or beingmean and disrespectful to her.

Nice guys? Give me a break.

How many times you heard these guys complain "You reject me simply because I am a nice guy." NO, I reject you because you are not an authentic nice guy. It is almost as pathetic as somebody complain, "I cannot get a date because I am a (insert a particular race here) dude." No, you cannot get a date because you don't have interpersonal social skills and you complain too damn much. Deal with it already.

****Disclaimer: Above statement is not directed at OP or anybody who participated in this discussion. So please don't take it personality. Thanks****
Okay, this is just straight up BS. Not cool. Spreading rumors about you just because you are taken? That's low. Oh, so you are supposed to just break things off with your boyfriend just because they were "nice" to you? How about this, they aren't nice, they are trying to get between and break up a relationship. They are low lives for that.

Count on guys like that to keep things interesting. They blame women for their short comings. They insist that all women are a certain way that only a rare few women are. They bring out this stereotype that is based on not even 1% of a group.

The sad thing is that I know someone who might be like this. He whines about women (not all the time, though). He apparently has some warped logic. If ever a woman is nice to me, he goes on this tirade about how she is trying to set me up and play me. The next day I meet her, she'll say "Who are You?!, I don't know you!!!" He insists that it will happen to me, just because it happened to him all the time. Yet somehow, he thinks any woman that is nice to him has the hots for him.

Funny thing is with me, the opposite usually happens. I'm the one with the memory problems and this woman has to jog my memory.

With him a woman can tell him to f--- off and take me back to her room and go from there, and he'd still insist that she wants him and can't stand me. LOL!!!

I tell him. "Maybe it is how you come off. Maybe you jump on a lady so strongly that it scares her and she has to pull the "I don't know you card" which is not really a lie since she's only met you once. Slow your roll."

Either way, its never him, its them.

I've rambled on. But no wonder nice guys are said to finish last. There are so many low life losers that pose as nice guys when in real life they are nothing but passive-aggressive, crybaby, manipulative, never-been-breastfed, delusional, stalker-ish, weak-minded, sick, low life, everything they accuse women of being, emotionally abusive, socially maladjusted, unstable b----es.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 02:30 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Okay, this is just straight up BS. Not cool. Spreading rumors about you just because you are taken? That's low. Oh, so you are supposed to just break things off with your boyfriend just because they were "nice" to you? How about this, they aren't nice, they are trying to get between and break up a relationship. They are low lives for that.

Count on guys like that to keep things interesting. They blame women for their short comings. They insist that all women are a certain way that only a rare few women are. They bring out this stereotype that is based on not even 1% of a group.

The sad thing is that I know someone who might be like this. He whines about women (not all the time, though). He apparently has some warped logic. If ever a woman is nice to me, he goes on this tirade about how she is trying to set me up and play me. The next day I meet her, she'll say "Who are You?!, I don't know you!!!" He insists that it will happen to me, just because it happened to him all the time. Yet somehow, he thinks any woman that is nice to him has the hots for him.

Funny thing is with me, the opposite usually happens. I'm the one with the memory problems and this woman has to jog my memory.

With him a woman can tell him to f--- off and take me back to her room and go from there, and he'd still insist that she wants him and can't stand me. LOL!!!

I tell him. "Maybe it is how you come off. Maybe you jump on a lady so strongly that it scares her and she has to pull the "I don't know you card" which is not really a lie since she's only met you once. Slow your roll."

Either way, its never him, its them.

I've rambled on. But no wonder nice guys are said to finish last. There are so many low life losers that pose as nice guys when in real life they are nothing but passive-aggressive, crybaby, manipulative, never-been-breastfed, delusional, stalker-ish, weak-minded, sick, low life, everything they accuse women of being, emotionally abusive, socially maladjusted, unstable b----es.

I am glad that you understand what I was trying to say.

Most women do love, respect genuine nice guys aka good men.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:31 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:

I am glad that you understand what I was trying to say.

Most women do love, respect genuine nice guys aka good men.

Old 06-21-2013, 03:28 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:

I've been approached by many many MANY so called nice guys. They were nice, considerate, loving, and sensitive towards my feelings at the very beginning. The moment I announced, "I am off the market, I found the man in my dreams." They started calling me names, spreading rumors about me, telling lies, trashing my reputation, just being downright nasty to me.
Why are some guys so petty and vindictive? So now, suddenly, you've made a bunch of enemies just because you found the love of your life? What's up with that? And what are you supposed to do about it? How do you handle the damage control?

Old 06-21-2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why are some guys so petty and vindictive? So now, suddenly, you've made a bunch of enemies just because you found the love of your life? What's up with that? And what are you supposed to do about it? How do you handle the damage control?
Stay the hell away from these wounded souls.

With all seriousness though, they perhaps want nothing to do with me either. That is why I always wonder, " Can Men and Women Really Be Just Friends?" Probably not.

Old 06-21-2013, 03:57 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Quote:
Stay the hell away from these wounded souls.

With all seriousness though, they perhaps want nothing to do with me either. That is why I always wonder, " Can Men and Women Really Be Just Friends?" Probably not.
It's possible, if neither are attracted to each other.

Old 06-21-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
It's possible, if neither are attracted to each other.
I suppose. I guess most people try to avoid dramas. It's all just too draining.

Old 06-21-2013, 04:10 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
Simply being nice doesnt make one attractive

Old 06-21-2013, 04:31 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,812,216 times
Why do some guys do that? I went on 3 dates with this one guy. He seemed nice, but something about him bugged me and I just couldn't put my finger on it. After 3 dates, I decided to stop there because I wasn't any closer to an answer and despite how nice he was, I didn't trust him. I got my answer. I came out of a pool hall with some friends. He was at my car and started calling me a ***** and a filthy **** (all I did was kiss him wtf?). My friend and I barely got in my car. He hit the window. Clearly, I made a error in judgment going out with him. A friend of ours was nice enough to go and have a word with him.

Some nice guys, really aren't nice. Almost everyone seems nice at first.

Old 06-21-2013, 04:36 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
Why do some guys do that? I went on 3 dates with this one guy. He seemed nice, but something about him bugged me and I just couldn't put my finger on it. After 3 dates, I decided to stop there because I wasn't any closer to an answer and despite how nice he was, I didn't trust him. I got my answer. I came out of a pool hall with some friends. He was at my car and started calling me a ***** and a filthy **** (all I did was kiss him wtf?). My friend and I barely got in my car. He hit the window. Clearly, I made a error in judgment going out with him. A friend of ours was nice enough to go and have a word with him.

Some nice guys, really aren't nice. Almost everyone seems nice at first.
WTF?

Why do women have no shortage of tales to tell about crazy men?

I am glad to be a man, haven't met a crazy woman yet, at least not THAT crazy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships