Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 11:40 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,661,345 times

Advertisements

Because she had a good poker face and bluffed you, Pokerman.

Just kidding... I didn't read the OP, only your name and the title of the thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 11:40 AM

93 posts, read 146,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipitop View Post
My 2c. You did everything right till that text message. You should talk with her in person, not hide behind texting. Again problem of balls for direct approach what we all average Joes have.
That wasn't an option. He's at work. If he goes up to her desk at work like you seem to suggest and starts talking to her .. that could be a problem.

I disagree. In this case, that was probably his only less bad option out of a plethora of bad options.

Of course, the best option is to lay off of women at work. Too complicated as we can all see.

Old 08-01-2013, 11:43 AM

2,222 posts, read 3,602,759 times
Women's signals are designed to confuse us.

Old 08-01-2013, 11:44 AM

93 posts, read 146,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
Women's signals are designed to confuse us.
Amen to that

Old 08-01-2013, 11:52 AM

14 posts, read 23,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
It sounds to me like she's just a friendly person. She may act exactly like she did with you, with anyone of any age and gender.

I am very friendly and outgoing and my intentions have been misconstrued at times as well, so I can sort of empathize with her a bit.

Really? So you stare a guys you never met before and then make a point to say hello to them for no reason? If so, then I can't trust myself to know the difference anymore.

Old 08-01-2013, 11:56 AM

752 posts, read 1,165,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyNewGuy View Post
That wasn't an option. He's at work. If he goes up to her desk at work like you seem to suggest and starts talking to her .. that could be a problem.

I disagree. In this case, that was probably his only less bad option out of a plethora of bad options.

Of course, the best option is to lay off of women at work. Too complicated as we can all see.
Bat he said that he saw her at a café bar too. He get signals (who know what women signals really mean?) and now he have to check what signals mean when he see her.
I would ask her: “I saw you smile at me, and I send you a text message, would you go out with me”. I don’t know what he ask here at all. Yeah that balls ting.

Old 08-01-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipitop View Post
Bat he said that he saw her at a café bar too. He get signals (who know what women signals really mean?) and now he have to check what signals mean when he see her.
She was there with her sister or something. No way I would approach her that way. If she alone then for sure I would have.

Old 08-01-2013, 11:59 AM

2,279 posts, read 4,746,115 times
My cell number is available to all other employees at my company, but I'd be freaked out if someone used the internal directory to look up my number for the sake of sending what was intended as a very mildly flirtatious text message.

Also.. it's not clear from the info provided if she's interested or merely friendly. (This goes back to stuff a lot of women on here have posted about how we walk around with grumpy-face a lot, so that people don't mistake friendliness or polite civility for "I want to jump your bones.")

Old 08-01-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wry_Martini View Post
My cell number is available to all other employees at my company, but I'd be freaked out if someone used the internal directory to look up my number for the sake of sending what was intended as a very mildly flirtatious text message.

Also.. it's not clear from the info provided if she's interested or merely friendly. (This goes back to stuff a lot of women on here have posted about how we walk around with grumpy-face a lot, so that people don't mistake friendliness or polite civility for "I want to jump your bones.")
<groan> It wasn't like that

Old 08-01-2013, 12:03 PM

752 posts, read 1,165,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokerman View Post
She was there with her sister or something. No way I would approach her that way. If she alone then for sure I would have.
So, soon or lather, you will se her alone outside of business place. Keep smiling at her. It can’t get old, accurse unless she start ignore you. Forget about texting like a misstep. Accurse do not forget notice texting when you talk with here otherwise creep label is close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships