Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 10:32 AM

14 posts, read 23,126 times

Advertisements

So at work one day, this woman i had my eye on gives me what I thought a blatant stare that looked like she was interested. Then a couple of days later, she sees me again and makes a point of saying hello to me in passing and smiles.

Then I see her in town. She was sitting at at an outdoor cafe with what looked like to be her sister or something because of the resemblance. I waved at her and smiled and she gave me a big smile and waved back. Up until this point we've never spoken to each other.

So the next day, in order to open a line of communication, I sent her a text on her phone (from the company cell phones we all have) and said it was nice to see her yesterday and I signed the text with my name and in parenthesis specified I was the guy that waved at her.

That was a couple of weeks ago. I got no reply and she barely acknowledges me now when I see her. So now I just ignore her. But seriously .. WTF? If she wasn't interested, I'd think she'd reply something like, "Nice to see you as well. Have a nice day" and I would have understood that to mean not to follow up. But no reply at all? I feel like such an idiot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 10:36 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,456,933 times
have you ever considered she just noticed you and her worked at the same place and she was being considerate by saying hello and not wanting to jump you bones?

Old 08-01-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
have you ever considered she just noticed you and her worked at the same place and she was being considerate by saying hello and not wanting to jump you bones?
If that was the only thing, I'd agree. But to me the other two times we ran into each other she seemed interested. If those were not signals that she was interested, then I'm screwed. I guess I can't assume anything until she actually comes out and says something ..

Old 08-01-2013, 10:46 AM

93 posts, read 146,751 times
My guess is that she enjoyed the idea of going out with you more than the reality. She might be in a Relationship or she might ultimately not like the idea of having a relationship with a co-worker. She probably did you a favor.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:50 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,351,399 times
She may have just overlooked the text....

Old 08-01-2013, 10:52 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,351,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
Although you overtly overplayed your hand with that text if she didn't overlook it, and she knew immediately you were dead interested....which may have scared her off since she works with you.

523 posts, read 840,553 times
How did you get her cell#? If she didn't give it to you, that's creepy that you texted her.

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokerman View Post
I guess I can't assume anything until she actually comes out and says something ..
This. Every time.

I also think texting her was a bit presumptuous.

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
You did everything right, but it turned out she was just being friendly to you. That's the way it goes, sometimes. It's hard to tell what the intention is until you make a move like you did. And you found out the intention wasn't what you thought it was. Better luck next time. These things happen. Don't let it get you down.

edit: I guess the others think the texting (when she hadn't given you her number) was too direct too soon. Maybe next time if something similar happens, just chat with her, like: "Nice seeing you out and about the other day. Do you like that cafe? I've heard good things about it." Use it as a convo starter. Let things build gradually.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
I thought about that. But there's nothing I can do about that now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships