Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2007, 08:16 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,352,784 times

Advertisements

I know, everything is my fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2007, 09:29 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,112,598 times
hey robyn since i can't go with you a thought just came to mind

you and kalo need to go together

2 SBW vs car salespeople my moneys on the 2 SBW

Old 11-23-2007, 09:43 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,643,800 times
Robyn you might want to pick up a "Kelly Blue Book" before you hit the car lots.

Old 11-23-2007, 10:14 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,915,317 times
I second the older Toyota or Honda Robyn, of course you already know that because we've discussed this in DMs. BTW, don't go out and buy a bluebook, go to the site below.

New Car Prices | Used Car Values - Official Kelley Blue Book Site

A "Blue Book" tells you what the market value of a car is based on mileage, features, and such. It's a helpful tool, but not the end all do all.

If you cannot get something cheap enough to buy outright, your best bet would be to go to a reputable dealership and go for a used car and finance it through the bank. Like others have said, take someone else with you and remember the term "buyer beware." The salesmen at dealerships will take you for as much cash as they can.

They have these "fantastic deals" advertised on TV and in the newspaper, but then that "fantastic deal" dissolves when you inquire because "we're out of that model" or "oh, that special ended at noon today" and so on. Also, "well that special was for people with perfect credit," and on and on and on.

BTW, Happy post Thanksgiving all! We had a great time on our trip up to Oklahoma, but I GOT LOST on the way up!!! Not real lost, it just took longer than I thought because I made a couple of wrong turns.

Anyway, to get back on topic. Be sure and take someone with you Robyn. Two is better than one for many reasons.

Herds of Hugs to ya!

Old 11-23-2007, 10:16 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,836,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Can't rep you Pirate Girl, but I'll keep trying!
Thanks- it's amazing what some begging will do- I'm way up on points and with this group helping I just might get my Pirate's Booty (gold bar) by Christmas!

Thanks!!

Robyn, I agree with the advice about honda or toyota- they do run forever. Think of car shopping as an adventure! You get something newer, more dependable and safer for you and the little ones!

Old 11-23-2007, 10:32 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,112,598 times
another site to check out used car prices is N.A.D.A. Official Used Car Guide Company
you can see the trade in value and the retail you want to be closer tot he trade value

Old 11-23-2007, 11:08 AM

He called and asked me to meet him, told him my car does not work, he said I know that. I told you it wouldn't. I told him what was wrong with it, and he said so it wasn't___________, nope, it wasn't how you said it would go.

I told him if he were to pick up the kids, I of course could not meet him, and he would have to come out here, he says, hmm, what would I do if my truck broke down. Whatever! he is always driving his mothers Pacifica!

Then he asks both kids if they have gotten a haircut. I tried to cut As yesterday, he didn't want it cut.

He gives me a time he is gonna come out here. Fine. Trimmed Ls ends, cut As hair. This has always always always been a weekend thing...always!

Of course I couldn't shape As hair up, no clippers. Lovely. Still looking for a car. Both cuts look good, record time.

Oh what would I do if my truck was broken down, can't you get someone to take you to meet me?

I told him no, its the day after Thanksgiving and people are spending time with their families, or away.

Rolling off, Rolling off. But gggrrr lol

Old 11-23-2007, 11:09 AM

283 posts, read 524,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
hey robyn since i can't go with you a thought just came to mind

you and kalo need to go together

2 SBW vs car salespeople my moneys on the 2 SBW
Too funny!!! They aint got nuffin on us2 SBW!! In the meantime, Kalo's taxi is still running.

Hope everyone out there in CD land had a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving.

Old 11-23-2007, 05:56 PM

He picked the kids up around 130 or so. He came to my street. he did not come into my yard or my driveway. I hugged the kids and let them know I loved them, told them to have a great time with Daddy, and they knew already that I would not be calling them, but that they could call me.

I talked with him for a while outside of the kids being able to hear, let him know how L is doing, etc.

He was very decent today, unbelievably so, actually. Would be nice if this is how it always was. I don't imagine that if his mother would have been with him he would have been this way.

He said something to the effect of he knows I must be awfully stressed out over everything, including the car, and I just told him I was trying to take it in stride. What else can I do, really?

I took a nap, after I ate some lunch, it was too late to go to the car dealership, I will go in the morning, they will come and get me, if I get something there, I will drive it home, if not, they will bring me home.

I am playing my first Christmas music of the season, Yolanda Adams. Very talented artist. The tv is muted, and thoughts of putting the Christmas tree drift about. I dont have any lights for it...LOL Maybe I can just get it up and go from there, I am sure the kitties will be more than happy to supervise. Gonna put it in the Living room to the right of my fireplace.

I love Kalos taxi.... Big hugs to Kalo!!!! Love you girl!

Old 11-23-2007, 07:21 PM

283 posts, read 524,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post

I love Kalos taxi.... Big hugs to Kalo!!!! Love you girl!
Love you too you SBW. I thought of a new name for IBTJ.....how about IP?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships