Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 01:12 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
So I suppose if WPD gets a response of "Hi, how are you? LOL. What do you do for fun?" his head will explode?
That's tomorrows thread. Haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 01:17 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,804,827 times
A little off topic, but on the very unlikely chance that I ever try online dating again... I think I am going to stop typing longer messages to men and just send the men I like the message:

"You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own."

And see where it all goes from there

Last edited by jillabean; 08-15-2013 at 01:40 PM.. Reason: fixed a typo

Old 08-15-2013, 01:36 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
A little off topic, but on the very unlikely chance that I ever try online dating again... I think I am going to stop typing longer messages to men and just send the men I like the message:

"You will be assimilated. Resistance if futile. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own."

And see where it all goes from there
You're going to Borg them?!

Old 08-15-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
You're going to Borg them?!
All I am going to say is ...

Old 08-15-2013, 01:51 PM
ttz

677 posts, read 1,666,846 times
Apparently most people think you have to spill your guts or come up with this crafty long winded message when you initially contact someone.

This is just crazy and bizarre and gets me pissed off!

Like someone else pointed out. What do you say when you walk up to someone you're interested in? Do you say "Hi there. How are you/my name is..." Or a few paragraphs about yourself or what you see or like about them???! Yes it's this sillyness that everyone gets wrapped around the axel that makes online dating a real drag.

I guess there are some guys that think this way too! Wow. I only thought women did this... (With this topic)

Old 08-15-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttz View Post
Apparently most people think you have to spill your guts or come up with this crafty long winded message when you initially contact someone.

This is just crazy and bizarre and gets me pissed off!

Like someone else pointed out. What do you say when you walk up to someone you're interested in? Do you say "Hi there. How are you/my name is..." Or a few paragraphs about yourself or what you see or like about them???! Yes it's this sillyness that everyone gets wrapped around the axel that makes online dating a real drag.

I guess there are some guys that think this way too! Wow. I only thought women did this... (With this topic)
You know, it's an interesting point. I never thought of saying "hi" in online dating as similar to saying "hi" in public when you meet someone. I thought of more like a job where you see a job you are interested in and send a cover letter saying why you are interested and what you have to offer.

Maybe I've been to formal about things.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:25 PM

523 posts, read 840,374 times
With most guys online, if you send them a message with a smiley face and they like your picture, they respond.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:39 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
I think the OP already created this identical thread a couple of years ago. It's very old material.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:42 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogluvr2013 View Post
With most guys online, if you send them a message with a smiley face and they like your picture, they respond.
The holds true for women. It really is that simple. I'm not certain why people get bent out of shape because "Hello" isn't a paragraph long.
The people that I know that are successful with online dating don't type paragraphs(Hi and work just fine), and contrary to what many people on this forum say, many men and many women exchange phone numbers within 1-3 messages and move immediately to texting.
And to my knowledge, none of my friends or friends dates have been an axe murderer.

Filtering out the extremist here are important in order to not get confused about IRL. Or, just consider it all entertainment, and do what you were going to do anyway. Everyone is some sorta crazy anywho.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:47 PM

103 posts, read 185,480 times
Usually I just delete guys when I get a half assed response. I'm not sure which is worse the "hi. How are you?" Or the "dam gurl ur Hawt." Typed exactly like that. Those usually get a great response of rolling my eyes, and blocking the person and deleting the lovely message.
I just think if that's the effort in the beginning when you're supposed to be on your best behavior, geez how awful would the date be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships