Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 12:25 AM

1,013 posts, read 910,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
I am a woman, and I hate my looks. I am in my mid 20s. But apparently, I look 15.

1. When getting my nails done, the lady offered wine to all the women there. No problem. But me, she needed to see ID for.
2. When repair men come to my house, the 1st thing they ask is "You are 18, right?"
3. And while setting up said appointment on the phone, at the end, they tell me "Oh, be sure an adult is there when they come."

Not a compliment in the slightest. Rather insulting. As if my self-esteem wasn't low enough, to no-existent, already.

My mother, of course, says it's good. But I tell her it's good at 60, not 20. What 20-year-old wants to look like a teenager?

I am almost wishing for some wrinkles now, or some kind of distinct lining. IO think many people's faces also thin and slim down as the age. I look forward to that, always thought my face was face. Maybe that's the problem.
I feel the same.
but despite that.
You may enjoy it when in your 30's

IMO women should not force themselves to look older.
guys like you women looking young after all.

but too young is bad because they may get charged with being a pedophile.
it's hard on me too because older women closer to my age would find dating myself less desirable
and if I go for younger women... they would think I am a pedo...

well we will just have to live with it for a while.
this is society's problem not ours really.

We take care of our bodies too well,
so we don't age much compared to them.

it's unfortunate they would become prejudice towards younger looking older people.

if we tell younger people our age they think we are too old to hang out with
if we tell older people our age they think we look too young to hang out with.

being younger/looking younger is not the problem
I just blame society with her prejudices forcing me
lie or not tell them my true age for fear of scaring them off.

To feel less of a person because of this truly stupid really.

also here some info on aging
Telomere - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and lookup telomarase.
this determines how long your body's cells will live/replicate.

in reality our genes are actually superior to theirs.

lets be grateful that we can live a long, young and healthy looking life.

don't hate your youth
but hate how others treat us like children.

cheer up you will look like her when you are 54
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...eyes-once.html

she's pretty hot for a 54 year old

I would date her if she would let me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2014, 12:27 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,858,983 times
When I was in my teens and early 20's, everyone thought I was older. I seemed to plateau at 23/24, because now I'm 31 and that's what people guess I am They're always shocked to find out I've cracked the big three-oh.

I'm actually not entirely sure that's a good thing...

Old 12-27-2014, 12:33 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen811 View Post

and lookup telomarase.

don't hate your youth
It would be helpful to post some suggestions on how to deal with people who don't take you seriously in work contexts.

You can repair damage to your telomeres by eating a lot of fresh fruit, vegetables, and protein.

Old 12-27-2014, 12:34 AM

619 posts, read 651,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
When I was in my teens and early 20's, everyone thought I was older. I seemed to plateau at 23/24, because now I'm 31 and that's what people guess I am They're always shocked to find out I've cracked the big three-oh.

I'm actually not entirely sure that's a good thing...
I've never known any women in my sphere to complain when a man looks younger. I've heard them complain when a man has better hair, but unless you're on a date and someone refers to her as your mom, I think it's an okay deal.

Old 12-27-2014, 04:40 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,033,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Very well, I won't declare it since you wouldn't believe me anyway. Instead, people will judge for themselves if/when they meet me and eventually learn my age. I'll just give a couple of examples from my own dating experiences. Of the last several women I dated, they initiated contact with me. Two were online (I was honest about my age) - one was 25 years younger, the other 18 years younger. We dated for several months. One approached me in a bar - she was 27 years younger, and we had a two year long FWB relationship. We didn't discuss age for quite some time, and she was very surprised at my age when we did discuss it a couple of months after meeting.
Looking at your profile picture, I am guessing 63.

Old 12-27-2014, 07:52 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,719,216 times
People tell me all the time they can't believe I am 21.

I look very young in the face, and body wise since I am thin I guess. Most people assume I am 16. It works to my advantage too because when my friend and I were out, there was this guy who asked if I was 18, I lied and said 16. Lol and he went on to say something really creepy like "I hope I can find you when you are 18." When it comes to dating....it doesn't really matter much. Guys of all ages still hit on me.

Weird.

Old 12-27-2014, 09:03 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,684,768 times
I'm always told I look younger, but that's generally how it is in my family (parents and five sisters all look younger). However, I also am very aware of the fact that I'm 40 years old. Whether I look older than 40 or younger doesn't change that.

If someone does look younger, good for them! I would imagine that person is taking good care of himself or herself. If you look younger on the outside, chances are your insides also "look" younger, which is a good thing! If you look 20 years older than you are on the outside, chances are your body's major organs are also 20 years older.

Old 12-27-2014, 09:10 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,577,136 times
I don't worry about it. Long gone are the days of getting carded for alcohol but then I take a look around and there are some rough looking,pot bellied folks my age so I realize I'm doing pretty good.

Old 12-27-2014, 09:23 AM

457 posts, read 604,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen811 View Post
I feel the same.
but despite that.
You may enjoy it when in your 30's

IMO women should not force themselves to look older.
guys like you women looking young after all.

but too young is bad because they may get charged with being a pedophile.
it's hard on me too because older women closer to my age would find dating myself less desirable
and if I go for younger women... they would think I am a pedo...

well we will just have to live with it for a while.
this is society's problem not ours really.

We take care of our bodies too well,
so we don't age much compared to them.

it's unfortunate they would become prejudice towards younger looking older people.

if we tell younger people our age they think we are too old to hang out with
if we tell older people our age they think we look too young to hang out with.

being younger/looking younger is not the problem
I just blame society with her prejudices forcing me
lie or not tell them my true age for fear of scaring them off.

To feel less of a person because of this truly stupid really.

also here some info on aging
Telomere - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and lookup telomarase.

don't hate your youth

cheer up you will look like her when you are 54
I look 30 at the age of 54... and I haven't had ANY work done. Please don't all scratch my eyes out at once! | Daily Mail Online

she's pretty hot for a 54 year old

I would date her if she would let me.
As hard as it may seem for women who look younger (and I would argue it's better than looking old for your age in the case of women) it's equally hard and most of the time harder for a guy. When a young-looking guy is in college, who does he even date? His peers will probably look past him because he looks younger than them, I still find it difficult a couple years out of college. Thankfully, I prefer cute, young looking women myself, but I always feel like the kid tagging along. I feel lucky to have the friends I have, but romantically, sometimes I think 'forget about it'.

Old 12-28-2014, 04:07 AM

468 posts, read 483,582 times
I'm Asian girl here, Asian-American
And I'm 30, but I look in my early twenties. Everybody say I have good skin, and I look younger than my age.
My BF is 29, and he looks MUCH older than me, eventhough I'm 1 year older than him.

I'm surprise how I can look young though, I sure struggle in life alot and I have a dysfunctional childhood (abusive mother)
Life wasn't a carpet full of roses for me. Maybe it in the gene to look young.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships